No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

User avatar

Bram
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 7147
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:38 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bram »

Spoke with a former resident of Prague and she said that Putin was copying Stalin and Hitler's playbook with the land grab. And just like then, the West was doing nothing.

Regardless of any of that, innocent people's lives are being destroyed.

Picture is people fleeing Kyiv this morning:

Image
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."


Luke
Gunny
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Luke »

I guess the possibility of invasion and history have been the hot topics here - but what happens next?

User avatar

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11452
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:54 pm
It sounds like the airport is back in Ukrainian hands and 200 Russian paratroopers are dead. Video of air defenses shooting down a bunch of Russian aircraft tonight. Ukrainians not rolling over.

Despite the criticisms, it seems like the US intelligence community did a pretty super job and the Ukrainians are determined to deny Putin a quick victory. Elected Republicans aren't being as shitty as the Bannon crowd overall.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.


Luke
Gunny
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Luke »

The fightback has been heartening to see.

I read that a UKR pilot may have become an ace already (it's probably propaganda though).


Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5992
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Wild Bill »

nafod wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:11 pm WB, do you have any Ukrainian friends?

We talked at work today.
It turns out one is from Ukraine, and fled from Odessa to Russia.
He fully supports the invasion. He says what happened in Odessa should be punished.
And the second works remotely from Ukraine, but we were afraid to ask him, because he might swear to us :)


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

This I am sure if I do the recommended amount of mind-killing is a sign of competence by US gov.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/25/us/p ... tw-nytimes


motherjuggs&speed
Top
Posts: 1192
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

There should soon be a good supply of Ukrainian au pairs at discount rates.


motherjuggs&speed
Top
Posts: 1192
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Bram wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:25 am
Picture is people fleeing Kyiv this morning:

Image
War the Russian army going all Chance and Vukovich against the traffic.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

For Pol history fans will appreciate the fact that The World Island has been lost.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Like I said, neolibs will have to settle for attacking bad whites since they let their Empire collapse.


User avatar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 41334
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Fat Cat »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:23 am Despite the criticisms, it seems like the US intelligence community did a pretty super job and the Ukrainians are determined to deny Putin a quick victory.
I was speaking with someone last night about this and made the same point. The US had limited options, but straight out said, "Putin's gonna do X, Y, and Z and all his appeals are bullshit and lies, he's already made the call." And sure enough, Putin did X, Y, and Z and all his appeals were bullshit and lies, he had already made the call.

I give them props for that because it erodes the dramatic impact of Putin's performance acting, makes plain the extremely long planning cycle for an operation this size, and allows us to share intelligence credibly with our allies. However, it should be made plain that Ukraine is not going to hold out against Russia in any meaningful way. The thing for the US to do now is set aside petty squabbles, draw close to its allies, and begin to plan for the future. There are many ways to turn this unfortunate series of events into an opportunity for the US.
Image
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

User avatar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 41334
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Fat Cat »

Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:37 am He says what happened in Odessa should be punished.
What happened in Odessa?
Image
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen


Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5992
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Wild Bill »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:03 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:37 am He says what happened in Odessa should be punished.
What happened in Odessa?

Ukrainian Nazis burned about 40 people alive.

User avatar

nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 13009
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:03 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:37 am He says what happened in Odessa should be punished.
What happened in Odessa?

Ukrainian Nazis burned about 40 people alive.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Odessa_clashes
Don’t believe everything you think.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:02 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:23 am Despite the criticisms, it seems like the US intelligence community did a pretty super job and the Ukrainians are determined to deny Putin a quick victory.
I was speaking with someone last night about this and made the same point. The US had limited options, but straight out said, "Putin's gonna do X, Y, and Z and all his appeals are bullshit and lies, he's already made the call." And sure enough, Putin did X, Y, and Z and all his appeals were bullshit and lies, he had already made the call.

I give them props for that because it erodes the dramatic impact of Putin's performance acting, makes plain the extremely long planning cycle for an operation this size, and allows us to share intelligence credibly with our allies. However, it should be made plain that Ukraine is not going to hold out against Russia in any meaningful way. The thing for the US to do now is set aside petty squabbles, draw close to its allies, and begin to plan for the future. There are many ways to turn this unfortunate series of events into an opportunity for the US.
I agree with the general sentiment, but it is impossible without recognition that the past decades have been a disaster. A total abd complete failure on every level except technological.

