Occlusion Training Log

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Occlusion Training Log

Post by T200 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:45 pm

First, this log will probably be abandoned shortly if history tells me anything.

Second, I have decided to undertake some occlusion training in addition to my regular training (currently 5-6 days, sometimes twice a day if my wife is also lifting). Just to see what it's like. Doing it for four weeks in theory.

If you want a copy of the article I am using as a template then either e-mail, PM or text me depending on what info you have.

The basics of it are this:

- 3 sessions per week for 4 weeks.
- Occlusion at the brachial arteries for benching and femoral arteries for squatting.
- Bench = 20% 1RM. 1X30, 3X20. 45 second rest periods.
- Squat = 20% 1RM. 1X30, 3X20. 45 second rest periods.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Occlusion Training Log

Post by T200 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Day 1 – Monday, 1-2-12

- Attempted BP @ 65lbs. Perhaps tied the tubing way too tight or else I am a pussy. Made it through two sets. Needed help getting tubing off right arm due to extreme left pec cramping. Very painful, not just cramp but the occlusion itself. Lost feeling in hands, didn’t recover full sensation for at least 30 minutes.

- Left pec was tight all day.

- Attempted squats approximately 90 minutes later. Managed all sets [email protected] 85lbs. Very difficult. Conditioning is a factor. Lower back pump was crazy as fuck (like 1000mg test + 100mg D-Bol). Pump was so extreme I applied a ton of Nicoflex and was in actual pain for about 30 minutes.

- All day pump (visible in upper body) lasted until at least 9:30PM. Kind of had a “runner’s euphoria” thing going on too all day. Shoulders, neck and traps pumped as hell. The training itself bordered on being in an altered state.

- Quads sore as fuck the next day and still today.

- Day 1 verdict: This shit sucks. But I will continue to attempt it due to the amusement factor for both myself and others in the gym.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm

We really need a video of a set or two and you getting tied up.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Holy shit this is crazy.

I need to try this with my neck training.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 am

How 'bout a cockring and some hack squats?
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Day 2 - Wednesday 1-4-12

- Bench press more successful today with lessened restriction. Completed all sets, no issues. Actually kind of easy. Will add 10lbs perhaps.

- Right thumb did lose feeling for a little bit. Maybe like a half hour.

- Squat sucked fucking balls again. Low back pump not any easier today but managed it better. I did real squats (SSB niggas) first and that didn't help any. My feeling is that leg press would be a better option for this but we don't have that shit at the gym I work at and I am certain my wife does not want me to make a spectacle of myself at the other gym by tying tubing high up my thighs and rolling around on the floor between sets.

- Quad pain from the last workout still high going in but subsided almost completely for an hour or so after completing the occlusion sets. About equally sore to yesterday morning today.

- Euphoria did set in again and last all day. That said, I also took a Tramadol and smoked some Lemon Haze.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Cool. A training log from T200. I hope it lasts at least a couple of pages.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:43 pm

LOL I quit!

Sorry, Mickey.

Day 3 - Friday 1-6-12

- Did the bench portion slowly with strict attention to form and pause reps. Arms felt like they were going to explode.

- Ran out time and didn't get to do legs.

- Regardless as the night rolled on (I did this at like 6PM) shit got crazy. At 8ish I smoked a ton of sativa that made me super fucking paranoid and the pump I got from the occlusion kept increasing. It felt like my arms had a fountain of blood coursing through them until about midnight (like a sensation of a garden hose being inside my arm and just flowing). Odd and uncomfortable feeling but not painful. The weed made me think I would die any second though from a blood clot and I considered going to the ER. I didn't go ultimately and just waited for the weed to wear off. Pump lasted until about midnight and maybe longer but I just went to sleep around then.

Friday Night Pump to extreme.

Anyway, whether it does shit or not I am done with it 'cause it is crazy uncomfortable. Also my arms are all bruised up where the tubing was tied.

Not much soreness to report though.