2020 Hopeful Kamala: ICE = KKK LOLOLOLOL

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

2020 Hopeful Kamala: ICE = KKK LOLOLOLOL

Post by Fat Cat »

Kamala Harris compares ICE to KKK, gets slammed for 'disgusting,' 'horrifying' remarks

California Democrat and likely 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris drew fury after comparing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to the Ku Klux Klan during a hearing on Capitol Hill.

She asked Ronald Vitiello, President Trump's nominee to lead ICE, whether he shares what she said was the public’s view that ICE was spreading fear and mistrust, in particular among immigrant communities, the same way the KKK did.

“Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?,” she asked.

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?"

— Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
The comparison prompted outrage, with RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel slamming Harris for “disgusting” partisanship. “Kamala Harris is trying to launch her 2020 campaign off of comparing ICE officers to the KKK, and it's absolutely disgusting,” she tweeted.

“What utter, complete & horrifying disrespect for our law enforcement officers. I get she’s auditioning for 2020, but come on...,” wrote GOP spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany.

Harris pointed out to Vitiello’s controversial tweet from 2015 in which he said the Democratic Party was comparable to a “liberal-cratic” or “neo-Klanist” entity. The nominee apologized and admitted that those words were offensive.

“What is the history that would then make those words wrong?” the Democrat then asked, prompting Vitiello to say that the KKK would be labeled as a domestic terrorist group by today’s standards and was motivated by race and ethnicity.

But Vitiello pushed back against Harris’ line of questioning, saying “I do not see any parallels” between the immigration enforcement agency and the white supremacist group and inquired whether she was asking him if the two were in the same category.

“No, I'm very specific in what I'm asking you. Are you aware of a perception that the way that they ..." Harris went on, before the nominee snapped back saying, “I see none.”

“Are you aware that there is a perception that ICE is administering its power in a way that is causing fear and intimidation, particularly among immigrants and specifically among immigrants coming from Mexico and Central America?” she asked again.

Harris ended her questioning asking whether Vitiello can lead the agency if he’s not aware of the negative views toward it.

“It seems to me that you would understand that when you use words like the words you used just three short years ago, that that would contribute to that perception,” Harris said. “And it's harmful then, it's harmful, in terms of the mission of the agency and the work of the individuals there. And it is harmful in terms of leading — innocent people arriving at our border fleeing harm, it is harmful to them.”

Harris is widely rumored to be considering a run for Democratic Party’s 2020 presidential nomination. She recently visited Iowa, one of the first primary states, and swing states such as Ohio, raising speculation that she’s building her national image before the election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala ... ice-to-kkk
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Re: 2020 Hopeful Kamala: ICE = KKK LOLOLOLOL

Post by nafod »

Sigh, manufactured outrage...getting old from both sides.

You did manage to quote where the nominee acknowledged his 2015 KKK reference, resulting in mirror image outrage I am sure, was wrong. Sowing and reaping...
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

ICE is dumb. It came out in like 2003 to stop terrorists, and it's jailing toddlers.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Gee, I wonder if there was any context to her line of questioning in a nomination process?

Harris pointed out to Vitiello’s controversial tweet from 2015 in which he said the Democratic Party was comparable to a “liberal-cratic” or “neo-Klanist” entity. The nominee apologized and admitted that those words were offensive.

“What is the history that would then make those words wrong?” the Democrat then asked, prompting Vitiello to say that the KKK would be labeled as a domestic terrorist group by today’s standards and was motivated by race and ethnicity...

“It seems to me that you would understand that when you use words like the words you used just three short years ago, that that would contribute to that perception,” Harris said. “And it's harmful then, it's harmful, in terms of the mission of the agency and the work of the individuals there.”

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I don't follow. The KKK was, for at least part of its time, a domestic terror group. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement division is just that, a government agency.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm Sigh, manufactured outrage...getting old from both sides.

You did manage to quote where the nominee acknowledged his 2015 KKK reference, resulting in mirror image outrage I am sure, was wrong. Sowing and reaping...
My bad guys, I did not read the comments in order. Nafod, totally agree about the manufactured outrage. To me though, this is high humor, not outrage. It's funny because she thinks that this is going to get her elected.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:32 pm I don't follow. The KKK was, for at least part of its time, a domestic terror group. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement division is just that, a government agency.
So what is the nominated head of ICE doing calling the democratic party a domestic terrorist group?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:37 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:32 pm I don't follow. The KKK was, for at least part of its time, a domestic terror group. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement division is just that, a government agency.
So what is the nominated head of ICE doing calling the democratic party a domestic terrorist group?
Acting like an ass? You have it wrong if you think I'm defending dumb statements like that, but it was three years ago, the person apologized, and perhaps most importantly, that person is not lining up a run for the big ticket. In that light, there's a clear difference.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 pm
Acting like an ass? You have it wrong if you think I'm defending dumb statements like that, but it was three years ago, the person apologized, and perhaps most importantly, that person is not lining up a run for the big ticket. In that light, there's a clear difference.
No big difference, they're both "lined up" for something, both being vetted, and he's being made to answer for his dumb shit comments that weigh upon his worthiness to the position. Held to account, as it were.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

