TRAINING: ARMATURA, STRENGTH & CONDITIONING and THE AGOGE!

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

TRAINING: ARMATURA, STRENGTH & CONDITIONING and THE AGOGE!

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 am

Dylan Thomas
5'11" 197#s 36 years old
THIS LOG is about my martial arts training of Combat/Aiki Jujutsu (4th Dan under David Lamond and the late Jim Tirey), Filipino/Indoneasian martial arts (Crosstraing student of Dave Wink) with a mix of Combatives, Boxing, prior training in other Asian arts and experimentation of unarmed and armed combative methods.

Next it is about my Strength and Conditioning training, I am a Kettlebell Instructor (RKC in 03), Certified Natural Trainer Level 1 (Monkey Bar Gym) and a Personal trainer (I make my living doing this primarily) in Northern Va.

I uses Kettlebells, Bodyweight and Bodyweight assist tools, Yoga, Barbells, dumb bells, med balls, Rucksacks, running, machines and MA drills to accomplish this for myself and clients.

Among those who have directly taught me or influenced me in this are my Mother (She owned a gym in the 80s) and Step father (He was my first MA insructor), Jim Tirey (Tought me about Rucking and combative fitness from his perspective as a SF Soldier.), Mike Mahler (More than just Kettlebells, I owe Mike alot) Steve Maxwell, Jon Hinds (I got my CNT from him and a major pardigm shift) Tom Furman and things the Ancient Greeks and Romans used to do. (Yeah I am a Histroy Junkie)

Lastly this is about my training partners and students ( Crom, Lord Stumph, Gimli Von Ram Man, Jager, Dr. Dan, Yogamama, the kids in The Agoge ect, ect) who give me a mirror to myself and I would be nothing without, so they get mentioned alot in this log.

I am not the strongest or most conditioned guy here, nor the best martial artist, but I am one well rounded guy (or I try to be) and maybe something I am doing might intrest you.
I have learned alot from some of the people here to be sure

Feel free to comment or give advice, I am hear to learn and to help.

SHUGYO!

Dylan

Sunday-
I took both boy's for a walk for 2 miles.
Dropped the 3 year old home with his mother, grabbed an ALICE pack, threw 36#s in it.
Took the big boy for a 5 mile walk.
I gave him the choice to take a shortcut that would have made it a 3 mile walk or to do the long way and I would get him a Bear Gryllls' DVD for being tough like Bear.
He took the long way so he could get a whole season of Bear, made me proud.

Did some Yoga for 15 minutes.

Monday-AM: Took a 1 hour Yoga class.

PM: Had to bin Jujutsu because I had to take care of my kids. At least they had a nice night watching Bear and hanging with Dad.

Tuesady- EPM: Yoga 15 minutes.
Circuit Swings, 53-88#KBs, Power Wheel walks for 75 feet and 90 degree Jungle Gym Rows, altrernating one leg. 5 rounds.
Shoulder moves w/5# DB till it burnt.
15 minutes Yoga.

PM- Called home from work to say I'd be late because I had to do some work, got an attitude so fuck her, I'll train. (Get rid of some anger!)
-Freemotion Chest presses and Free motion standing rows Super slow with static hols and HATE! 5 sets.
- Supine Bridges with Power wheel 1 slow set.
- 10 minutes Yoga, claming to a point.

Off to take a steam and a shower, read some Caeser and go to sleep.

DO YOU HATE YOURSELF ENOUGH!
Last edited by DARTH on Fri May 08, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Hate'n myself e'nuff for Globo Gym.

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:11 am

FridayPM

I did about 45 minutes of Yoga while cranking Tom Waites, mixed in what I call 60 degree jungle gym Thia knee rows.

Saturday-

12-2PM Jujutsu: 3 Blue belts and 1 Yellow tested today.

Our own Iron Dog did great, he is now a 5th (Yellow) and is on his way to an eventual Shodan one day. He did alot better than I expected and confirmend my faith in him.

The other 2 blues did great as werll.

Our Yellow, Q did awesome!

3:20-4PM work out

Snacth, Split Squat and Windmills 5 rounds.
Power Wheel and 1 arm 60 degree Jungle gym rows 2 rounds, then 5 minutes of Yoga.
Steam and shower

4:30-5pm Full Body message.

Sunday: I did about 10 miles all told with appx. 40-45#s in my ruck on easy terrain, part of it at the Wildlife sanctuary near my home.
Saw 4 deer run about 50 feet in front of me after only being there for 5 minutes and I also saw our resident bald eagle.

