Covid news

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

The real reason for the thread is to check if I can actually post. The topic is interesting nevertheless. There is virtually no covid in Australia, and even as the clinician I have not come across a single patient.

How are things covid wise in the US of A? I know the stats, more or less, which doesn't tell the full story. A friend of mine is an anaesthetist in California, and his impression of the epidemic is different from that in the media. So, dear American friends, how do things feel on the ground? Lockdowns? Masks? Boosters?

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

By the way, after I hit the "submit" button I got the message "Tried to redirect to potentially insecure url." What's up?

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by baffled »

Sangoma wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am The real reason for the thread is to check if I can actually post. The topic is interesting nevertheless. There is virtually no covid in Australia, and even as the clinician I have not come across a single patient.

How are things covid wise in the US of A? I know the stats, more or less, which doesn't tell the full story. A friend of mine is an anaesthetist in California, and his impression of the epidemic is different from that in the media. So, dear American friends, how do things feel on the ground? Lockdowns? Masks? Boosters?
I'm in one of the more conservative counties in California and I see about 50/50 masked to not.

Most people I know are vaxxed. I have yet to see anyone flip out over people being too close or confronting someone else for not masking up. Just over the county line a family friend was part of like 5 people who all were more or less calling each other retarded over masks. It was at a crafts store or something I think
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

Sangoma wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am even as the clinician I have not come across a single patient.
Improper use of the definite article, Slav detected.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

In Texas. You have a minority of scared people, most everyone else is going about their life at this point.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by baffled »

I will note that you'll see a lot of people masking alone on walks, in their cars etc, but nobody ever hassles anyone. Everyone pretty much just leaves each other alone up here.

Our sheriff put out a release at the beginning that they wouldn't be doing any covid enforcement ie, masks or lockdown stuff. Local police chief followed inside of a day. By last fall 2020, masks were 50/50 and then ticked down, and now back up a bit.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Sangoma »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:55 pm
Sangoma wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am even as the clinician I have not come across a single patient.
Improper use of the definite article, Slav detected.
Guilty. Fuck. Ze fuck.

Bennyonesix1

Covid news

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

What is wrong with your brain?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

baffled wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 am I will note that you'll see a lot of people masking alone on walks, in their cars etc,
That's the one that kills me. Driving, alone, masked. I think some people just like to be punished. My state is full of rule-following Asian-Americans and EVERYONE wears masks in public places. It has made fuck all difference, of coarse, but there you are.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy.
It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by tough old man »

I havent followed the mask mandate. Only when required at work. Fuck it, deliver my groceries and Ill shop Amazon. I will stay on my kayak fishing and everyone else can FO.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

motherjuggs&speed
Gunny

Covid news

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:35 pm
I think some people just like to be punished.
I think this accounts for a lot of the problems we have. People blame the sadists and tyrants but a lot of the horrors wouldn't happen without people's willingness to keep getting done. This includes me. It took me a long time to understand my own complicity.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:35 pm
baffled wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 am I will note that you'll see a lot of people masking alone on walks, in their cars etc,
That's the one that kills me. Driving, alone, masked. I think some people just like to be punished. My state is full of rule-following Asian-Americans and EVERYONE wears masks in public places. It has made fuck all difference, of coarse, but there you are.
As an update, I stopped by the Walmart neighborhood store and probably 80% of people were masked. Lots of people kept them on all the way to their cars from what I could tell.

I don't get it.
- Buck Brannaman

Ronald RayGun
Gunny

Covid news

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Here in stunning Central Oregon, people firmly don't give a fuck. I love them.