The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The couch thread

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Croatoa wrote:I'm trying to remember where I first heard about Dan John. I think it was Sherdog actually. Someone posted a link to that "One Dumbell" workout article that Dan wrote.
Old School Strength Board on the web1.0 InsideTheWeb BBS.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

Danny John wrote:Hopefully, he will take advantage of my offer.
What's your offer? Not seeing it.

Guiseppie
Sarge

Post by Guiseppie »

JohnnyBadAss wrote:
Danny John wrote:Hopefully, he will take advantage of my offer.
What's your offer? Not seeing it.
I think comments are being moderated now. I imagine Robb is currently sifting through a ton of hate for Rick :finga:

fatbastard
Corporal

Post by fatbastard »

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Uh-huh.

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

Robb moderates all comments all the time.

Sofa King

Post by Sofa King »

I always loved the line "Who ever heard of you before @fit." Dan will tell you (if I remember his account to me correctly) that he was asked to come in and present at a cert; he was paid nothing for his time; and @fit continued to use his image and name constantly afterward in a grab for respectability. See, as we all know, Dan has education and credibility that can be verified. Can't say that for many others in the @fit fold, including the cooch.

My favorite memory of all this was after I posted a comment on the WOD comments about a picture of Eva T. adjusting Dan's OHS (this was after the DJ/Twight/cooch meltdown). I said, "I have often dreamed of Eva adjusting my squat. Dan John was not in them." I then said something about missing Dan's input. That led to a phone conversation with the GWF himself in which he said to me, "Dan John has no squat." He also said that @fit had to stop Dan from presenting because all he brought was "humor and little else." I shared all of this with Dan.

I knew then that @fit was destined for great things. It's good to see I was right. The destruction will be carried live via the intrawebz.
WGM wrote:Fall off a chinup bar, drop a barbell on your head, or piss yourself at the bottom of a squat and the Internet will never forget you.

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

I think it was "off" to think that I arose somehow from the good graces of teaching several people with 85 pound snatches to 145 in an hour. I'm in the "Bigger Faster Stronger" videos (esp the "Power Clean") and I had some fame as a discus thrower. I gave him my email to write me and offered my telephone number. I honestly would love to see the forum posters come to my gym and one up my athletes. Most of them have no clue about how strong a Varsity football player can be...

Danny John
Gunny

Post by Danny John »

The "no squat" story is still funny. Long before I was taught the right way to air squat, I managed to lift in some O meets...

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Sofa King wrote: I then said something about missing Dan's input. That led to a phone conversation with the GWF himself in which he said to me, "Dan John has no squat."

As opposed to Couch, who's squat is ... HEY LOOK OVER THERE!!!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

The saddest thing about this is that we can't accuse couch of being a manfucker, since he's obviously a pussy addict.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The saddest thing about this is that we can't accuse couch of being a manfucker, since he's obviously a pussy addict.
It wouldn't be as fun if he was. As it were, Couch has a truckload of money, an adoring cult, and line of willing beaver from here to the Pacific. That is a man you can hate.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

goddamit shaf, post video of couch's wod: for time across the broad's modal domains
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Lauren G. is the motherfucking TITTAYZ MONSTA but I guess she's getting a little long in the tooth, eh?

Fuck it...I'd film a MILF Hunter episode with her, fo' sho'.

CultBuster
Staff Sergeant

Post by CultBuster »

Aimee Anaya is ready to get off the phone, irongarmx, various blogs, and LIFT some weight! about an hour ago via Facebook for iPhone · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)
from Facebook!