Then I drank wine with Gimli.

Monday- Jujutsu skipped for personal reasons.

Tuesday PM

LC CnJs and 60 degree Rows for 6 rounds, racked the weights on every plate loaded machine in the gym, then did 10 minutes of Yoga.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:08 pm

Weds 9am

10 minute stretch.

Circuit
Dead lifts, Power push ups and 90 degree rows for 30 minutes.
handwalk 75 feet with Power wheel and 15 Hanging leg lifts then a perspective client wanted to talk so I binned the rest of the workout.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 am

Fri- 5-7pm

I did a Prehab circuit with Crom

One leg crossover KBDLs, Power push ups, and 60 degree one arm rows witht the Jungle Gym for about 30 minutes then he led me through double stick drills.

Crom is getting to go up and train with WInk & Crew regularly, I am not. He is getting pretty good at Pekiti Tarsia/Silat and it's nice to let him teach me.

Through much of our tie together, my previous MA exp. and being about 7-8 years older has kind of put me in the lead or big brother role and this is good that he is now crosstraining in another art and taking the lead role in this aspect of our training.

I tend to take over or lead alot as soon as I see that no one has a plan or dominate personality, always have unless I felt someone was more learned or better at something, it's my nature but one must let go and let someone else run the ball, especially when it's someone you trust and respect.

Sat afternoon - Put roughly 35-40 #s in my ruck and did about 2.5 hours through the burbs, the park and in the woods near my house, found a damn near perfect walking stick.

Grilled a Hell of a good medium rare steak for the family.

Sunday- Got up early for Crom's Training Circle in the park.
Crom, Lord Stumph and myself did about 1.5 hours of stickwork.
20 minutes later I loaded my ruck and took Liam out for 2 hours.
We hiked throug the woods, the burbs and the Marina.
I taught him how to use a walking stick and some stuff about walking through the woods and the marshes. Goin to have to get the boy some good boots and gear so we can get into thicker shit.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Monday - Get paid to work out HaHaHa!
8-8:10am Double Stick Drills
8:11-8:15 Rack every plate loaded machine on the floor.
8:16-8:19 Stretch
8:20-8:45 Circuit- Nothing too hard, Rucked and what not, no days off since Thursday and we are doing an hour of Boxing training durring our 2 hour Jujutsu class tonight.
I want to train hard Tuesday or Weds butt early before any off days. Will see how the system feels tomorrow.
The circuit
1. Push ups w/ Power push up 5-10 reps a set
2. Pull ups 4-8 reps a set
3. Russian Mil Press w/ 53#KB Ladder by 2's
4. 1 Arm 90 degree row w/ Jungle Gym 8-10 reps a sde per set.

8:46-9am- Double stick drills

Going to work in lots of smalll mini Pekiti Tarsia practices.
When my little girl comes I might knock JJ down to 1-2 times a week, maybe even skip a week or 2 for about 2 months. Durring that time I will be doing alot more solo practice on Pekiti Tarsia/Silat, along with working with Crom on Sunday mornings and shooting the shit out of my new TACTICLE BB pistol.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Monday 8:15 - 10:15pm Jujutsu + Class

We stretched out for almost 20 minutes while Gimli Von Ramman prepared the room.

We are having Gimli do another 6 weeks of Boxing for the skreet course, basically doing an hour or more of boxing training durring Monday's class for about 6 weeks.

The main purpose of this is to make our students more intuned to how a striker moves and thinks so we can better enter and take him out. A few of our guys have zero striking background and so in class throw stupid "Haymaker" or wannnabe Karate punches while working as Uke on puinch defense training. This cheats nage out of a realistic attack from which to train against, setting up a false confedence. We also get better at entering on a striker as all the Jujutsu in the World is useless if you get your face caved in or knocked out.

On top of all this, it teaches them some usefull striking for their own arsenal as well, Gimli teaches street versions of the punches, to have less chance of breaking ones hands, later I will be adding in some previous strikes from other arts and CQC, adding some knees , elbows and simple kicks as well as opening up on more Jujutsu Atemi waza.

As an added bonus, those who perticipate will up their conditioning as this was a killer workout (I have no want to train a single fucking thing today above the 3 clients I have tonight.) especially added to the last 5 days of training.

