DREADER THAN DREAD

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: DREADER THAN DREAD

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:04 pm

"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

judobrian

Post by judobrian » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:52 am

Just to let you know, my kids are going ape over your sig gif.
Rain don't change the sun...

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:36 am

Nice, I made a kid laugh! Yay!
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:38 am

2009.10.23PM; late night working out...

1. Shoulder Bridge Press 2 x 8 @ 2 x 24 kg
2. Cheating Barbell Curl 2 x 8 @ 2 x 16 kg
3. Stiff Leg Deadlift 2 x 8 @ 2 x 32 kg
4. Cheating Standing Lateral Raise 2 x 8 @ 2 x 7 kg
5. Hack Squat 2 x 8 @ 16 kg
6. French Press 2 x 8 @ 16 kg
7. One Arm Bent Rows 2 x 8 @ 24 kg
8. Press 2 x 8 @ 2 x 24 kg
9. Leg Thrusts 2 x 8

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:32 pm

2009.10.24PM; jiujitsu...woke up, went to the office to do some school work, then hit the academy. Rolled submission wrestling for about five matches with a young and talented blue belt, but the size and experience deficit mean that he struggled with my kimuras, achilles lock, and headswitch. Even so, he hit some nice moves and wasn't doing anything really stupid.

After that I had a strange experience. I was watching this big blue belt that I train with N; and N was rolling with a visiting Korean white belt. N went for a omoplata and the Korean kid rolled through and came out on top. So when they were done, I offered to show N some options from the kimura entry. He says okay, and I thought nothing of it because I train this guy all the time. So I get down to show him, and he basically purposely disrupts the technique that I am trying to show him by throwing me off him since he was sweaty from rolling. It's rude but I dismiss it. I try to show him something again, and does the same thing with a smirk on his face. Then a third time but I anticipated it and went after him, smashed his face, and trapped him in a headswitch and toehold and yelled at him in front of everyone while he tapped like a blind man's cane. It was crucial because he was trying to punk me out in front of people, worse yet visitors, and I can't sit idle and allow that. When I got off him his face was bloody and everyone was quietly staring at me, but I then gave the guy a very loud lecture on manners. What an asshole.

After that I made him wrestle, and lose, three more matches before I split. I know I have a short temper, and usually regret things like this, but honestly I know I was right this time. Fuck that guy.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 pm

2009.10.25AM; went for a six mile hike in the morning light filtering through the trees, it was so beautiful it instantly lifted the week's stress from my shoulders. When I got home I was feeling so rejuvenated that I hauled out my brand spankin' new, pride of Shanxi barbell set and did the following workout. Since at last I have an adjustable barbell set, I am starting from scratch (yet again) with the Iron Man Barbell Course No. 1, two sets instead of three, to let me adjust to the bar.

1. Press 2 x 8 @ 95 lbs.
2. Curl 2 x 8 @ 55 lbs.
3. KB Floor Press 2 x 8 @ 2 x 54 lbs.
4. Bent Rows 2 x 8 @ 95 lbs.
5. Squats 2 x 8 @ 95 lbs.
6. Calf Raises 2 x 20 @ 95 lbs.
7. Leg Thrusts 2 x 8

Aloha!

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Fat Cat wrote:2So I get down to show him, and he basically purposely disrupts the technique that I am trying to show him by throwing me off him since he was sweaty from rolling. It's rude but I dismiss it. I try to show him something again, and does the same thing with a smirk on his face. Then a third time but I anticipated it and went after him, smashed his face, and trapped him in a headswitch and toehold and yelled at him in front of everyone while he tapped like a blind man's cane. It was crucial because he was trying to punk me out in front of people, worse yet visitors, and I can't sit idle and allow that.
Fats, is this an island thing? Not just your reaction, but the dude's initial douchebaggery. You've mentioned similar incidents in the past, and I have a very hard time imagining it happening at Carlson's or other BJJ schools I've been at. I could see a very new guy pulling something like this, but that's probably it. And I could see him getting sternly verbally corrected the first or second time it happened, but you guys seem to have non-isolated incidents where somebody got bloodied over insults.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

I don't know because I have never trained anywhere in the US except Hawaii. I have trained in Brazil and Europe, but that was a different story and I was the visitor. I think Hawaii people are more down to fight probably; big fish and small pond sort of thing.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Every Hawaiian I've been with friends with personally (not that many...I'm gonna guess with three dudes) was down as hell to fight at any second over just about anything.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 pm

I don't know what the deal is.
Attachments
Guhyasamaja_in_Yab-Yum.jpg
Guhyasamaja_in_Yab-Yum.jpg (90.51 KiB) Viewed 2691 times

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:28 am

2009.10.27PM; late night wrecking ball. Did baduanjin and taijiquan as part of my Health and Stress Management class, then had some sweet potato and a shot of whiskey for energy before this workout.

1. Two Arm Press 2 x 9 @ 95 lbs.
2. Two Arm Curl 2 x 9 @ 55 lbs.
3. Bench Press 2 x 9 @ 2 x 54 lbs.
4. Bent Rowing 2 x 9 @ 95 lbs.
5. Squat 2 x 9 @ 95 lbs.
6. Pullover 2 x 20 @ 15 lbs.
7. Calf Raise 2 x 20 95 lbs.
8. Leg Thrusts 2 x 9

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:17 am

2009.10.28PM; jiujitsu...taught class tonight. Spent an hour and a half working together on ways to overcome an opponents who want to stall the fight in a standing position by using grips to passively or actively hold off your takedowns.

