Following Coach Paul Wade...the man, the myth, the legend.

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Re: Why am I training like this? Because FUCK YOU, THAT'S W

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 am

Sunday 6/26/11: Front squat ladders.

Push + Pull: 2 x 17reps of DB vertical lift (one set done in warm-up, one set done after FS completed)

Front squat: 235# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 , move up 10# next time

Hinge: 35# x 5reps KB windmill
Weighted carry: walk to end of cul-de-sac with 30# DBs, one overhead and one farmer's, then switched and return
TGU: soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half TGUs with 10# med ball (working on form, really trying to keep L leg down on the sitting up portion)

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:21 pm

Monday 6/27/11: Sumo DL ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, TGU with 15# med ball. Extra work on L hand side.

Sumo DL to above knee (with drop): 325# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 , go up 10# next time...definitely got better as the ladders went on, guess I don't have that question anymore!

Push: Single KB press, 28kg x 5 R/L, 32kg x 3 R/L, surprised myself with the ease of pressing the 32kg, probably a PR (not sure, but cool anyway)

Pull: Lay-back chin-ups, 2 x 3reps

Squat: High step-up (top of knee above hip crease), 2 reps on left leg, almost 1 good one on right but just short of good control at the bottom of the negative

Weighted carry: Double 32kg KB farmer's walk, 2 rounds of 2x(down & back) of the gym

My "assistance" work is really surprising me, particularly my double KB swings and single KB pressing. I believe things are going swimmingly, regardless of the fact that working weights on my main lifts are lower than I'm used to. :supz:

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Just a couple of notes:

I'm actually developing some tarps, more so than when I was OLing.

The biggest weight I lifted (with strain) before my last meet PR of 420# was 360# for a bunch of singles. Doing ladders with NFS right now at 325# for triples makes me feel pretty confident that things are moving in the right direction.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:00 pm

Friday 7/1/11: "5" day of 531 close-grip bench and Pendlay rows, based off 220# actual max for both.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, TGUs with 15# med ball. Got some new ideas for working on my right side leg (left hand up) from my buddy Danny.

Pendlay row (snatch grip): 130 x 5, 150 x 5, 170 x 6
Close-grip bench: 130 x 5, 150 x 5, 170 x 7

2 rounds of the following, with some rest between exercises
Squat: 2 sets of 5 step-ups holding 10kg KB in contralateral hand, to thigh parallel depth on working leg
Hinge: 2 sets of single SLDL holding 24kg KB in contralateral hand
Weighted carry: 2 sets of down & back the gym with 2 x 53# KBs in overhead position, no stops

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:21 am

Sunday 7/3/11: Back squat ladders.

I realized today that I forgot to enter my last back squat ladders workout day. Oh well. So I did 285#, which is either 5# or 15# up from the last time...both are cool to me.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, half-TGU with 10# med ball.

Back Squat: 285# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3. Crushed that shit. Had 3 Dos Equis while I was doing it too. I love Sundays.

Hinge + Weighted Carry: This is a complicated one. 35# KB in my bottom/farmer's hand, 30# DB in my top/waiters' hand. 5 reps of windmills, then straight into a farmer's+waiter's mixed walk to end of cul-de-sac. Switch and repeat.

Push + Pull: Vertical Lift, 30# DBs x 20 reps. I hate counting these things, I may have done 22 just to be sure I did at least 20.

Good day. 295# on the squat next time, then I'm above 300# with no face strain, which will be really cool IMO. These workouts leave me feeling great, and just the right amount of sore.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:12 am

Captain Quack wrote:Sunday 7/3/11:

Back Squat: 285# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3. Crushed that shit. Had 3 Dos Equis while I was doing it too. I love Sundays.
Sure you're not a Southern boy? Gin Master must be corrupting you. ;)
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 am

syaigh wrote:
Captain Quack wrote:Sunday 7/3/11:

Sure you're not a Southern boy? Gin Master must be corrupting you. ;)
I was relegated to what Circle K had. It was ShockTop or Dos Equis, by my standards. I don't even think I've ever visited anywhere that could have been called the "South" unless it was on a flight transfer, so I actually don't know what that choice could have been...

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Monday 7/4/11: Rack pull ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 1 TGU per side with 16kg KB.

Rolled, mob'd, and stretched calves. Mob'd hip flexors. Did some other warm-up stuff.