Currently, those allies have btfo'd us. India and Italy and GER all sabotaged sanctions. And it looks to get worse as the remaining sanctions take their toll on the sanctioners.

Putin wants out of SWIFT to force more hard choices on the US globohomo empire.

More of the same only harder is not going to work. And the ppl in charge are incompetent and many medically insane.

User avatar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 41334
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:54 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:03 pm
Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:37 am He says what happened in Odessa should be punished.
What happened in Odessa?

Ukrainian Nazis burned about 40 people alive.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Odessa_clashes
Thanks guys, I'll read the link.
Image
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen


Gene
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5533
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:18 pm
Location: East USA

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Gene »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:02 pmThere are many ways to turn this unfortunate series of events into an opportunity for the US.
"Never underestimate Joe's capacity to fuck shit up", B.H. Obama, about Joe Biden.
Don't like yourself too much.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Obama was right when he said while President that there was no way to deter Putin re UKR. The leadership ability and desire was gone.


Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5992
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Wild Bill »

Zelensky asks for negotiations.

User avatar

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®
Posts: 41334
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:54 pm
Location: 悪を根付かせるな

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Fat Cat »

Wild Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:34 pm Zelensky asks for negotiations.
Good. I was thinking about this last night. In the aftermath of WWII, Austria was partitioned four ways just like Germany. Part of the agreement for the reformulation of an independent and democratic Austria was that they would remain neutral,and per a 1955 declaration, not join NATO. I don't see why Ukraine, which is obviously not going to ever be part of NATO, can't make a similar declaration and enter into a broker peace as a neutral nation, in exchange for the immediate withdrawal of all Russian forces. Russia's future trajectory isn't bright, to say the least, and simply buying time until Putin isn't around anymore makes way more sense. Like I said in the other thread, time is on our side.
Image
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

User avatar

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 11452
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:02 pm
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:23 am Despite the criticisms, it seems like the US intelligence community did a pretty super job and the Ukrainians are determined to deny Putin a quick victory.
I was speaking with someone last night about this and made the same point. The US had limited options, but straight out said, "Putin's gonna do X, Y, and Z and all his appeals are bullshit and lies, he's already made the call." And sure enough, Putin did X, Y, and Z and all his appeals were bullshit and lies, he had already made the call.

I give them props for that because it erodes the dramatic impact of Putin's performance acting, makes plain the extremely long planning cycle for an operation this size, and allows us to share intelligence credibly with our allies. However, it should be made plain that Ukraine is not going to hold out against Russia in any meaningful way. The thing for the US to do now is set aside petty squabbles, draw close to its allies, and begin to plan for the future. There are many ways to turn this unfortunate series of events into an opportunity for the US.
I don't know what the Ukrainian president's reputation was prior to this, but he appears to be really rising to the occasion as well as their populace as a whole.

Russia's eventual capture of Kyiv seems inevitable given the opposition but holy shit the retired intel and military people on Twitter seem extremely unimpressed with Russian performance. US officials allegedly confirmed two ii-76 aircraft shot down today.

Protests throughout Russia. Putin looked a lot smarter when he was pulling sneaky tricks than he does right now.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.


Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 5992
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Wild Bill »

They already beat down about hundred Russian planes.
Thousands Russian troops are surrendered...

User avatar

Ronald RayGun
Top
Posts: 1214
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:04 am
Location: 612 Wharf Avenue

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Live-streaming a war is fucking weird.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

User avatar

nafod
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 13009
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:01 pm
Location: Looking in your window

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by nafod »

A Yahoo News report in January described a covert CIA training program for elite Ukrainian special operations forces and other intelligence personnel that was launched in 2015 by the Obama administration following Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014. According to the report, the effort included the deployment of CIA paramilitary officers to Ukraine. Such programs mature over time as trust grows between the trainers and their foreign counterparts and as the recipients teach what they have learned to others.

U.S. and Ukrainian officials have long planned for this day. In all likelihood, a covert program to help organize the resistance to Russia already has communications infrastructure, intelligence collection capabilities, and operational plans in place. And the tactics developed to support defensive operations against an invader can transition to those aimed at hobbling an occupying force.
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... insurgency
Don’t believe everything you think.


Bennyonesix1
Top
Posts: 1837
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:51 pm

No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I bring you the chief of Mi6


Post Reply