The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

Some dude named Butts didn't like some part of what you posted yesterday, Mak.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Can you post what he said? I find this hysterical.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Jim Butts
Intermediate Member
Username: jbutts

Post Number: 65

I apologize in advance for perpetuating this crap.

John, do you also respect Bill Fox for tacitly accepting, through participation in an ongoing dialogue that he started and continues to feed (not on CF), the murder and rape of specific named individuals? Hey, it's a free country, free speech and all, right? It's one thing to not back down from a fight, it's quite another to, oh never mind...
Last edited by Grandpa's Spells on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Jim Butts
Intermediate Member
Username: jbutts

Post Number: 64

Fair enough, John. I probably wasn't being fair to you with that post but you caught me just after I'd read a 'thread' on 'another site' (which I rarely do, apparently with good reason), that made me lose any degree of respect that I may have had for B*** F**.
Last edited by Grandpa's Spells on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

Fat Cat wrote:Can you post what he said?
He said that you are a corpulent nigger, raised AME but converted to Judaism when your Hebe wife told you that you had to. He also said to tell your mom he wanted a refund. He was apparently posting from the internet cafe next to the public health clinic at the time. He then went into something about your halfrican mongrel tarbaby children, but I didn't quite get the drift of that part.
My SIG can beat up your SIG.

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh »

I'm still disturbed about the stiffie comment. How did she know?
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Butts wrote:murder and rape of specific named individuals?
It ain't rape if she wants it.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Butts wrote: that made me lose any degree of respect that I may have had for B*** F**
Respect for Butt Fucking?

greenghost
Gunny

Post by greenghost »

I bet my stiffy is bigger than her stiffy.
" Once You've Walked Through The Fire Unscathed, Nothing Else Can Ever Burn " USMC

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Some funny conclusions they've drawn over there:

IG and DD are in cahoots.
IG thinks the KB is the best for everything.
Bill Fox hates jews.
They are reading what we post here because we want their attention, not because Couch cross-posted a link to this thread.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

See, this is what you get for trying to break the stereotype of the whining pathetic jew boy who runs to Mommy (or in -S's- case microsoft) when the other kids pick on you, you get accused of "tacit" acceptance.

See, it's true, us Jews just can't catch a break.

I suspect Lynne Pitts knowledge of stiffies is limited.

Please note that although it is percieved as fine for her to say we have them (stiffies), it will not be percieved as fine for me to respond in kind.

As everyone here knows I never really went in for this kind of thing much but this incident has absolutely convinced me of the utter necessity of calling bullshit. The pathetic "you went first", "a D.A. that prosecutes cyber crime shouldn't argue about weight lifting online" and now the "tacit jew insulter" Jeez (no offense) - although I still think the best post in the whole thing is the "what we really need is clipboards and physics books".

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

bill fox wrote:I suspect Lynne Pitts knowledge of stiffies is limited.
=D>

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Lynne Pitts can suck my fluffy cat nutz.

Schlegel

Post by Schlegel »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Some funny conclusions they've drawn over there:

IG and DD are in cahoots.
IG thinks the KB is the best for everything.
Those are hilarious. That would be like Bizzaro World.

Nobody is addressing the vertical vs. horizontal hip motion power generation, of course. It's easier to be offended, and then be more offended because you're being needled for being offended. They'd lose at dozens for sure.

I do wonder about the power generation thing, though. The most explosive part of a squat is when I try to get the feeling of shooting my hips forward,and that goes double for O-lifts. The idea that the explosiveness in the O-lift is hip-up motion doesn't make sense to me. If you look at the motion tracing on the o-lift of the original article, the hip has a horizontal line, too. That's the part where the power is, right? So far, no one has presented a rationale underlying the "hip up is better than hip forward" assertion.

At this point, I can see no reason to use that idea as a selection tool either way, regardless of implement. I'll continue to just do the exercises that feel like they're paying results.

Apologies for trying to make sense.

P.S. Your Momma so fat not even light can escape her hole.
Last edited by Schlegel on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

Bill Fox - Ab God, anti-semite.....
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Will someone please enlighten me: is Bill Fox a rabid anti-Semite or just a self-hating Jew? It's the old Crusty the Clown problem.

GDG!
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

cleaner464 wrote:Bill Fox - Ab God, anti-semite.....
We ought to turn him in to the JDL.
My SIG can beat up your SIG.

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 »

Garm wrote:
cleaner464 wrote:Bill Fox - Ab God, anti-semite.....
We ought to turn him in to the JDL.
Heh.

Is that still around? I thought after Kahane got whacked, it disintegrated.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

For those still paying attention, Glassman "clarified," putting KB lifting behind PL and OL for building explosiveness, and ahead of everything else.

L. =D>
M. :^o
A. :-k
O. \:D/

Curiously, nobody there appears to notice that this sharply resembles what Bill's opinion was all along, and bears almost no semblance to Greg's earlier position.

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

It's uncanny, is it not, and whatnot.

greenghost
Gunny

Post by greenghost »

Musta been 500 hits on this post today alone.
" Once You've Walked Through The Fire Unscathed, Nothing Else Can Ever Burn " USMC

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

OMG this thread is going to last forever on both sites ! Does one really need to be taught how to kip ? On another note, when Couch says that KBs don't develop athletic explosiveness as he does in his "top 10" post is he not backstabbing Jason C. Brown in a very public manner ?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

szczepan wrote:On another note, when Couch says that KBs don't develop athletic explosiveness as he does in his "top 10" post is he not backstabbing Jason C. Brown in a very public manner ?
His adding of load and listing of it so high were because Fireman Tom, who Couch encouraged to "stay out of the fray," posted the spot on response to his statement.

Also, he's only putting KBs behind PL and WL, which seems an obviously position.

szczepan
Gunny

Post by szczepan »

Not my point, he mentions a line of demarcation. That is not an ambiguous term. Jason's specialty is KB training for sports, he has put together some quality products on the subject and Glassman is pissing all over them.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

The only think I've learned from this thread and the two seconds I spent looking at links to Crossfit is that Crossfit makes people write very long posts. Gene must have done Crossfit for a while.