The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Re: The couch thread

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Joshua Murphy is obviously one of the 35 or so guests lurking on the TF tonight. That thread was up for almost 8 hrs, and within 10 minutes of me linking to it, he closed that shit down. Hi, Josh, nice job. :JRJHK:
And which one of you foulmouthed ignorami is Brad Miles?
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... 64&page=20
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

You know Davey Castratedo is just chomping at the bit to hulk out and say some stupid shit. Because he has been relatively quiet, I suspect he is either drunk out of his mind, getting sodomized like the hunchback in 300, or locked in Pitt's dungeon screaming at the top of his lungs " MUST FUCK SHIT UP..."

Remains to be seen just how much vaginal hubris HQ has. Already people are asking why they cannot discuss things in a civil fashion, only to be told not to pay attention to the man behind the curtain and that the emperor is in fact wearing a lovely new suit.

"It should be obvious by now that some topics are not up for discussion in this forum. " Let this be their epitaph.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Grim Hamundarson wrote:Joshua Murphy is obviously one of the 35 or so guests lurking on the TF tonight. That thread was up for almost 8 hrs, and within 10 minutes of me linking to it, he closed that shit down. Hi, Josh, nice job. :JRJHK:
And which one of you foulmouthed ignorami is Brad Miles?
http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... 64&page=20
I love how much the @F moderators hate their posters. They run that place like Shawshank.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

How did we miss this?

The Sumodeadlift Highpull in Spanish, CrossFit Journal preview - video ...
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CFJ_ ... DHPPRE.mov

I watched the whole thing because, for some reason, women don't bother me as much when they speak other languages. Second, as a leg and ass man, I got to stare at some chick in black shorts for three minutes (there was another promising piece of trim pictured, but she was too far away). Finally, I was listening for "horseshit movement," "laughing stock of the fitness community," or "this is proof that Couch hates Mexicans." It never came.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Gin Master wrote:The Sumodeadlift Highpull in Spanish, CrossFit Journal preview - video ...
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CFJ_ ... DHPPRE.mov
No. Fucking. Way!!!
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

intrepidseapker wrote:Aimee Anaya sent me the link for this thread shortly after the Everett/Wolf episode. Haven't talked to some of you since the Mark Twight fiasco. Danny...Shaf...great to see you guys on here! The posts on here are fantastic! I'm still catching up (and pissing myself laughing as i do so). Sad(but not suprsing) to see some many @fitters still can't think for themselves. More sheeple for the altar :axe:
I'm not actually here. That being said: I'm a huge Robb Wolf fan and appreciate all the work he has done!

Mark's site, gymjones.com, is the best site on the net for daily workout information. You can get gems every day from what you find there. Mark is the real deal and his athletes are exploding in areas as diverse as cycling to MMa.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

Grim Hamundarson wrote:http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=53399
Some of the sheeple are thinking for themselves.
I wish Joshua Murphy would stop using the image from the Táin Bó Cúailnge without referencing the artist. I remember studying the book years ago. I'm amazed that Intellectual Property is thrown about at a site like that. If I can find a copy of my book, many have I lent out, I would like to show it to you all.

I think it is the "Warp Spasm" picture, but...

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Gin Master wrote:I love how much the @F moderators hate their posters. They run that place like Shawshank.
=D> =D> =D> I think CrossFit posters wish they could use IGx quotes as their sigs.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Post by ___________ »

Couch is a fucking worthless scum bag, pass it on.

Eric B
Gunny

Post by Eric B »

Allison NYC = Ill Canyons.
Over time, your quickness with a cocky rejoinder must have gotten you many punches in the face.

Onan The Barbarian
Sarge

Post by Onan The Barbarian »

I like this Ryan Jones guy's style: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... 64&page=19 ie. the one saying that the guy that got Rhabdo is a "total puss".

From his log (@192 bw):
Back Squat 3x5x45 5x65 3x95 2x115 3x5x145
Bench Press 3x5x45 3x65 2x95 3x5x120
Deadlift 5x45 5x175

Pyjama clad postulators all.