Hinge: Rack pulls from knee height, 345# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 . Went very well except for the fact I was on the worst knurled bar in the gym and I didn't feel like chalking up...only weak spot felt like the hook grip.

Push: 2 minute plank
Pull: TRX batwings, 4 x 10 sec.
Squat: Step-up to parallel height, 12kg x 5 per side
Weighted carry: Single 16kg KB x [OH down & back gym, rack down & back gym, farmer's down & back gym 2x], then the other side

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Quick backstory. I hadn't worked out since last Monday, just over a week ago. Lots of shit to do at the office, also started working 6-10pm teaching night classes M/T/R at the local "one class a month" college. Combined with the super-grandma-childcare system out of town on vacation, this week has kicked my ass.

I finally got back in the gym today. I thought about taking the week off as a spontaneous deload. Screw that. So I made up the two workouts I missed last week today. The regularly scheduled Monday DL workout will be done on Thursday, and then Fr/Sat/Sun will include two workouts total...and I'll be back on track.

This was definitely a "punch the clock" workout. Lack of sleep didn't help, but dammit, I got it done.

My buddy went to RKC2 recently and was talking about Dave Whitley bent pressing the beast (106#?) for reps. I hadn't done a bent press since back in my RKC KB days years ago. Anyway, I did the 79# (36kg) KB for a bent press once with little issue and with no warm-up other than doing the 32kg for one rep just before that. Meh. As always, if someone is strong, they can do KB tricks...but being good at KB tricks doesn't necessarily make one strong at other things...and I'm not saying I'm that strong. Maybe once I've got the 500# DL and the 200# press in the bag, I'll train a while for the "beast challenge" for fun (106# KB weighted pull-up, pistol, and press).

Tuesday 7/12/11: Front squat ladders, 531 pullups and presses.

Push: Standing press 105# x 3, 120 x 3, 140 x 3
Pull: Weighted pull-ups BW x 3, BW x 3, 25 x 3
Squat: Front squat 245# x 1,2,3,1,2,3
... could have probably done the other ladder but decided to save it for next time

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 35# KB x (3 half get-ups into 1 final full TGU)

Hinge: 2 sets of double KB swings, 32kg KB x 10 reps

Weighted carry: Unloaded the front squat bar, put the 45# bumper overhead and walked to end of gym and back to put bumper away, repeated 4x

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:58 pm

I know some of the few who read this are waiting to see some more PRs.

Anyway, I was putzing around at my buddy's (mostly KB) gym. No warm-up, in my work clothes. Did a couple ramp-up singles for each exercise, as I had little idea of what I could actually do.

Pistoled the 48kg (I am built for this lift, the hardest part is holding the damn KB in the right spot, not actually squatting it one-legged)

Pressed the 36kg

Some more work on my weighted pull-up, well, quite a bit more work, and I will be able to complete the Beast challenge!

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:11 am

OK. I'll admit a bad decision. Doing that goddam pistol really aggravated my middle back. It seems that the middle back is my weakest point, probably due to the spine being my longest lever (short femurs & legs, long torso). I didn't feel anything while I did it, then a significant (as in almost took my breath away at its worst moments) soreness moved in over the next three days.

It finally started to let up today. I had the chance to lift and wasn't going to miss it. I did two workouts in one today, I ended up missing one deadlift-focused workout over the last two weeks. I'll take it.

Sunday 7/17/11: 531 "3" day close-grip bench & Pendlay rows, back squat ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, TGU with 35# KB each side (L hand up side slowly getting better, as in R leg not kicking up so much at the start)

Push: Close grip bench 140# x 3, 160 x 3, 185 x 5 (had added 5# from Jay's autoreg)
Pull: Pendlay rows 140 x 3, 160 x 3, 185 x 5 (had added 5# from Jay's autoreg)
Squat: Back squat 295# x 1,2,3 ... felt heavy and wanted to take it easy on the back, 3rd rep of the last set was a grinder and a grimacer

Hinge + Weighted carry: 35# KB right hand - 5 windmills, down as OH walk, back as rack walk, down & back farmer's walk, then repeated it all on the left hand

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Monday 7/18/11: Sumo DL ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 1 TGU with 35# KB. Extra work on L hand side.

Sumo DL to above knee (with drop): 335# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 , go up 10# next time.

The most I did before my last big PL meet in training (with belt, with face strain, yadda yadda) was 365# x 1 x 7sets (pulled 420# in comp) . It will be very cool to be doing that for ladders soon enough (with no belt and no face strain)!

