Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Steve Maxwell Advices

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Dirt McGirt wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 pm
I appreciate hearing what his 'training journey' has been, and I loved "early-2000s, kettlebell Steve Maxweel," but the sad thing is that right now he looks (for what that is worth) worse than a fair chunk of the broke-dick old O-5s/O-6s and E-8s/E-9s I see trying to stay in shape at the gym I occasionally show up to, so I am not sure why I would take the advice of "defeated, Bedouin Steve Maxwell" over that of a guy or gal who still works 50 hours a week and stays in better shape than him?
Damn Dirt, going in dry. I present you with three clappies: =D> =D> =D>
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Dirt McGirt wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:48 pm
I appreciate hearing what his 'training journey' has been, and I loved "early-2000s, kettlebell Steve Maxweel," but the sad thing is that right now he looks (for what that is worth) worse than a fair chunk of the broke-dick old O-5s/O-6s and E-8s/E-9s I see trying to stay in shape at the gym I occasionally show up to, so I am not sure why I would take the advice of "defeated, Bedouin Steve Maxwell" over that of a guy or gal who still works 50 hours a week and stays in better shape than him?
Steve is in his late 60s, IIRC. Bit of a fitness outlier at that age.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Maxwell is up against a wall. As a physical educator, it's an ugly fact that age is not your friend and the struggle to remain relevant is a slow and doomed rearguard action.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:16 am

I choose for myself the learning of new skills.
Variants of handstands, pressups, now trying muscleups... etc.
I hope that will help as as method of struggle to remain relevant. Although i never was too much athletic and have nothing to support.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:48 am

I embrace irrelevance.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 am

Fat Cat wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 pm
Maxwell is up against a wall. As a physical educator, it's an ugly fact that age is not your friend and the struggle to remain relevant is a slow and doomed rearguard action.
I would think that Maxwell could well have a niche, a very fit (and maybe well built) 60-something guy. In a way similar to the 79 year old Dr.Life below. Of course, looks sell better than performance. But I am sure that Rudnev, for example, will manage to impress in his 70-s.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:14 am

Sangoma wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 am
I am sure that Rudnev, for example, will manage to impress in his 70-s.
Because even in his support mode he has enough to impress.
He had built his athletic abilities before his midforties.