Between a rock and a 50 miler

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Birdman

Between a rock and a 50 miler

Post by Birdman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:07 am

Well, I have lurked here for a day and a half now and after thoroughly enjoying the Couch thread and many others I have decided to become a member and post my log. I am currently 29 and turning 30 at the end of the month and am a bit out of shape...It all started when I got back from my 2nd deployment to Iraq and I got volun-told that I was selected for recruiting duty. Needless to say recruiting is WAAAAY less physical then being in the Infantry and down here in San Antonio I have all this good mexican food to eat. So I find myself sitting at 6' and 230 pounds at 27% BF (per the military formula of neck/waist ratio). I am looking to get this shit off as fast and healthy as possible. I have been running off and on over the last year and in October paced my brother for 25miles of his 100 mile race. Never one for doing anything without a bit of pressure, I have signed up for a 50miler here in Texas in March and have between now and then to get in some sort of running shape. I have no Idea if I will stay with the ultra-running after this race, but it would be nice accomplish this and re-evaluate from there. I am looking at what I want to do for diet and am getting a plan in order to get my mileage up without getting shin-splints. Any and all diet advice, criticism, and training advice is welcome.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Re: Between a rock and a 50 miler

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:33 am

Welcome, Birdman. You will get plenty of "advice and criticism" here. You should go over to the FSF and introduce yourself so Shapecharge can invite you camping. Have fun with the 50 miler.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 am

Goddamn a 50 miler by March.

You hard charging fuck. You are out of your fucking mind.

I'm aiming for a 50 miler in a year or more. But I'm not a dumbass crunchy.

I called you a crunchy because that is the sound that is made when a grunt is run over by a tank.

Good luck.

Now get your ass over to the FSF to introduce your self you motherfucker.

By the way San Antone is fucking awesome. Love the town and the food, not to mention the all the poontang from Fort Sam. You are a lucky bastard and I envy you.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Ed Zachary wrote:By the way San Antone is fucking awesome. Love the town and the food, not to mention the all the poontang from Fort Sam. You are a lucky bastard and I envy you.
... and Lackland. Love me some of that soft AF pussy.