No fuckin' thank you to sending US troops to Ukraine

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:59 pm I am watching you!
I'm sorry you have to spend time doing that, Bill.

You moved to Kaliningrad didn't you? They're were under an embargo because of the EU. I hope that the Lithuanians see reason and are not too stringent about poking into train boxcars.

Looks like the Germans saw reason.... Guess they remember what happened to the Poles after transit disputes across the Danzig Corridor went south. They don't want to go through that again.

Allegedly the Lithuanians aren't happy. They agreed to join the EU, let them enjoy it.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/eu ... f70de541b2
Last edited by Gene on Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

If anyone is bothered by my sentiments to Bill.

During the Vietnam War US soldiers put on Tunnel Rat duty would sweep underground hospitals. These served the National Liberation Front or NVA. Now and then they would find care packages from either the US based Quaker Friends Committee or from the University of California at Berkeley.

"In February 1967, AQAG chartered a sailing vessel loaded with medical supplies, particularly penicillin, and sailed it into Haiphong harbour in North Vietnam. While there, they were able to create contacts between the North Vietnamese and other peace organisations, such as the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom. On their return to the US, all the crew had their passports confiscated."

https://www.quakersintheworld.org/quake ... ietnam-War

The mention of donations from U Cal Berkeley came from Joseph T Ward's "Dear Mom A Sniper's Vietnam". Messed up his head thinking about protests and "donations" from back home while he was in the field.

There is also Jane Fonda's photo op with PAVN gunners. Wonder if any of our people in POW status got thumped for not talking with her?
fonda.jpg
fonda.jpg (418.99 KiB) Viewed 72 times
There may be CIA paramilitaries and Green Berets in Ukraine. How would I know?

There were regular Soldiers and Marines in Vietnam. Some cleared tunnels to find medical supplies that originated from Berkeley or the Quakers. I'd reckon that some of those "radicals" at Berkeley probably taught some of Joe Biden's staff.

I can be nice/cordial to Bill if Jane Fonda and the radicals got a pass for helping out the North Vietnamese and National Liberation Front while our people were being killed by both.
Don't like yourself too much.