I HAVE A BEEHIVE IN THE WALL

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

16 lbs of raw honey every 2 weeks.
What the fuck? Did nobody else notice this? This had me laughing for at least 5 minutes, you goofy bastard.

That's close to 1600 calories in fucking HONEY a day. That's still all simple sugars, Anthony.

What the hell else do you eat?

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

CRUSADER wrote:I go through about 16 lbs of raw honey every 2 weeks.
Okay, so at least the avatar is explained.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Thanks alot for all the help Jack. well I used raid with permethrin and tetramethrin. drilled holes in drywall where I here them buzz ( on the outside wall they swarm there near the underside of the roof). I inserted a small hose and sprayed the raid in. I used a few holes.

one bee came inside from somewhere. I could tell one of the holes where I applied the raid did agitate them.

they are not very active at night but its weird I can hear that buzz frequency clearly.

I am 99% sure they are honey bees. yellow/orange with black stripes no hair on abdomen . the thorax has some hair, black head and legs.

I caulked the inside of the closet where there was a drywall gap with the floor and they were coming in thru there.

I have an idea of the outside entrance's location , I will spray at sunrise...

I guess a little here a little there eventually they will go away.

I dont want to take apart the walls looking for the nest, let the ants eat it and earn their keep!

Any natural essential oil they dont like?

Thanks again Jack it's a big help._

Shaf
Honey is one of the greatest foods it never spoils and is antimicrobial it will also heal wounds.
It IS NOT a simple sugar It does NOT dump into the blood but gives steady energy.

I mainly have it in green tea / cofee and protien drinks.

they know me at the grocery store cause I used to complain when they couldnt keep it in stock cause I get the raw uncooked unfiltered kind.

Samson ate honey , dont forget.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Maybe the bees have come to avenge your honey theft. 8-[
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Jack wrote:
CRUSADER wrote:after they die i need to caulk up the entry they made under the roof outside.

they sleep at night.

I am a do it your selfer.. I love honey and bees but not in my house...like 4 or 5 at a time every few minutes were coming inside the house!
Just saw this.

Nope, don't do it. If they can't get out one way, they will stop at nothing to get out another. The other could be your living room and it won't be just 4 or 5 at a time. I've seen it happen.

Find out for sure, wasps or bees.
I wont caulk it till winter or if I am sure they are dead for a while. Only inside holes where they get in the house.

what about traps outside Jack?

I bought a small trap for yellowjackets ( havent used it yet) It's a small container about 40% full of liquid with a small hole in the lid.

I guess the liquid attracts 'em the go in, then drown before finding the hole they went in.

Couldn't I make a bigger one out of one of those rubbermaid boxes with some honey/ water mix?

I dont think poisin is in the mix I think it's supposed to smell like nectar and they end up drowning.

So if I make my house uncomfortable enuf they will find somewhere else to go.

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

CP wrote:Maybe the bees have come to avenge your honey theft. 8-[
It could be they smell it ...maybe I should be a beekeeper!

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Would that be a beneficial career move? Does the military have beekeepers?

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

I am not in the USMC anymore. but getting my honey for free would be nice and I dont want to kill em. as long as I can manage to keep em from getting in my living space or being a hazard I am ok with thier presence. we'll see how it goes tommorow . In the day is when they are swarming and coming in the house.

I'll see if that trap I bought fills up with them then if it does I'll improvise a large one.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Sounds like a plan, good luck. I would have moved into a hotel already.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

CRUSADER wrote:I am not in the USMC anymore. but getting my honey for free would be nice and I dont want to kill em. as long as I can manage to keep em from getting in my living space or being a hazard I am ok with thier presence. we'll see how it goes tommorow . In the day is when they are swarming and coming in the house.

I'll see if that trap I bought fills up with them then if it does I'll improvise a large one.
I've known a few guys that keep bees. They live in the sticks (of coarse), but they all enjoy it. Depending upon which kind of farms you live around, you can get some really tasty honey-- some kinds are better than others.

You ought to check it out, you might enjoy it Anthony.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

You could be a beekeeper.

My old man used to keep bees. We had honey and beeswax coming out of our ears after a few years.

The first time he went out to work on the hives in his bee gear, the dogs went with him. They never did again, and would growl and go someplace else if they saw him walk by with his suit on.

It's best if you have fields of clover and stuff nearby. I actually do buy local honey because it's supposedly beneficial for allergies to the local pollen. A few folks in my family have a bit of a problem in season and it does seem to help.

If you aren't using local, raw honey right now, you should go find some. Really, you'll notice the difference.

I don't think Samson ate a pound of honey every day, though.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

I buy local honey for the same reason and it's way better than that mass produced stuff.

My Kids and I only use natural Peanut butter and Raw Honey now, finaly got the Ol' Lady trained to not by Skipppy and the Honey Bear and no white bread either..

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

DARTH wrote:I buy local honey for the same reason and it's way better than that mass produced stuff.

My Kids and I only use natural Peanut butter and Raw Honey now, finaly got the Ol' Lady trained to not by Skipppy and the Honey Bear and no white bread either..
Mass produced honey is almost always clover. Very light in color, very bland in taste. It's the MacDonald's of honey.

Honeybees are making a comeback locally, in spite of Colony Collapse. When I was growing up, they were ubiquitous. Hundreds of them at a time, working on a flowering bush or on the clover in a lawn. Then foulbrood and mites killed the wild hives and you didn't see them anymore.

