<~~~RED GIANT~~~>

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

<~~~RED GIANT~~~>

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 am

2011.10.25PM; jiujitsu...trained at my new academy tonight for the first time, was a great experience. First hour was judo, second was jiujitsu, third was rolling. Instruction was excellent, rolls fun and exciting, and I got to meet Hee Il Cho. From now on I will be repping Relson Gracie Hawaii Kai dojo.

Aloha!
Last edited by Fat Cat on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Soupbone

Re: <~~~RED GIANT~~~>

Post by Soupbone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:34 am

Fat Cat wrote:2011.10.25PM; jiujitsu...trained at my new academy tonight for the first time, was a great experience. First hour was judo, second was jiujitsu, third was rolling. Instruction was excellent, rolls fun and exciting, and I got to meet Hee Il Cho. From now on I will be repping Relson Gracie Hawaii Kai dojo.

Aloha!
Hee Il Cho!?!?! Holy Crap that's awesome!

Cheers to you and the new digs.

Oss!
I just started a blog called The Happy Grappler. Check it out at http://happygrappler.blogspot.com

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:42 pm

I am perhaps most excited about the judo. I want to throw people on their heads. Hard.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:02 pm

This is the dōjō-kun for my new academy:

悪即斬
Aku soku zan
Evil Unto Evil

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Ron Huxon has quite the Judo and Aikido background as well. Looks like it will be a great experience.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 pm

That's the plan. Plus Hee Il Cho!

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Sounds cool. Did your old academy close and how often does Relson teach at the new one?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

I can't say what frequency Relson teaches at the new one since I am brand new, but he lives in Hawaii Kai and this is the closest academy to him. Right now Relson is in Brazil opening up a couple of academies, but he'll be back in a month and I will get a better sense then. All promotions go through him.

As for the old academy, it has like 10 students left but the guy who is managing things is just letting it all fall to shit and while I have been teaching and trying to maintain things he has done nothing. In fact I have a call and an email in to him to discuss my plans and he hasn't responded at all. He probably hasn't even been in his academy more than 2-3 times in the past two months. Unacceptable from my point of view.

zak-zombie
Senior Chief Cockjumper

Post by zak-zombie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Cool and good luck for your new academy Fat Cat - like the log title too.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:20 am

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:43 am

2011.10.26PM; jiujitsu...taught Hélio Gracie self defense class no. 10 tonight at the old academy. Also announced my plans to the three students who were there. Rolled a bit.

I have to admit that I was very sore from the previous night's judo...ankles were tender.

Aloha!

PS Class HG no. 10 is clinching as a counter to the haymaker, a hip toss, armlock from knee on belly, if he escapes the armlock you slide to mount and crack him in the face. Opponent bellies down to escape the shots to the grill and you sink the hooks and finish with mata leão. One of my favorites because it basically summarizes the Gracie method.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 pm

So did Relson move to another school?

Will you be teaching there as well?

Cool that your adding Judo to your toolbox.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Dart, Relson has a big association and various black and brown belts run the day to day operations for each. So this school, the new one, is part of our association but is a different one from the one that I have traditionally attended. That's all. So Relson continues to be our kancho and do all promotions. I will not be teaching at the new school for the time being, and I am happy with that. The professor there has already asked me, and I told him that for the time being I just want to be one of the boys.

And yes, I am very excited about improving my throws. Thanks!

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Fat Cat wrote: And yes, I am very excited about improving my throws.
There's something magical about making a good throw/footsweep. Enjoy!

PS - All the best at your new Academy.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:51 am

2011.10.28PM; jiujitsu...taught a flow I learned from Relson on attacks and transitions from side control, having passed the guard. Spent the rest of the time rolling for one of the last times with my students.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 am

Shoshin - 初心 - Original Mind

2011.11.01PM; jiujitsu...had the wonderful opportunity to train with Team Hammerhead, my new team, tonight. Ron Huxen gave a class on a brabo choke series; all techniques I had never seen carefully instructed before. Before class I sparred with him and despite a couple of close attacks, ended up getting triangled as I went to pass his guard.

Do you know how good it feels to be tapped out? So good. It means you are growing.

After class I smashed blue belts for a while, then got paired with a visiting brown who was here as a NAGA referee. It was amateur night on my ass. He was just a really brilliant guard player and all around tough guy, he tapped me 5 or 6 times, I caught him once. He had a very unorthodox style and I could hardly keep up, he kept me on the defensive throughout even though I had top and was passing. Haha! It has been a while since I have been able to train with quality partners and it shows.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:29 am

Some fag wearing my gi.

Ooooh, almost forgot. I finally got that fucking Fuji kimono today. Yes, the one I ordered weeks ago. The gi is nice, I am 215 lbs. at 6' and the A4 fit very nicely prewash. It is soft and pliable with a nice cut, but I will have to wash it a few times to see how it actually wears. One nice thing is the patches no longer come affixed, so I was very happy to deposit them in the trash. The only embroidery is the Fuji logo on the arm, which is a pity, but predictable.

Finally, FUCK Budovideos.com...they didn't have the kimono in stock, although they listed it that way. Then they didn't notify me. Then they didn't do a motherfucking thing until I called them 10 days later, at which time they informed me that the kimono would soon be in, and would be immediately shipped. This was more or less true, but since they had twice failed to inform me, I couldn't be all that stoked that they waited till the third try to tell me the truth. Not good service, booooooooo!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:47 am

2011.11.02PM; jiujitsu...tonight's training consisted of packing up the old academy's mats and moving them into storage and turning out the lights. Pau.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:01 am

2011.11.03PM; jiujitsu...rolled with a pretty talented lighter blue as a warm up while people shot the shit. Class was on armbars from closed guard, but very refined and excellent instruction.

Afterward I rolled with our instructor; I had some moments where I shined: I had some nice work from De La Riva and I hit a fucking huge ippon harai goshi off a feint at the legs...but once I am in his guard my goose is cooked. It's no contest, his guard is better than my passing. I actually pull guard on him because I am more of a danger to him from the bottom.

Sadly I could only hold him to a draw, but what's important is that he is 75 lbs. lighter than me. So that's what I am up against haha, must train more.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:55 pm

2011.11.05AM; jiujitsu...escapes from cross side. Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:37 am

2011.11.06PM; don blue...starting light.

1. Bench Press 10 x 10 @ 100 lbs.
2. Deadlift 10 x 10 @ 135 lbs.

Time: 45:10

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 pm

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:39 am

2011.11.09PM; Blue Dawn...

1. Squat 10 x 10 @ 100 lbs.
2. Ring Chins 10 x 1 @ body weight

Time: 23:12

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:59 pm

2011.11.10PM; jiujitsu...first hour was judo. Second hour was jiujitsu, passing butterfly guard. Third hour was sparring. I was feeling exhausted. Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm

2011.11.14AM; lifting...turns out I had nephritis. Friday I had chills, fever, finally went to the doctor when I started pissing blood. They sent me to the ER and I got some IV antibiotics and a whack of morphine, eventually they sent me home and I rested all weekend. Finally got around to doing this on Sunday.

1. Press Behind Neck 4 x 8 @ 100 lbs.
2. Wide Stance Squats 4 x 8 @ 125 lbs.
3. Bench Press 4 x 8 @ 115 lbs.
4. Power Cleans 3 x 6 @ 115 lbs.

Time was 45:52

Aloha!