Things we worked- Shadow boxing, doing combos of Jab, cross, hooks.
Focus mitt work, Gimli would grab one of us out each round to work Combos and movment.
Useing a rope for slipping punches, uppercuts and grabbing.
Working on useing punches to set up clinches/locks/throws.
Working on slipping punches into a tie up clinch to set up locks, strikes and throws.

We went over the planned hour, but so what? I get to teach enough as it is and I was enjoying myself and was re awakening old skills.

I ended class with about 15 minutes of Yoga.

Shugyo!

* Note to self - Friday's MA workout : I want to work on Stick work for a 3rd, Striking for a 3rd and Throws into finishes/Submissions for a 3rd of the practice time. Next Monday I will start with some grappling before the Boxing and some standing Joint locks after to keep the skills up.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:05 am

Good stuff brother.
Bruno is in town.. I'll be covering some Raja Sterlak Silat with him to add to my mix..
I get Cimande and Serak from Santiago.
Plenty of Mustika Kwitang from Harold Koning.
I need to calm down my life this year. Marcelo Garcia and his crew are not far from me... (8 miles)
My personal expression of Silat (Western Minds/Eastern Promises) is open ended with Boxing and Thai in the standup,, and BJJ in my future on the ground...
Luckily I have the best of the best in Silat with Guru Ipin ( the REAL Yoda!) of England coming over sometime,, and Tristan Sutrisno ( The Incredible Warrior) due to hit South Florida as well. Plus my extended family of Giants with Bruno and Harold.

I hope I can get up to train with your crew and Guru Wink.. I'm interested in his weapon skillz and his breakdown of Eddie Jafri's stuff.. Start communicating your Small Circle technology in your journal.

--Tom
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:16 pm

TomFurman wrote:Good stuff brother.
Bruno is in town.. I'll be covering some Raja Sterlak Silat with him to add to my mix..
I get Cimande and Serak from Santiago.
Plenty of Mustika Kwitang from Harold Koning.
I need to calm down my life this year. Marcelo Garcia and his crew are not far from me... (8 miles)
My personal expression of Silat (Western Minds/Eastern Promises) is open ended with Boxing and Thai in the standup,, and BJJ in my future on the ground...
Luckily I have the best of the best in Silat with Guru Ipin ( the REAL Yoda!) of England coming over sometime,, and Tristan Sutrisno ( The Incredible Warrior) due to hit South Florida as well. Plus my extended family of Giants with Bruno and Harold.

I hope I can get up to train with your crew and Guru Wink.. I'm interested in his weapon skillz and his breakdown of Eddie Jafri's stuff.. Start communicating your Small Circle technology in your journal.

--Tom
Man, you and Dave would love each other, in a beating each other with sticks way, ugh, I mean in a manly Full Contact stick and knife way. Oh shit that did'nt sound good either. #-o

I got a whole 2 hours of sleep last night, got up at 4:20am, trained a client from 5-6am, went home, got the boys up and then Dad came over and we all went to the national Zoo.

I put the 3,1/2 year old in the Kellty Kiddie Carrier, AKA the Brat Ruck and for 3.5 hours he spent only 20 minutes total on his own feet, so I might have bitched out of a workout but I did do about 3.1 hours of rucking the Zoo.

If I dont work out tomorrow (Not counting Jujutsu class) I want you all to abuse me I.G.X style.

judobrian

Post by judobrian » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:08 pm

That Kelty Kid Ruck is no joke, man. Time to plan a cert.
Rain don't change the sun...

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:25 pm

Haha, Kid Rucking tm, Progress as your children grow, the natural way.

Quick workout to avoid feeling like a bitch.

Circuit: Double Snatch, Push ups wit Power push up and 90degree rows with Jungle gym for 15 minutes.

LC CnJs 5 sets of 5.

Not feeling weak but not feeling strong, still a little tired but feel better now after doing the above.

JJ class tonight, KBs and weights Friday am, Pekiti Tarsia, Boxing, JJ mix in the late afternoon.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Friday 5-7PM MA Practice

45 minutes of Pekiti Tarsia.
Stick drills, footwork, entry drills, ect.

Boxing into Jujutsu did entry drills, offensive and counter offensive using punches (and kicks, knees and elbows in my case=) to get into a clinch or on the cold side to set up throws, chokes, locks and knock outs.

Great conditioning!

Sat 10:15-11:30am

A- Double Snatches 6 sets in 10 minutes 36s,44s, and 53s for speed and power.