Push + pull + squat + weighted carry (mild conditioning session):
5 presses with 20kg KB to
5 rows with 20kg KB to
repeat above other side to
5 35# double KB front squats to
35# double KB farmer's walk down & back gym...
...above sequence then repeated, no rest between, for 4's with 24kg, 3's with 28kg, 2's with 32kg, 1 with 36kg, didn't change the KBs for the FS/carry though.

That was a very nice finisher, no big deal, but I got to feel strong pressing the 36kg with much better strength and form than less than a week ago!

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Thursday 7/21/11: "531" day of press and weighted pull-ups.

I slept like absolute shit last night. Pretty sure I woke up around 2:45am and never really fell asleep well again after that. Worked out anyway because I only get the chance 3 times a week (maybe 4 if I'm lucky). Did the minimum reps, another one for the consistency column was all this was. Still doing the "no face strain". I think for the upper body stuff I may need to add in another day per week (so I can do both my vertical and horizontal work within the same week instead of alternating weeks like I am now) as soon as I'm able in order to continue making progress at some point down the line.

TGU: soft rolls, hard rolls, 1 TGU with 35# KB each side with extra half TGUs done on left side

Push (based on est. actual max of 170#): Press, 115 x 5, 130 x 3, 145 x 1
Pull (based on est. actual max of 280# including 200# BW): Weighted pull-up, BW x 5, 18# x 3, 40# x 1

I was glad to just hit the minimum. It felt exactly like I didn't have enough sleep...just weak in general.

Hinge + weighted carry: HS swings, double 32kg KBs x 10 reps, straight into farmer's walk down & back gym
Took a short break.
Squat + weighted carry: KBs racked squat, double 32kg KBs x 10 reps, then straight into racked walk down & back gym
Break
Hinge: Single-leg SLDL contralateral KB, 44# x 5/side
Squat: Step-up contralateral KB (box at thigh parallel height, only heel touches ground), 18# x 5/side

That was enough. PWO food included a whole rotisserie chicken, bottle of kefir, and a bottle of kombucha.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Missed my front squat workout this weekend. I will be SO FUCKING HAPPY when this night class I'm teaching is over after Thursday night. ](*,) I may try to get in the workout this week if I'm able, whatever...

Monday 7/25/11: Rack pull ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls. Forgot to actually do some TGUs!

Rolled, mob'd hip flexors. Did some glute activation and thoroughly rolled the t-spine.

Hinge: Rack pulls from knee height, 355# x 1,2,3 . Grip is definitely becoming a limiting factor, but I really called the workout at the point I did because my middle back got "ticky". It tends to get this way when my recovery is crappy (like when this class prevents me from getting enough g-ddam sleep).

Push: Single KB bench press, 53# x 5, 62# x 5, 70# x 5, 79# x 3
Pull: Chin-ups deadhang sternum to bar, 8,8,6,6

Squat + weighted carry: Put a 25# bumper overhead with both hands, did lunges down & back the gym.

Basked in my eliteness & virtuosity afterward.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:08 pm

7/28/11: Front squat ladders, 5/3/1 close grip bench & Pendlay rows.

This session was the normal upper body stuff with a make-up front squat workout from last week.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups and 1 full get-up with 35# KB, so close to not having the right leg pop off the ground at the start!

Squat: Front squat - 245# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3
Push: Close grip bench - 150 x 5, 170 x 3, 190 x 6
Pull: Pendlay row - 150 x 5, 170 x 3, 190 x 5

Weighted carry: Unloaded the three bars I was using, did walks down & back gym, some overhead, some on chest, some pinch-gripped.

Hinge: Several sets of Bulgarian goat bag swings with weight plates I was unloading.

----

7/30/11: Back squat ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups and 1 full get-up with 35# KB

Squat: Back squat - 295# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2, ...dumped the first rep of the last "3" set, oh well. Should have quit when I was ahead.

Push + weighted carry + pull + hinge:
20 kg...5 standing KB press + one KB farmer's walk down & back gym + 10 KB rows + 1 single SLDL
24 kg...4 standing KB press + one KB farmer's walk down & back gym + 8 KB rows + 1 single SLDL
28 kg...3 standing KB press + one KB farmer's walk down & back gym + 6 KB rows + 1 single SLDL
32 kg...2 standing KB press + one KB farmer's walk down & back gym + 4 KB rows + 1 single SLDL
36 kg...2 standing KB press + one KB farmer's walk down & back gym + 4 KB rows + 1 single SLDL

Then a single rep on each side of standing KB press with the 40kg (even got video). Definite PR there, hadn't ever even tried it before (and my 36kg press is looking much better already)!!!