The part you seem to be missing is that her words were a turn of the table on him. She was mocking his idiocy.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Thud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:42 pm
No big difference, they're both "lined up" for something, both being vetted, and he's being made to answer for his dumb shit comments that weigh upon his worthiness to the position. Held to account, as it were.
Lemme get this straight: he was wrong to compare the Democratic Party to terrorists, but she's in the right to compare ICE to the KKK? That's an interesting, by which I mean retarded, stance to take.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Thud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Lemme get this straight: he was wrong to compare the Democratic Party to terrorists, but she's in the right to compare ICE to the KKK? That's an interesting, by which I mean retarded, stance to take.
Shes saying "you've likened the democratic party to the KKK; how does it feel to yourself as the nomited head of ICE, and all the people who work for it, if ICE is labeled similarly. WHat do you think of officials who are reckless with such attacks (like yourself) on well meaning employees?"

She's not calling ICE the KKK, she's turning his words on him.

Her big miscalculation was in thinking people like you could detect the context and mockery of him.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

So we agree that it was a clumsy and ineffective line from a woman who will never be president. I'm ever so relieved.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:15 pm So we agree that it was a clumsy and ineffective line from a woman who will never be president. I'm ever so relieved.

Your apology is accepted.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:35 pm
nafod wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:52 pm Sigh, manufactured outrage...getting old from both sides.

My bad guys, I did not read the comments in order. Nafod, totally agree about the manufactured outrage. To me though, this is high humor, not outrage. It's funny because she thinks that this is going to get her elected.
I believe she will be our next President.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pmI believe she will be our next President.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

nafod wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pm I believe she will be our next President.
Electing a black President will greatly improve race relations.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

johno wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:22 am
nafod wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:49 pm I believe she will be our next President.
Electing a black President will greatly improve race relations.

Americans Would Feel Safer If a Huge Caravan of Angry White Men Left the Country

By Andy Borowitz

November 1, 2018

MINNESOTA (The Borowitz Report)—A vast majority of Americans would feel significantly safer if an enormous caravan consisting of angry white men left the country, a new poll indicates.

The poll, conducted by the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research Institute, suggests that the concept of an angry-white-male caravan could be the most wildly popular policy proposal in the run-up to Tuesday’s midterm elections.

In an indication of just how much support the proposal has, many Americans said that they would personally contribute gas money to help get the caravan on its way.

Despite the popularity of the caravan, however, there was disagreement over what the optimal number of angry white men to depart with it would be, with some suggesting a figure of twenty thousand and others preferring a number as high as forty million.

Additionally, the implementation of such a caravan could face major obstacles; the survey indicates that both Mexican and Canadian voters overwhelmingly oppose any influx whatsoever of angry white American males.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Who, Kamala?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

JimZipCode wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 am
Who, Kamala?
Yup

Johno, she's more Indian (India) than Jamaican by upbringing.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

nafod wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:51 pm
Johno, she's more Indian (India) than Jamaican by upbringing.

Barack was half white, raised by his white mother & grandparents in Hawaii. But no one marketed him as either Hawaiian or as white.

So it will be with Kamala, as long as she's at least 1/1024th black.

W.B. Yeats

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Thud wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:08 pm Shes saying "you've likened the democratic party to the KKK; how does it feel to yourself as the nomited head of ICE, and all the people who work for it, if ICE is labeled similarly. WHat do you think of officials who are reckless with such attacks (like yourself) on well meaning employees?"

She's not calling ICE the KKK, she's turning his words on him.

If only she had made her point as succinctly as you did. (If that was her point.) She was needlessly argumentative, meandering, and incoherent.

W.B. Yeats

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Lest we forget what happened earlier in what must have been the trump presidency.

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Every time that dimwit talks it is great for the Republicans.

Thanks to Barrack, gonna be a long time before another black Or even 1/1024th Black President,

Willie’s Girl is just entertainment value.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

President Kamala Harris, start getting used to it now. The sting will go away eventually. Or not.