B- One Leg CODLs 53,70.
Split Squat 2-44s, 53s and 70s
Windmill 2handed 44s,53s, and 62s

C 1.Power wheel hand walk 1 trip up, 1 trip back
2 90 rows with Jungle Gym, throwing in high knee strikes.

This took longer than planned because I wanted to give Gimli some finer points .

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:06 am

Sunday 9:20-10:20am

Crom and I met in a local park to work on some Pikiti Tarsia.

We worked on footwork, double stick and single stick forms, then we did Humiliation drills Entry drills wearing a Fencing mask and being smacked upside the head with a stick when you blow the entry.

I ran into an old friend when I was there, the Soccer coach I used to train the Youth's with, we are going to get something going.

The rest of the day's plans got fucked, oh well.

11PM-11:50 PM- I covered 3 miles exactly wearing an LBE and an SF Assult ruck with a load of appx. 50#s.

Monday- Woke up with sinus problems, a splitting headach. Cancelled my morning work and slept to about 4pm. I should have used my sinus clenser last night before bed as the ruck march and the day outside probably expoussed me to alot of pollen and shit.

About to start JJ class, going to teach about 15-20 minutes then hand it over to Gimli for some SKREET BOXING!.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Monday 8:15-10:15PM Jujutsu + class.

After individual warm ups, the class and I worked slow, controlled, touch contact, controlled fighting for 15 minutes, getting to use things like knee stomps, head buts, neck breaks, eye gouges and other stuff thart gets people hurt at speed before the Skreet Boxing begain.

8:50-9:50 PM Gimli led the crew in Boxing work.

He did everything in 3 minute rounds with 1 minutes rest.

We started with shadow boxing Jab, cross, Hook and likewise combos in the mirrow, progresse with distance sparring for movement, then rope drills, 3 Duck and slip to uppercut, 3 duck and slip to parry and grab and so on for the round.
He then taught the shovel hook, had us all do it in the mirror for a raound and then he would call us up and work it on the sheild while the others worked it in the mirror.
Your's truly got to do it for a full round booth times, THX Gimli!

Next we worked in a combat line on entering on a puncher using Boxing into Jujutsu.

We finished with 2 of us getting in infighting range and working inside Boxing with strict order for NO JUJUTSU (and no kicks, knees, elbows or headbutts in my case, old habits and all) so we could work the strict boxing approach. Lord stupmph and I did this for a round and then Lord Stumph did this with Caser's Mule Tender.

For the last part of class I taught the Backleg droping roundhouse kick to the knee to fold or damage the limb and I had them work it on the sheild.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Tuesday 3-4PM Workout

Double stick drill up and down the floor 1 time to warm up.

10 minutes of Yoga stretches.

A1- Deadlifts 185 x 5, 205 x 4, 275 x 3, 295 x 2, 315 x 1.

A2- Push ups w/ Power push up 1 band x 10, 12, 12, 10, 10.

B1- Clean and Push Press 2-53s x 5, 2-70s x 1, 1, 3, 1 > 2-53s x 5.

B2 Pull ups, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

C1 Power wheel hand walk x 1 time up the foor, 1 x time back.

C2 60 degree row x 16, 20.

I was not very strong today but it was still a good workout, probably contributed to my overall caloritic burn (after Sundays and Monday's workouts) and I did not feel drained.

I teach my first kid's MA class since I was 15 years old tonight.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri May 01, 2009 4:30 pm

TUESDAY 6:30-7:30pm
My first class of the LITTLE WARRIORS MARTIAL ARTS CLUB tm went real well, I had 10 kids including my oldest, between the ages of 5 and 8 and I actually got them to do real stuff and not have to play games.

After laying down 2 main ground rules (1. Sensei is allways right, listen to Sensei.
2. Be good to each other, you are all a team you will help each other and look out for each other's safety. 3. If I have to tell you to be good 3 times, you go out of the class for the night.) we got to Bowing, standing at attention, ready position, Horse stance, basic Jujutsu high block, Palm strike, Front stance into high block and the same with a palm strike. Then we worked knee strikes. We also hit the kicking sheild with the palms and the knees.

We did the Trooper Tirey's "I don't want no trouble." ready position and used it in a "Hey kid give me your milk money!" game where they would adopt the position of one leg forward, both both feet towards the enemy, hand out, palms forward but with a little bend (Think subtle Thai Boxing stance) where they would say "I dont want no trouble, leave me alone." and then I would swing at them easy, they wouldblock, palms strike and knee me in the gut.

Kids love hitting adults.