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Monday 8/2/11: Sumo Deadlift ladders.

TGU: soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups + 1 full get-up on each side with a 20kg KB

Hinge: Sumo DL - 345# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 , totally surprised myself with that, was expecting maybe one rung today, really found the sweet spot in my hip/knee angle today

Squat: Single-leg step-up to parallel box height - 10kg x 5 reps/side

Push: Plank x 2min.

Pull: Chest-to-bar top of pull-up iso hold, 5 sec.

Weighted carry: 53# double KBs, down & back gym for each variation, overhead then racked then farmer's
Last edited by Mountebank on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Do you have start problems in sumo or lockout issues?
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:20 pm

powerlifter54 wrote:Do you have start problems in sumo or lockout issues?
Sorry I missed this. I've never missed a lockout. It's the start that's the issue for me.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Thursday 8/4/11: 5/3/1 "5" day weighted pull-ups and standing press.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups and 1 full get-up with 44# KB, getting better almost every time

Pull: Pendlay row - BW x 4, BW x 5, 20# x 6, supramaximal bottom position hold 106# x 20sec
Push: Press - 110# x 5, 120 x 5, 135 x 5

Squat: High step-up (deeper than parallel) no weight x 3reps/side

Hinge: Double 32kg HS swings x 10 reps

Weighted carry: 53# KB overhead one hand + 70# KB farmer's other hand, down & back, then repeat other side.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Saturday 8/6/11: Front squat ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups and 1 full get-up with 44# KB.

Squat: Front squat - 255# x 1,2,3,1,2,3 , knees have had a minor bit of tendonitis from the double squatting last week, I've been taking care of it by using sleeves, some foam rolling the thighs, and some laser therapy, as of (now it is Monday) knees are feeling about 90%

Push: Single KB bench - 28kg x 5, 32kg x 5, 36kg x 3

Pull: 2 sets of pull-up top position iso hold for 3 sec. each, 1 set of chin-ups 8 reps

Hinge: 3 sets of double KB HS swings with 32kg KBs.

Weighted carry: Grabbed double 16kg KBs and just started walking down & back the gym a bunch of times, didn't count how many

----

Monday 8/8/11: Rack pull ladders.

TGU: Soft rolls, hard rolls, 3 half get-ups and 1 full get-up with 44# KB.

Hinge: Rack pulls from knee height, 355# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3 . Move up 10# next week. Did the first rung and my thumbs were telling me that they were not happy with the hook grip. I don't like the over-under grip, so I got out the straps...that made everything so much easier! I will be using the straps on my 2s and 3s sets, skipping them on the 1s from here on out. I could see a huge increase in my rack pull numbers coming in the near future.

I honestly almost quit the workout after this. I didn't really feel like doing much else, so I made up some easy bullshit to finish.

Squat + push + weighted carry + pull: double 16kg KBs, 5 KB squat-to-press (aka thruster) to overhead walk down & back gym, then did 5 rows with the 48kg KB, repeated this cycle twice.

Squat + weighted carry: Put a 25# bumper overhead with both hands, did lunges down & back the gym.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 am

i am thinking monday backsquat, BP meet grip, and sumo dls..ladders...wednesday KB FS or thruster, KB sumo high pull, KB Double MP...friday low box squat sumo stance, close grip BP to phone book, and speed sumo dl alternated with sumo rack pull.

Every workout ends with 15 pullups.

Thoughts?
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 am

powerlifter54 wrote:i am thinking monday backsquat, BP meet grip, and sumo dls..ladders...wednesday KB FS or thruster, KB sumo high pull, KB Double MP...friday low box squat sumo stance, close grip BP to phone book, and speed sumo dl alternated with sumo rack pull.

Every workout ends with 15 pullups.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me, worth a try!

My concerns on current limitations:

I can train on Monday for sure. The rest of the week, available training days are not set in stone. Some weeks I have to train Saturday and Sunday, for example. This may not be an issue but I figured I should bring it up.