Now in the last two years, I've gone from seeing ONE honeybee in our yard to seeing a dozen or so at a time. Still nothing like when I was a boy, but it's getting better.

Most people have no idea how much our food supply depends on honeybees.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Well I think they are all dead. oh well . Not sooo happy but I know they will find someplace better.

I am sure beekeeping would be good but I am sure code enforcement and the neighbors prolly wont think so...

I make a piture of strong green tea with 8 bags and then maybe a half pound of honey.
the result is strong so I cut it with cold water and that is my drink for all day and the night.

If its cofee I use a pound.

It does keep me from getting sick especially throat ailments...it is a natural healer and good for energy.

I also really like the " ultra 40" liver pills from beverly international.

I go thru 1 bottle a month. Its good for work cause I dont get hungry I just take labout 7 every 2 hours thru the work day.

it prevents catabolism

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Jack wrote:My advice is get a pro, and get the honey bee nest fully removed.

It's a biomass, it will rot. And if that rotten beehive smell, along with the putrid honey smell and dead thousands of larvae smell permeates your home, it will not go away. Many old Amish farm houses have that smell as I recall, as they just let em go in the attics for years at a time sometimes.

Dermestid beetles will over-run your home too, think 100,000's of beetles if the nest is even mid-sized.

A $200 problem can become a $2000 problem pretty fast.

I'm not kidding on any of that. IF they are honey bees, think it through.
(Jack, will that secretly get him stung, like, 700,000 times? Cool.)

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Jack wrote:My advice is get a pro, and get the honey bee nest fully removed.

It's a biomass, it will rot. And if that rotten beehive smell, along with the putrid honey smell and dead thousands of larvae smell permeates your home, it will not go away. Many old Amish farm houses have that smell as I recall, as they just let em go in the attics for years at a time sometimes.

Dermestid beetles will over-run your home too, think 100,000's of beetles if the nest is even mid-sized.

A $200 problem can become a $2000 problem pretty fast.

I'm not kidding on any of that. IF they are honey bees, think it through.
AS FR AS i KNOW HONEY DOESNT ROT OR EVER GO BAD I have ants and they were all over the bees I swatted, I would imagine they would get the ones dead in the wall too.

why wouldnt the ants eat up whatevers left?

as for these beetles what kills them? 556?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

WWJD?

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

If Anthony has the faith of a mustard seed he can kill even a large nest and not have it stink.

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

JESUS WAZ BEEKEEPER. KJV SAYS SO. BUD THEES BEES WERE SENT BY satan TO PLAGUE BESREKER
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Jack wrote:He's offically a troll pain in the ass with the whole thing, but the advice is good for folks here who might actually have an issue.

WTF?

BECAUSE I DIDNT HIRE SOMEBODY TO SPRAY RAID?

ASKING FOR ADVICE IS JUST THAT ...IT'S NOT A COMMITMENT TO OBEY.

WELL I WAS STARTING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT ALL THE APPAREL AND OTHER MERCHANDISE I ORDERED OVER THE NET...NOW I FEEL BETTER .
GARM WAS RIGHT!

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

i am just playin trying to be funny. but honestly i dont know what the " troll" thing is about either.

what circles? I DID WHAT I SAID I WAS GONNA DO AND THE PROBLEM IS BASICALLY GONE. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. AND I WOULD'VE HIRED YOU TO DO IT BUT I WAS AFRAID , IF I HAD TO GO TO THE BATHROOM THAT ...WELL ...YOU KNOW...... just forget it.

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

everybodies rifhgt about ME !! OH YEAH!

I AM MR. CONGENIALITY AND DONYOU FUGETIT

YOU PEEKY RAID SPRAYER STOP HARASSING ME!

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

EVEN FAT CAT LIKES ME. I AM A US MARINE

YOU WILL NOT LAUGH YOU WILL NOT CRY

YOU WILL LEARN BY THE NUMBERS

I WILL TEACH YOU!!!!

Topic author
CRUSADER
Staff Sergeant

Post by CRUSADER »

Jack wrote:Let us know the bee hive issue turns out. If it was real.
YES IT WAS REAL!!!

I HATE LYING.

OK I HAVE HAD THE OCCAISIONAL INTERLOPER BUT THE HIVE IS DEAD NO BUZZIN IN THE WALL.

I THINK SOMETIMES I GET ONE OR TWO GOING IN THERE THEN COMING OUT IN THE HOUSE...BUT HIVE IS DEAD.

NO SMELL OR BEETLES.I AM SURE MY TRUSTY NINJA RKC ANTS ARE DOING THIER DUTY!

THE ADVICE I USED FROM YOU WAS SPRAY THE OUTSIDE ENTRANCE.

I DID THE HOLES IN THE WALL AS I WROTE IN THE NIGHT ..JUST BEFORE DAWN I SPRAYED A WHOLE CAN AT THE ENTRANCE FROM OUTSIDE.

I HAVE WEEDS AND DANDELIONS AND LITTLE PRETTY WHITE FLOWERS ALL OVER MY YARD ...I THINK THAT IS WHY THEY ARE HERE...I NEED TO MOW MAYBE ONCE PER MONTH OR 3 WEEKS.

THANKS JACK AND I B JUS KIDDIN WITH YOU I AM SURE GARM MADE UP THE WHOLE THING :-k

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

CRUSADER wrote:EVEN FAT CAT LIKES ME. I AM A US MARINE
Crusader is one of my favorite posters.