I lectured them on never useing this stuff unless they are attacked (and how if I hear of them missusing this they are out.) and gave them a little Histroy lesson before dismissing the class.

Oh and they all knew their right from their left at the end.

WEDS. Rest

THURSDAY
4:45-5:45pm Put the 3, 1/2 year old in the Kelty Kid Ruck and wore my LBE, put a small pack with water, umbrella and his rubber knife ("Cause Bear has a knife like your Dad.") on Liam and we did a hike around my area, hitting every hill we could and went down to the river to throw rocks.
When I got home the grill was fired up and I drank a Newcastle while I grilled some steaks.

7:45-9:45 JUJUTSU CLASS

I just helped teach, did not do much.

Shugyo!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Fri May 01, 2009 11:46 pm

DARTH wrote:LITTLE WARRIORS MARTIAL ARTS CLUB
Call it the Agoge. Parents these days won't even get it enough to be offended. How's everything going with your familial harmony?
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am

Fat Cat wrote:
DARTH wrote:LITTLE WARRIORS MARTIAL ARTS CLUB
Call it the Agoge. Parents these days won't even get it enough to be offended. How's everything going with your familial harmony?
I actually jokeingly refer to it as the Agoge or Armatura Jr. to my friends.

As for the home front, holding steady one day at a time.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Friday-4:30-9pm

We did a community fair at a local HS and I brought some KBs , my Power wheeel, Power push ups and Jungle gym and did little demos and lessons the whole time , plus the load up and load out of my and others equipment.

Saturday - 10:30- 12PM I did another community thing, a Firness Fair at a local ES, so I did a yhalf hour lesson/demo for a bunch of kids.

12:-2pm Jujutsu class- The first hour of class, I broke off and taught one of our guy's sons (who is a Judoka) some basic strikes as per my Agoge class, I also beet on Lord Stumph for the veiwing of a perspective student.

Sunday- I't was a shitty rainy day in NoVa, I also have a little issue with my left calf that has went from a little nag to a bigger nag so no Ruck O rama today.
Liam and I went to the Mall and we spent about 3 hours on our feet.
I spent about in hour in the back yard training with my semi auto BB gun, aimed fire, point shooting, close quarter draw and shoot and a little bit of plinking.

Today- A little tired and my schedual got crimmped so I did not get in the light Yoga/KB session I was going to do. We have 1 hour Skreet Boxing in our JJ class tonight, my calf might make me hold back a little or at least move flat footed but I intend to do what I can as hard as I can..

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 pm

Monday 8:15-10:15pm Jujutsu + class

After solo stretchiong and warm up, we engaged in a little half speed , quarter power Pankratian style training, feet, hands, knees, elbows , heads, joint locks, throws, gouges whatever and to whatever target for 20 minutes.

Then Gimli led us through some Skreet Boxing.
We shadow boxed, worked on stepping on the oponents foot, Hook into elbow strike, did rope drills, focus mits and then some close in sparring, great shit!

Tuesday 11:30AM-12:15PM Workout.

Yoga for 15 minutes
Clean and Push presses w/2-53s and 90 degree Jungle Gym rows for 15 minutes, then 15 minutes of Yoga and Foam rolling.

Then I went to see Wolverine, fucking cool! :supz:

Getting ready for the Agoge. :finga:

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed May 06, 2009 12:22 am

6:30-7:30PM DARTH'S AGOGE!

I had a great time, you can actually teach kids without turing it into a complete bullshit TKD class.
Went back over Jujutsu high block, palm strikes and knee strikes.
They hit the padded walls and the kicking sheilds.

We ended by playing a game.

I took 2 kids at a time, put a small hitting sheild in eaches left hand, had them put their left foot on the line and had them push and ram each other till one's foot went out of bounds.
I let them go with very little coaching and I have a couple who allready try to roll off and uses subtle weight shifts to defeat raw force. This will serve them when I teach them sidestepping, flaanking and basic throws as they progress from the mostly striking based stuff.

I've been approached to start a class for older kids, 9-13 year olds. This will be more of a Jujutsu class with strikes mixed in. If this happens, Liam will be thrown into it early, say 7,1/2 or 8.

Phillip did'nt let Alexander get cut any slack.=)

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: TRAINING: ARMATURA, STRENGTH & CONDITIONING and THE AGOGE!

Post by DARTH » Wed May 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Weds 9:40-11am

S&C

Joint Mobility 10 minutes.

Circuit A- 5 sets of the following.

