Right now I'm drinking

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Right now I'm drinking

Post by Fat Cat »

Don't fuck with my buzz.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 am Don't fuck with my buzz.
What is your vodka drinking style?

Do you do small shots and then nibbles? Pour over ice and sip?

I used to be a pour over ice and sip kind of human, but then I read that in Russia vodka is for shots then you eat some snacks and do more shots.

But I have no idea if that is true or not.

The point is that since I've read that, my vodka think is small shots over the course of a night.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 am small shots and then nibbles
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 am
newguy wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 am small shots and then nibbles
Small tits and big nipples?
Attachments
nXz9MOM_d.jpg
nXz9MOM_d.jpg (19.35 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Craft beer is dead.

I was at a hyper local brewery two days ago. They had 6 beers, which is I think is perfectly acceptable for a brewery its size. What is unacceptable is that of the 6 beers five were some form of hazy IPA and the other was their version of a hazy mexican lager. All the beers sucked.

I've seen this at many of the breweries in my area. I was at a brewery known for its belgian beers. I haven't been there in years but this time there were two belgians and all the other beers were variations of New England IPAs. And the belgians were some barrel aged shit.

I liked the New England IPA movement when it was just dial back on the bitterness and up the hop flavor and aroma. Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Elysian Space Dust. Even Waldo's Ale from Lagunitas.

But this juicy hazy shit...my palate just can't take it. A milkshake IPA???? Fuck that shit.

Whatever. I am drinking the Raging Bitch Belgian IPA right now. A great beer from back in the day.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I'm not much of a beer guy but I have to admit I'm totally into the Gose (sour) stuff. At first, about a year or so ago when I heard about it, I was like, no fuckin' way am I drinking that shit. Then my son said stop being a pussy and try it. So I ordered one and finished it. And then I got another. It's my go to now other than Guinness if I'm going to have a beer.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Shapecharge wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:50 pm I'm not much of a beer guy but I have to admit I'm totally into the Gose (sour) stuff. At first, about a year or so ago when I heard about it, I was like, no fuckin' way am I drinking that shit. Then my son said stop being a pussy and try it. So I ordered one and finished it. And then I got another. It's my go to now other than Guinness if I'm going to have a beer.
I've not really jumped into the whole gose thing. Really because when I see the word gose my mind automatically translates it to either gross or goose.

I'm not drinking gross shit. I don't care if I'm on fear factor and I think Joe Rogan is going to be sad that I didn't. Amazing Race and my partner and I are going to fall disastrously behind if I don't drink soured milk mixed with the toe nails of grandmothers? I don't give a fuck. I will lose that leg of the race and I don't care.

But what if my mind is thinking Goose?

Too sad. I've watched Top Gun too many times and it still hurts my heart.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

A true gose, without any gayed up fruit puree, is more salty than sour. They're great on hot summer days.

Agree w the "craft beer is dead" sentiment. I'm not so pissed about the barrel aging as I am about fucking pastry stouts. Why are they putting goddamned tiramisu in beer? The milkshake IPAs and other nonsense (looking at you The Veil brewing) are gonna be done soon. Follow dontdrinkbeers on Instagram, some hilarious commentary on the state of craft beer, traders, etc.

I really don't think it'll actually die tho, likely just shrink and shift. Sours are already dead. West coast IPA is dead. You'll end up w a few NEIPA veterans (treehouse, Bissell, alchemist) but tastes are shifting. Lagers are the next big thing. Jack's Abby is doing some awesome kellerbiers. Everyone has at least a Pils or two now, even Treehouse.

In short... CRAFT BEER IS DEAD, LONG LIVE CRAFTIER BEER
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Right now I'm drinking Monkey Shoulder. It's a scotch running about $32 a bottle. It's a blend but a blend of three different single malts. Blended Scotch can contain up to 49% grain spirits and it's rare to have a blend made up of 100% malted whiskys. The three single malts are Glenfiddich, The Balvenie and Kininvie (which I've never heard of.)

I don't claim any kind of expertise on scotch, but, to me, this is a smooth approachable scotch. I think it holds its own with many single malts costing twice as much.

If you like dark smoky scotch, this is not for you. I think it's tasty and a terrific value.

Monkey Shoulder, btw, is a malady suffered by old-time distillery workers who turned the peat all day. The repetitive shoveling motion left them with one arm hanging, sort of like a monkey. I think it's cute to name your whisky after a crippling occupational hazard.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Very different and good. I've always hated gin without plenty of tonic, but I could drink this neat easily and probably will. Reasonably priced too.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Suntory also makes a vodka, Haku, that's legit.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:51 pm Suntory also makes a vodka, Haku, that's legit.
Guess I'll have to try that one too. I've been impressed with everything I've had from them so far. Thanks!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule