Finding the Time to Beat My Stick

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Finding the Time to Beat My Stick

Post by Pinky » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:47 am

6/27
During the past week, I ran a little, did a achyball work, and did weighted push-ups and pull-ups without logging anything.

Today, jujitsu, 12-2. The class focused on throws, starting the practice of each formally, and eventually moving on to dealing with punches and knives.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:07 pm

6/28
1.5 minutes on the heavy bag, 30 seconds of rest. 5 times.
DL: 3x(185, 225, 205). All of my DLing at this point is done with 25 lb plates.
KB C&P: 3 x 4/4 x 24 kg.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm

7/1
Yesterday morning I practiced Kanku dai for about 15 minutes.

Today, I put on a 20-lbs vest and did Kanku dai slowly for 10 minutes.
Then I did 1 minute of jumping rope, followed by 1 minute of Tekki shodan, 5 times.
I finished with 3 times the following circuit:
10 Hindu push-ups;
5 chin-ups;
3x185 DL.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:56 pm

7/5
Yesterday, I practiced Kanku dai for 10 minutes while wearing a weight vest. Then I was interrupted before I could do much else.

Today, warmed up my ankles with the pink Andyband.
Practiced movement for 5 minutes with the Andyband tied to my waist.
5 times: 1.5 minutes of combinations on the heavy bag, followed by 30 seconds of rest.
DL: 3 x (185, 225, 205).
Then I cooled down by playing with a homemade club and doing some wrist exercises with a JS band.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm

7/6
15 minute run at lunch, followed by
C&P: 3 x 4/4 x 24 kg.