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

Random quotes from a few sheeples that sound like they may be waking up. I am feeding their desire to question the allmeaty couch with a few choice links. Here are soem folks who seem a little less reatrded.
We all have been civil but these threads keep getting closed. Must be another reason these threads keep getting closed.
So, I guess that's the big question: Will people be attending a Zone Diet certification or a nutrition certification?
Maybe I know more than you or maybe don't, but why does not CFHQ release an official statement to clear the matter up? Paying for Robb Wolf and getting Barry Sears is a real problem for many in the Crossfit Community.
Glad I got a refund...def. don't need a cheerleading session about the zone
BTW I have no problem with CFHQ hiring Barry Sears to be the Nutrition Guru, but I do think they need to make a public announcement and publicly offer money back w/o any questions to those who do not want to pay to see Sears. That would be the honest and fair thing to do. It is the pretending nothing happen last weekend by CFHQ that troubles many of us in this community. It is the firing of Robb Wolf with no justification that troubles many of us in this community. It is the reported unprofessional behavior of Dave Castro that troubles many of us in this community. If CFHQ would make a public statement with the offer of refunds w/o question that would help many understand CFHQ cares about this community and not just about profits.

Botototo
Staff Sergeant

Post by Botototo »

David Wood leaving the CF moderator team was like the last therapist walking out of the asylum.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Brandon Oto wrote:David Wood leaving the CF moderator team was like the last therapist walking out of the asylum.
When did this happen? Link?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Wood was a legitimately good guy. He was the last voice of reason on the CF forum and didn't act like he was a member of some secret police squad stamping out dissidents.

The moderators really don't like the posters, you can see that via the leaked screenshots Mounce posted a while back. I mean, come on, these are the people who line couches pockets with affiliate, XFJ, and cert money.

I'm sure couch and Castro, and little pass-around Nicole are all thinking it's going to just ride out and be forgotten.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

+1 for David Wood. He was a good guy trying to get in better shape. He exhibited restraint and common sense. It's a wonder he wasn't sacked years ago.

Unlike the rest of the @F mods:
poster87386883.jpg
poster87386883.jpg (122.61 KiB) Viewed 9183 times
Last edited by Gin Master on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Gin Master wrote:+1 for David Wood. He was a good guy trying to get in better shape. He exhibited restraint and common sense. It's a wonder he wasn't sacked years ago.

Unlike the rest of the @F mods:
Since sack is another name for sherry or fortified wine, that's especially true.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Eric B wrote:Allison NYC = Ill Canyons.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Wood was a legitimately good guy. He was the last voice of reason on the CF forum and didn't act like he was a member of some secret police squad stamping out dissidents.

The moderators really don't like the posters, you can see that via the leaked screenshots Mounce posted a while back. I mean, come on, these are the people who line couches pockets with affiliate, XFJ, and cert money.

I'm sure couch and Castro, and little pass-around Nicole are all thinking it's going to just ride out and be forgotten.
For new fans of the couch thread:

viewtopic.php?t=5075&p=367750#p367750
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

chi

Post by chi »

Anon wrote:
For new fans of the couch thread:

viewtopic.php?t=5075&p=367750#p367750
link added to the Crossfit facebook group, admittedly it "only" has 24,750 members but surely the sites admins can't be as intolerant as the .com forums.
I'd say on the bottom of that self-actualisation pyramid shit, proper decent coffee is in there with wifi, tits, food and shelter

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Here's a download link to the leaked screenshots

http://rapidshare.com/files/314830338/C ... s.doc.html

Note that both Kelly Moore and Lynne Pitts have attitudes towards the normal members of CF.com forums.

Igx is mentioned several places. BOTO is absolutely smashed. HAHHAHAHHA.

The early allusion to couch calling Nate Morrison a fat bus driver is here, too.

The big messages to Even Esh are worth reading for their lulz.

Anon

Post by Anon »

In there somewhere they explain the "Moderater must approve" check box related to an individual's account settings.

Apparently when you are identified as an IGXer or "shit-stirrer" your account is either banned, deleted, shut down or flagged with the "Moderator must approve" as is the case with Ed Zachery.

Even more evil than deleting posts, banning, etc. your account just looks abandon, by you, as opposed to your voice being silenced at the whim of the moderators.

MUST PROTECT THE BRAND

Crossfit is a lie!

:rolleyes:
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Couch has freely given so much of himself so that we might enjoy elite fitness and the Cultfit community. And this is how we repay him???

Shame, gentlemen.

Shame.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I'm finally caught up on this soap opera. Oh, thanks for the mention, Dr. Freud. I feel kinda popular now.

Dr Freud wrote:As requested, video of Mister and Missus Gl@man

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5736209/

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Brandon Oto wrote:David Wood leaving the CF moderator team was like the last therapist walking out of the asylum.
That leaves us with LynnE as Nurse Ratched.