My experience is limited with the box squats, done some with your programs before, but without an educated mentor it was/is a best guess on my part as to "how" they are best done. Any videos you (or anyone else) can suggest that I watch on doing them correctly? One thing I'm not sure on is how much "rocking" is acceptable (with my long-ass torso I can't be straight up or I'll fall on my arse in a heartbeat, I need some lean forward) and just how fast they should be (or how slow they should NOT be, if that's easier to explain).

I've never done speed DLs of any sort. Would need more info on that one. I only have KBs in that gym to hold down bands, well, those and iron or rubber plates.

The lowest setting that the rack pull setup that I can use is at top-of-kneecap height in my conventional set-up. While I can go higher, I can't go any lower. If that presents a problem due to sumo starting lower (my stance isn't that wide though), I'd need to modify. Maybe stand on some 45# plates?

Other than that, I'd just need set/rep guidelines and some rough "how much effort do I give this exercise this day" ideas.

You would prefer the double KB high pulls over the double swings?

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Thursday 8/12/11: Extra curriculars.

Due to no fault of my own, I had to run a 1/2 mile in my work clothes in the afternoon desert heat. I thought it actually went quite well, other than my calves being sore for several days afterward.

Friday 8/13/11: Back squat ladders.

TGU: Forgot.

Squat: 295# x 1,2,3,1,2,3,1 , I got two more sets (four more reps total) than last time. In between sets of squats, I did yard work, picking up a bunch of crap around my backyard and cutting down 3 small trees that died in the winter's big freeze. It was hot out, I was pleased to do as well with the squats as I did after going in the heat so much.

Push + pull + weighted carry + hinge:
10 vertical lift to farmer's carry to end of cul-de-sac

shake out hands

5 windmills (one DB up and one DB down), switch up hands, then OH + farmer's walk back, then repeat on the opposite sides

shake out hands

10 vertical lift to farmer's carry to end of cul-de-sac

----

Monday 8/15/11: NEW PROGRAM. Squat, bench, deadlift day.

PL54 gave me a rough outline of a new program. The highest goal of this program is to hit a 500# DL at NASA Masters/Sub-masters Nationals in November.

Started using the belt and knee sleeves once I'm past the warm-up sets.

Squat: Worked up to a 325# x 2. RPE 8, no psych-up.

Paused bench: Worked up to 235# x 1. RPE 8, no psych-up, no lift-off.

Sumo deadlift: Worked up to 355# x 2, more like two singles in succession, as I stood up and reset. RPE 8.

RAWDAWG, yo.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 am

Thursday 8/18/11: New program, mid-week kettlebell workout.

Soft rolls, hip flexor mob, rolled t-spine.

Gave my buddy Danny the exercise list, asked him to assign me sets and reps. He did.

Warm-up: 1 pull-up, 5 presses with double 12kgs (yeah, joke of a warm-up, I was in a rush)

Supersetted pull-ups with presses:
1st round
TSC pull-ups, chest-to-bar x 1,2,3,4,5
Double 24kg KB presses x 5,4,3,2,1

2nd round
TSC pull-ups, chest-to-bar x 1,2,3,4,5
Double 28kg KB presses x 5,4,3,2,1

I was supposed to do some KB front squats after each superset, I forgot.

"Conditioning" set (I actually timed it like Danny told me, I really hesitated on doing this due to my Kool-Aid-antibodies, didn't push it past the point of excessive form degradation):
5 rounds of
5 per side standing KB rows with 24kg
10 sumo stance KB high pulls with double 24kg
8:46

Biceps and wrists were the most smoked after that. Noticed fatigue in my back later, not a bad fatigue though. I definitely feel a shit-ton stronger in a metcon situation than back when I was a weak @Fing pussy. <<<<q

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Monday 8/22/11: Sumo box squats, close-grip 1.5 board bench, speed deadlifts.

Did some ankle and hip flexor mobility.

Sumo box squats: Worked up to 185# x 3 x 3. These are definitely dropping deeper than my sumo DL start. Worked on speed as best I could, also trying to only lean forward as little as necessary to get off the box--these damn things are not easy, particularly for a long-torso dude.

Close-grip (inside of index finger at edge of smooth/knurling) 1.5-board bench press: Worked up to 225 x 3.

Speed deadlifts: Worked up to 290# x 3. Went up to 65% of my guesstimated current 450# max. Man, that first one starts a bit too slow (for a "speed" day), but the following reps were fast enough (I think).

Still getting used to squatting and pulling in the same day.