Arrow

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Arrow

Post by Holland Oates »

Green Arrow on the CW and streaming on Netflix.

It's pretty damned good for what it is.

They've tweaked the origin and a few characters but ti's well worth the watch. The ongoing origin story is what makes it great.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Arrow

Post by Pinky »

I watched it for a while because I did like the part focused on his origin, but the rest was bad enough that I lost interest.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Pinky wrote:I watched it for a while because I did like the part focused on his origin, but the rest was bad enough that I lost interest.
That island shit is worse than "Lost". I have no fucking clue what the hell is going on there.
Tantum validus superstes

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Cave Canem wrote:
Pinky wrote:I watched it for a while because I did like the part focused on his origin, but the rest was bad enough that I lost interest.
That island shit is worse than "Lost". I have no fucking clue what the hell is going on there.
It seemed like it was going somewhere at first, but it didn't get there before I stopped watching.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

It was so bad I couldn't get through half the first episode I tried watching.

What the fuck is wrong with you, EZ?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

baffled wrote:It was so bad I couldn't get through half the first episode I tried watching.

Wipe off the lipstick motherfucker I'm going in dry.

And I like it because it's fucking light viewing and has a lot of the characters I grew up reading about.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Ed Zachary wrote:
baffled wrote:It was so bad I couldn't get through half the first episode I tried watching.

And I like it because it's fucking light viewing and has a lot of the characters I grew up reading about.
First kettlebells, now this shit. Why not just strap on the foot gloves and start a wicked metcon block?
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

baffled wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:

First kettlebells, now this shit. Why not just strap on the foot gloves and start a wicked metcon block?
LMFAO

I've owned a pair vibrams for 6 or 7 years and I am a reformed @fitter.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Ed Zachary wrote:
baffled wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:

LMFAO

What. A. Fag.

me too.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

baffled wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:
baffled wrote:
Ed Zachary wrote:

LMFAO

What. A. Fag.

me too.
Funny thing is some guys were bagging on @fit on facebook and I chimed in, then I realized the fattest guy commenting(me) was the only former @fitter.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill »

i would stick it in arrow's sister, she would fit in well on the Pixie thread. i would also put it in the blonde IT girl's large jewess arse.

too many shirtless men, not enough shirtless women. (applies to CF too)
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

JamesonBushmill wrote:i would stick it in arrow's sister, she would fit in well on the Pixie thread. i would also put it in the blonde IT girl's large jewess arse.

too many shirtless men, not enough shirtless women. (applies to CF too)
All the women on the show are pretty bangable. It's just a matter of selecting a batting order. I'd start with Ollie's mom but that's just cause I'm an old bastard. I'd save Felicity for last.
Tantum validus superstes

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Kind of a weird amalgam of Green Arrow, General Hospital, Batman, and Lost (mostly the last three). Not the Green Arrow I hoped for, but reasonably dark. Still, as EZ said, there's just enough good stuff to make it enjoyable for comic book fans. Captain Jack is much better with limey direction and dialogue tho.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Cave Canem wrote:All the women on the show are pretty bangable. It's just a matter of selecting a batting order. I'd start with Ollie's mom but that's just cause I'm an old bastard. I'd save Felicity for last.
This!!!
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.