Don't Call it a Comeback 2.0

Post your training journals here if you like. I'll make back-ups to avoid losing your data.

Moderator: Dux

newguy

Re: Don't Call it a Comeback 2.0

Post by newguy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:30 pm

Sun 7/28
20 minutes -
just did stuff with the 16 on the minute. Snatches, one arm swings, h2h swings, etc. Did not really keep track. Tried to keep it mostly to about 30 seconds work, 30 seconds rest.
24kg swings - 10 on the minute - 4:00
Goblet squats - rotated between 24kg and 16kg. Low reps (1 to 5) - just playing with the movement.
--
REALLY hot. I was tired. Just got in a session to try and break a sweat and move around a little.

newguy

Re: Don't Call it a Comeback 2.0

Post by newguy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Mon 7/29
Jog/run - home to 1st bridge, normal rest breaks, short accelerations during long stretch
Great jog/run. Probably my best yet of the "season." Legs felt strong. I was able to move with more power. My natural slow pace is getting quicker. I'm not what I would call running yet. Still jogging. But getting there.
Accelerations - I've run this route for years and know it as well as I know anything. During what I dub "the long stretch" there are some natural points (trees, bottom/top of an incline, etc.) where I will just speed up for a bit. I keep it random. Maybe I go a little faster. Maybe I break into a strong run. Short burst and then I jog it out. I guess it's just doing fartlek but that is a stupid word.
-
Tue 7/30
Off