The Road.

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

The Road.

Post by DARTH » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 am

Tuesday 12/13/11

8:00 AM
20 Minutes Tossing Logs from on pile to another to be further split, careful to alternate sides and use full body motions.

20 minutes Log Splitting with Darth's Maul.

15 minutes Wood Stacking.

10 minutes Stretch.

8 - 9:30 PM

JUJUTSU/COMBATIVES

I started class with An Osoto Gari - Koshi Garuma/Ogoshi - O Uchi Gari Combo, we worked it for 30 minutes.

Crom ran a reveiw and drill of the Pikit Tarsia Horizontal strike for 20 minutes.

Next we worked and exercise to help drill what type of technique to use against a horizontal attack, depending greatly at the range your at when it's launched and where you intercept it. The Precribed (but not the only) sequence was An Osoto Gari based response if you catch it when he winds up. An envelopment and Ude Garamae based response when you cath it right off of launch. For when it's building momentum and your right inside of the attcks sweet spot, a inward sidestep 4 Wall intercept/Pikiti Tarsia horizontal open hand strike and what ever flows from there. And for when your right at or just a tad beyond the sweetspot, stepping back at an angle and launching in for a number of techniques on the overswing.

We finished class by working responses for a Pistol held up in your face by someone who feel won't be happy with scaring you for the stuff in your wallet.

Weds. Nothing more than a little wood stacking with my oldist Boy and 2- 15 minute micro sessions of medium speed freestyle Shadowfighting w/ 2 Blades.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Re: The Road.

Post by DARTH » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 am

Thursday 12-15-11

Random reps of striking patterns and footwork, est. 30 minutes overall.

4-5:30PM
Tossing, splitting, carting and stacking wood.

Skipped Class, stuff to do.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:49 am

Sat- Jujutsu/Combatives
11 am - 1pm

Nerf Swords with the Boy's 4-5pm
A great way to teach your Son's elements of FMA, JuJutsu and weapons handling as well as toughen them up while keeping it fun and safe.
Also good for Dad, as when your sparring a 9 year old built like a 12 year old and a 6 year old ball busterwho thinks he's Bumble Bee the Autobot (and does a pretty good job of imitating his movements-It's freakish!) at the same time you get to use your footwork and other elements while you enjoy time with the boy's.

Sunday- Hanging Drywall.

Monday- AM Light Yoga 30 minutes.
PM Tossing, splitting and stacking wood 1 hour.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:47 am

Tuesday 8-9:45pm JuJutsu/Combatives

Kind of felt off so other than teaching and demoing techniques I did no real training myself besides 10 minutes of some Aiki connection stuff with Lord Chugg.

Weds. Jack Shit. Make up for it tomorrow with wood chores and cleaning the chimney.

`

Mike Mahler
Gunny

Post by Mike Mahler » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:48 am

Cool stuff Dylan and if I don't talk to you before Xmas and New years, Merry Xmas and happy new year to you and your family. Great seeing you in Oct! I will be back to VA in May and look forward to hanging out again.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:38 am

Sick as fuck since last Tuesday night, fucking chest cold from Hell.

But the Cold don't give a fuck about my cold and I was running out of split wood so whit lungs feling like 50% I went out and split wood for 30 minutes.

Fucking sucked, spitting flim every few breaths, head plugged up and that wonderfull feeling of a pounding headach.

But hey I broke a good sweat, so fuck it goes down here.

At least I feel better than yesterday, I have a fucking tree to drag out of the woods this weekend, I hope I'm better.