1. 1 Leg Crossover KB Dead lifts 62 and 70# KBs xd 5-8 reps a side.
2. Split Squats w/ 2-44 and 53#KBs x 8 reps a side.
3. Windmills (Extra slow tempo) w/ 36 and 53# KB x 3-5 reps a side.

Circuit B- 3 sets of the following

1. Hand walks w/ Power wheel up the length of the gym floor (about 75-80 feet)
2. 60 degree rows w/ Jungle gym x 16-20 reps

Then Jager and I racked every weight plate on every barbell and machine the Mungaloids left out in the gym. It amazwes me that fuckers who can leg press 6 wheels a side cant put their fucking shit back. Oh well it gives me a little extra volume.

Then we finished with 15 minutes of Yoga and then I foam rolled my calf for 10 minutes.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Fri May 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Thursday 7:45-9PM

We worked on various Nikyu from wrist grabs.
I left early to clean up and go to sleep for my 4am wake up this morning.

6:45-8am Workout

Stick drills 10 minutes

Joint Mobility and Yoga prep 10 minutes.

For the main workout I blended KBs with Yoga, swings (53 and 70#KB) and sun salutations into chair pose, Alternating clean and Push press (70#KB) with Warrior, Triangle and Balance poses. About 20 minutes.

I did push ups with the Power push up, 2 red bands x 3 > 5 bodyweight then 90 degree rows x 10-15 with the Jungle gym.

I did Clean and Alternating Russian Military presses (53#KB) for 3 minutes, then 60 degree rows x 30 reps.

Finished with more Yoga till 8am.

Back to work.

After a private SD client, the Boys and I are going to mix some stick with some ZSkreet boxing and some Jujuts if Crom and Gimli can make it, if not I'll do something along those lines with Lord Stumph and Jager.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Mon May 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Friday 5-6:45pm - The Gathering

We started with Crom leading us through stick strikes and then we worked on entry drills from horizontal stick attacks.

Then we worked on knife passing drills.

Next we put on our sparring gear, headgear, elbows, knees, MMA gloves, cups and mouthpeices and engaged in some medium contact sparring.

Crom and I went a lttile hard on each other, he because he is big and hits hard by nature, me because he is big and hits hard by nature. I have to watch his reach and ability to still hit hard from odd positions.
Good workout.

Saturday 12-2pm Jujutsu class-
Sensei held a class on club attacks, horizontal and overhead.

Sunday- Stuffed myself like a pig atthe Mother- In- Law's, she made Filet Menion, Corn on the cobb, mixed veggies, mashed tatters, fruit salad, sundaes and coffee.
I ate all the above, plus half of Liam's steak and half of another.
I felt like I was going to burst for hours afterwards.

Today and tonight, S&C and Skreet Boxing.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Monday 12:30 - 1:100 PM Workout

A1. Dead Lifts 205 x 5, 225 x 3, 245 x 3, 295 x 3, 315 x 2.

A2. Double KB MPs 2-44s x 10, 2-53s x 6, 8, 10, 8.

B. Pull ups 2,4,6. 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,1. 1,2,1.

Yoga stretches.

MONDAY 8:15 - 10:15 PM JUJUTSU CLASS

After we did a long warm up we got right to Gimli Von Ram Man's Skreet Boxing class.
We started with working combos in the mirror for a round.
Then we worked on stomping the other guys foot for 2 rounds.
Then we worked on pile driver drills ( forcing the guy down and landing on him with a knee or an elbow).
For 2 rounds we worked on over shooting a hook into a headbut.
We finished with 1 guy shadow boxing, 2 working together on al of the afore mentioned drills and one guy doing the mitts with Gimli. Each man got 1 round on each.

I took back over and went over some finer points about head butting, then we all worked light contact from the clinch, doing all the dirty stuff followed by some light back and forth light sparring from kicking range.

I flamed up my injured calf about 3 times last night, spent most of the night doing the ice- heat- message thing.

Shugyo!

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed May 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Tuesday 6:30-7:30pm THE AGOGE

The kidz went over the basic block, palm strikes and knees and then we added the front kick to the mix.

Then we did the sheild fight, every kid going through twice, I taught them some things about not directly resisting force but using the other guy's force against him.
I put my son in against kids bigger than him, Philip to Alexander style.

Lots of fun.

I shift the time to 6-7pm next week in anticipation of our Monday JJ class moving to Tuesdays @ 7:30-9:30 on June 2nd. Mondays at 8:15-10:15 is getting rough on us.