<~~~RED GIANT~~~>

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: <~~~RED GIANT~~~>

Post by Fat Cat » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:21 am

2012.06.15PM; jiujitsu...rolling with a solid purple belt; after a long battle I put him away but it wasn't pretty although I certainly controlled the positions. Afterward I had a little clinic with Kayle and talked about some mistakes I was making in my leg thread half guard pass.

Anyway, then an hour class on the choke and armbar from mount, and then more rolling, where I went 2 of 3 falls with a pair of purples.

Finally, I have seen that I am not in the condition that I need to be; that I have been focusing on barbell training too much, and that some reorientation is needed in my training.

Aloha!
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 am

2012.06.16PM; twerkin...Steve Maxwell Health & Well Being Kettlebell Workout. Was just learning the routine so I made no effort to do full reps or time it. Expect to see a lot more bodyweight, kettlebells, stretching, and joint mobility up in this bitch.

Aloha!
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:57 am

2012.06.17PM; Happy Fathers' Day...Steve Maxwell Joint-Mobility morning recharge and a three mile walk.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:03 am

2012.06.18PM; jiujitsu...I am now committed to doing some joint-mobility warmup before each session on the mat, in the pursuit of heightened longevity in my training life, so I commenced with that. Then some light sparring with a whitebelt name Sharif, a Jordanian from the Big Island of Hawaii, haha.

After that a class on retaining guard and rapid, transitional counter attacks. It was actually really a good class, as it was all built off the same movement drill when you counter a double underhook pass, incorporating the same fundamental movement in several counters: restore closed guard, triangle, omoplata, etc.

After, more sparring; met a nice blue belt from Singapore who was game. I was purposely being pretty low key, and am mapping out a new system of training. Pretty soon it will be time to start a new log, with a new direction, and really execute the ideas I am working on.

Aloha!

Soupbone

Post by Soupbone » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Fat Cat wrote:2012.06.18PM; jiujitsu...I am now committed to doing some joint-mobility warmup before each session on the mat, in the pursuit of heightened longevity in my training life, so I commenced with that. Then some light sparring with a whitebelt name Sharif, a Jordanian from the Big Island of Hawaii, haha.

After that a class on retaining guard and rapid, transitional counter attacks. It was actually really a good class, as it was all built off the same movement drill when you counter a double underhook pass, incorporating the same fundamental movement in several counters: restore closed guard, triangle, omoplata, etc.

After, more sparring; met a nice blue belt from Singapore who was game. I was purposely being pretty low key, and am mapping out a new system of training. Pretty soon it will be time to start a new log, with a new direction, and really execute the ideas I am working on.

Aloha!
Always a pleasure to read your experiences and glean from your insights. Paramount in insight and instruction.

Oss.
I just started a blog called The Happy Grappler. Check it out at http://happygrappler.blogspot.com

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:04 pm

You know I'm just a silly nobody; but...I have had a bit of a revelation about what I'm doing with my training.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 am

2012.06.19PM; Steve Maxwell Joint-Mobility morning recharge.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:10 am

2012.06.20PM; jiujitsu...rolled lightly with a very good purple, trying to work my leg thread pass from half guard, a position which he excels at and a technique which I am still really learning on a deeper level. I was bogging down, but I stayed true to the technique and learned, at the very least, some things I am NOT doing right. When I did pass, I went back to guard and had to pass again.

Then an hour of drills on guard retention and counter attacks, focusing on the omoplata and triangle, but especially the omoplata and a counter to the rolling escape. It was Carlson Jr's "Impossible Choke" if you know it.

Then more sparring and I was done with my second and last hard sparring of the week. From now on I am limiting hard sparring to Monday and Wednesday; Tuesday and Thursday are for drilling moves over and over, maybe light and technical rolling for a round or two but always with a focus.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:59 am

2012.06.21PM; jiujitsu...sem quimono. Took a class on attacking the guillotine from the pummel and then off a stuffed shot. After day I did a little technical standup grabble and then went for a walk.

Aloha!

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:07 am

2012.06.23PM; Pre-Sports Mobility Warm-Up & Health & Well-Being Kettlebell Workout. Time was 15:28 for the kettlebell session, all done with a single pood.

Aloha!

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:09 am

Fat Cat wrote:Expect to see a lot more bodyweight, kettlebells, stretching, and joint mobility up in this bitch.

Aloha!
This is where I'm at with my training.
I have had a bit of a revelation about what I'm doing with my training.
Care to go into more detail regarding this revelation? No worries if you don't.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Mickey, I will try to mention some of the ideas in my new log.