I remember throwin' punches around & preachin' from my chair

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

I remember throwin' punches around & preachin' from my chair

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:44 pm

11.26 Thanksgiving Thursday

Supersets:
MP 95*5; 105*5; 115*5
Band Pull-ups*5

Supersets:
JK 135, 3*3
SQ 135, 3*3
Band Pull-ups*5,4,3

There was a breech in security at the fancy pants gym as a green 35# krazyball was left unsecured and unattended so I made my move:
35# Kookball: SN (OTW)*60 reps
Some SN/Press combos after that

10 minutes Treadmill (moderate)

JS, Planks, low body stretches

Sauna, Swim, Hot Tub (what Charles Barkley calls "The Executive Workout")

I think I have finally kicked this cold/bug/flu/goo thing that hit me on and off for 6 weeks. This was the most inconsistent and unproductive training year I've had since 2000, but I'm finally feeling the hankering for training again and this is my new log for the coming year.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Re: I remember throwin' punches around & preachin' from my chair

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:31 pm

11.27 Friday morning

10 min Sauna
40 min low incline treadmill--moderate
20 min JS
20 min easy swim, hot tub

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm

11.28 Saturday morning

2000m CII--moderate
20 minutes of Abz and stretching
30 minutes of "The Charles Barkley Executive Workout"

Went back home, scooped-up the family and attacked the mall all afternoon. Had a barey speakee Engrish Chinese lady in her 50's give me a kick ass chair massage at the mall and she also worked on my right calf, which is a little jackedified from the treadmill trot yesterday.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 pm

11.29 Sunday

Supersets:
MP 115*1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3
Band Pull-ups*3

Then, one of the trainers at the fancy pants gym let me unlock a 24kg krazyball:

Snatches 10*5L/5R--the first few sets were supersetted with ATG SQ for 135*5 for some knee love. The remaining sets were done 'I go, you go' as my wife did swings for sets of 10 when I rested from the Snatches.

Double swings with 45# plates outside the legs, 3*10

Standing Ab Curls 90, 2*8

20 minutes of JS (thank God for bands)

15 minutes of "The Charles Barkley Executive Workout"

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 pm

The knee must be doing better? Just rest or did you do rehab work?
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:02 pm

tough old man wrote:The knee must be doing better? Just rest or did you do rehab work?
The knee is fairly jacked-up, actually, but the light squatting seems to help--or at least is better than nothing. I'm supposed to be 'running' a 5k next weekend (Lifetime Fitness for Toys for Tots), hence the treadmill time. I was doing some acupuncture and plan on getting back to it in December. Otherwise, I am worthless and weak right now and just looking to hit a groove.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:45 pm

11.05 Saturday: Reindeer Run/Toys for Tots 5k

This is my annual 'run a 5k without training for it' thing. My knee had been barking from last week's 3 mile treadmill run. Ran this with my co-workers from my last gig, one of which is an ex-D2 football coach who knows how to tape a knee. Good thing he did my knee as I would not have made it. This was a very slow shuffle for most of the 5k. Knee looks like a cantaloupe right now, but TfT is a great cause IMO and we had fun getting out there and then eating a hearty breakfast of biscuits and gravy washed down with Bloody Mary's at Bunny's.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:34 pm

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:11.05 Saturday: Reindeer Run/Toys for Tots 5k

This is my annual 'run a 5k without training for it' thing. My knee had been barking from last week's 3 mile treadmill run. Ran this with my co-workers from my last gig, one of which is an ex-D2 football coach who knows how to tape a knee. Good thing he did my knee as I would not have made it. This was a very slow shuffle for most of the 5k. Knee looks like a cantaloupe right now, but TfT is a great cause IMO and we had fun getting out there and then eating a hearty breakfast of biscuits and gravy washed down with Bloody Mary's at Bunny's.
Sounds like a good time for a great cause. Hope the swelling goes down soon. Did you ever figure out what the hell is wrong with that thing?

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Mickey Mutherfukkin O'neil wrote:
High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:11.05 Saturday: Reindeer Run/Toys for Tots 5k

Sounds like a good time for a great cause. Hope the swelling goes down soon. Did you ever figure out what the hell is wrong with that thing?
I am 40# too heavy (and have been so for like 4-5 years now); I'm 42; I'm a desk jockey; my head tells me to do things (like this) that my body really shouldn't be doing.

BTW, I have decided to not consider knee surgery at this time. I did get some positive response from guys on our TF who got under the knife, but I've talked to six guys I know in RL who had surgery (and one with 3 surgeries and another with 6(!) surgeries). The two who thought it was worthwhile were under 210# and the other guys are all big, strong mofo's, but all over 240# and their surgeries did not help them.....so I'm not liking my odds.

I've been to acupuncture a couple of times and it helped. I will go back ASAP.