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Karma is a bitch, eh @FHQ? :hlp:;K :takitass: :axe: :ANAL:

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

CultBuster wrote:
Aimee Anaya is ready to get off the phone, irongarmx, various blogs, and LIFT some weight! about an hour ago via Facebook for iPhone · Comment ·LikeUnlike · View Feedback (2)Hide Feedback (2)
from Facebook!
47 guests right now...haha. :finga: :finga:

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I really hope @fit implodes. [-o< [-o< [-o<
I'm so tired of thier self serving holier than thou attitude. And the world would be better off with fewer douchebags. Hi Couch :finga:
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

JohnnyBadAss
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnnyBadAss »

tough old man wrote:I really hope @fit implodes. [-o< [-o< [-o<
I'm so tired of thier self serving holier than thou attitude. And the world would be better off with fewer douchebags. Hi Couch :finga:
Alas, he'll remain a douchebag regardless.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

To all the douchefit lurkers :JRJHK: Image
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The saddest thing about this is that we can't accuse couch of being a manfucker, since he's obviously a pussy addict.
I consider that a redeeming characteristic. Holla.

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Lauren G. is the motherfucking TITTAYZ MONSTA but I guess she's getting a little long in the tooth, eh?

A man likes what he likes, but you need to try new things. Ribeye steak is awesome. But if you eat it for three meals a day, every day eventually you're gonna want to try some other steak, like filet mignon or even sirloin tip for a change.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

My good deed for the day, to any lurkers who need help:
http://www.rickross.com/help.html
Here you will find information that can help you analyze and/or respond to a specific situation that may involve a destructive cult, group or leader.

Define that situation more clearly by looking over "Warning Signs" and see if you really have reasons to be concerned. Remember, your concerns may be only a misunderstanding, so be patient and remain calm.

If you are considering an intervention, but curious about what that may involve you can review related questions and answers under "Intervention". Here you will find answers to questions such as; how much does an intervention cost? how long does it take? What are the likely results? Rick Ross answers those questions clearly and offers insights about the intervention process. He also has published ethical standards that govern his professional work.

If you require expert assistance in a legal matter such as child custody, divorce or personal injury that revolves around a situation concerning destructive cults or radical groups, read about Rick Ross' work as a qualified and accepted expert witness. Here you will see an article about a specific trial and citations from other court cases in which he has testified. If you want to retain Rick Ross as an expert in a court case you can make initial contact and offer a brief outline of your situation through email. You can also make contact by fax, regular mail or call at the phone number provided at the bottom of this page.

If you feel further legal action is warranted, due to personal injury that may be physical or psychological, The Rick A. Ross Institute can help guide you through the intricacies of the legal court system. Asserting your individual rights through civil action, empowers you to; help regain lost self-esteem as well as possible financial compensation for your losses. By simply completing the "legal assistance Questionnaire", your situation and concerns will be reviewed, free of charge.

If you decide upon an intervention and wish to hire Rick Ross you can begin the process by completing an "Intake Questionnaire" which can be filled out on line and emailed for your convienence. This offers background on your situation with the related information necessary to begin working toward an intervention. References concerning Rick Ross' intervention work and expertise are available here for your review.

Families and friends of cult members often struggle when responding to cult involvement and the subsequent problems this may pose. Coping with a cult situation can be very difficult. At Coping Strategies you will find helpful guidelines and suggestions to assist you. Additional information is also available about the process of recovery, after breaking free from undue influence and an excellent supplemental reading list.
Step away from the Kool-Aid... :drinkers:

Anon

Post by Anon »

I suspect most of the lurkers are still below even page 200 of the couch thread, it will be a while before they add anything to the conversation, if they are capable of adding anything. Come to think of it, it would be nice to have some testimonials of @ssfitters who we have helped step back and see that even though teh cooch says it ain't a cult, that well, he is only right most of the time (speaking as a k-drinker). It does seem that the couch thread is recovering from a lengthy malaise in a big way, rock on :isdashit: !
"Anonymous. Because none of us are as cruel as all of us."

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

this might be a good moment to go all npr on folks and stop providing free content and raise funds for igx, a mouthy and ignoble cause.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Lauren G. is the motherfucking TITTAYZ MONSTA but I guess she's getting a little long in the tooth, eh?

"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Croatoa

Post by Croatoa »

Couch is going to sue every one of you fuckers for shit talking.