Bryce Lane's Booklet of Bodyweight Power

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
grey

Bryce Lane's Booklet of Bodyweight Power

Post by grey »

Shaf has posted an review of several of Bryce's booklets here.

This literally is a booklet. 12 pages of heavy paper (almost light cardboard) with a gold clasp holding them together. This is designed as a progressive program with 3 levels. Each level consists of two workout days that each consist of three exercises. Bryce offers progressions and regressions for each exercise. I have never seen any of these exercises before. The only piece of equipment required to do the program is a length of rope that is 30’ long and 1“ to 2” thick. In addition to the program there is a page devoted to jumps and another page titled “The Outrage Page” with some pretty difficult exercises using the ropes.

I have to admit that at first I was a bit disappointed in the product. In these days of high gloss, full color books it’s strange to get a something presented in such a basic way. After reviewing the booklet I’m glad I made the purchase. In addition to getting a ton of new exercises to add to the arsenal - the rope exercises are especially cool I’ve got a straightforward simple (not easy!) program to implement when it suits me.

I don’t have a rope yet and thus have not followed the program so I can not vouch for its efficacy. However, it appears to be a program that would develop strength, endurance and power. I paid $21.16 for this product including shipping and handling. All in all a worthy find and worth the money. That said I don't think someone that isn't going to follow the program is going to get anything out of it. Unlike a lot of products out there - great ones too - this isn't something you are going to fawn over and spend a lot of time reading and going back to. If you are more interested in reading fitness literature than working out avoid this at all costs. You will not understand it.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Bryce Lane's Booklet of Bodyweight Power

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Bryce's materials are not for the person who wants it all laid out.

They are very good at sparking some of your own creativity.

The "B-Circuits" can get brutally tough.

Topic author
grey

Post by grey »

I like his material: you take a couple of movements/lifts and you work the shit out of them. I hate doing a bunch of different lifts or movements in my workouts. Between the jm and js and the other little things that sneak in there I've got enough to do.

Where is are the instructions for this "B circuit" that you speak of?
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

It may have been another article.

B-Circuit

Explosive Partial Movement (jumps for height) ~ 5 reps
Explosive Full Movement (descend into full squat then jump for height) ~5 reps
Slow, deliberate full movement (full squats, squeezing muscles, slow) ~10 reps

Do this with anything you can think of...done it with push ups.