We worked on ways to swim inside a stiff lapel grip and get a bodylock and trip; or how to wristlock an opponent that won't stop trying to fend you off with a collar grip.

I showed them Relson's bonelock when he graps high on the collar or epaulet like many Judo players like to. I don't believe the move is legal in Judo but it is in GJJ and I demonstrated it to them by paralyzing a 245 lbs. giant as soon as he laid a hand on me.

Finally we got to the substance of the class which was the two on one, or Russian tie: how to get it, how to take the back with it, what to do when you take the back or how to respond when he resists the initial attempt. I learned the two on one from Randy Couture himself, and it is my favorite, along with the front headlock. These two positions are the friend of the slow grappler like me. In short we covered the valley drop, the foot block, and Relson's street suplex from the back; then we talked about what happens when the guy resists and tries to wrest free his trapped arm. This includes the grapevine chinhook, the ankle pick, the knee block, the sit through fireman's carry, the wakigatame, and the switch to the double leg.

It sounds like a lot, but I tried to tell it like a story, describing the reticent opponent and the ways he might block attacks, and then how to cope and move past his pathetic defense. Mobile warfare son.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:02 am

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 pm

I showed them Relson's bonelock when he graps high on the collar or epaulet like many Judo players like to. I don't believe the move is legal in Judo but it is in GJJ and I demonstrated it to them by paralyzing a 245 lbs. giant as soon as he laid a hand on me.
Can you describe this? Google doesn't say shit.

Sounds like a cool class. I hated how judo grips seemed to neutralize my wrestling tie ups.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Steve, it's a tough move to describe. Basically you lay your left forearm over his right forearm, then clamp your hands together and pull it down and into you as you walk toward him. I imagine you are confused, but I don't know how to do it justice. You are trapping his lower arm between your body and your forearm, assisted by the other hand.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Sounds similar to "Bandak" from Filipino Kuntao. Very interesting.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

unknown
Corporal

Post by unknown » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 pm

received my mails?

in one mail,i believe two,there was a question i need an answer.

thanks
eurofaggot

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:07 am

I'm sorry unknown, I came down with something last night after practice. I'll check and respond when I can.

unknown
Corporal

Post by unknown » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 am

no problem. you must also be very busy wth the work and other things.

send you some more.
eurofaggot

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:10 am

Aloha unkown I responded to your emails.

2009.10.30PM; I stayed home yesterday and worked a half day today, bit then I got restless and did this. Although I should not have.

1. Two Arm Press 2 x 10 @ 95 lbs.
2. Two Arm Curl 2 x 10 @ 55 lbs.
3. Bench Press 2 x 10 @ 2 x 54 lbs.
4. Bent Rowing 2 x 10 @ 95 lbs.
5. Squat 2 x 10 @ 95 lbs.
6. Stiff Legged Dead Lift 2 x 10 @ 95 lbs.
7. Calf Raise 2 x 20 95 lbs.
8. Leg Thrusts 2 x 10

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:31 pm

2009.10.31AM; jiujitsu...wrote papers all morning, but needed to blow off some steam, so I did a short forty five minute roll with a decent blue belt. Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 pm

2009.11.01AM; went for a five mile hike...gentle work for the body but total rest for the mind to be out in the sunlight and fresh air. Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am

2009.11.02PM; I worked all day, delivered an address all evening, then came home at 9:30 and did this little number before dinnah. I am introducing new twists into the IMBB No. 1....first I am switching to the flawless Monday-Wednesday-Friday format. Second, I am introducing a Heavy-Light-Medium wave, where the heavy day is three sets, light is one set, medium is two sets. I will continue in a double progression of reps 8 to 10, then add weight. Today was also the first incremental increase in load, +10 lbs. I also will be rotating Pilates movements for the abdominal work at the end.

So here it is:

1. Two Arm Press 3 x 8 @ 105 lbs.
2. Two Arm Curl 3 x 8 @ 65 lbs.
3. KB Floor Press 3 x 5 @ 2 x 72 lbs.
4. Supine Grip Bent Rowing 3 x 8 @ 105 lbs.
5. Squat 3 x 8 @ 105 lbs.
6. Stiff Legged Dead Lift 3 x 8 @ 105 lbs.
7. Calf Raise 3 x 20 105 lbs.
8a. Single Leg Thrust x 8
8b. Double Leg Thrust x 8
8c. Criss Cross x 8

...am now retiring to roast beef and potatoes, salad, and a Beaujolais-Village 2007. And a spliff.

Aloha!
Last edited by Fat Cat on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dazed

Post by Dazed » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Gato, what keeps you from working with Indian clubs or a mace? I remember your endorsement of the CB was one of the things that got me into them originally.
I don't think you realize the depths of Jezzy's sexual greed~ EZ
Big, strong men (preferably in kilts) are my lesbian kryptonite~Jez
the right kind of male can make Jezzy's reproductive instinct overcome her preference for black vagina~Gary

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:45 pm

The clubs and the mace are fine, I just prefer to do this for now. Because I keep the grappling as a constant, I like to cycle through other things just for fun and to keep things fresh. I have been considering possible doing a season of free squats, pushups, mace, stonelifting and pullups. Possibly next summer.