Moderator: Dux

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Beer!!!

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:
The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
Turdacious wrote:Image
Seven hundred bucks a year? What kind of pussies did they poll?
LOL...I shit you not I spent at least $600 on booze in 3 nights in Vegas a couple of weeks back.
How many Ph.D's do you have?
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
High Velocity Lie-Nap! wrote:
The Ginger Beard Man wrote:
Turdacious wrote:Image
Seven hundred bucks a year? What kind of pussies did they poll?
LOL...I shit you not I spent at least $600 on booze in 3 nights in Vegas a couple of weeks back.
How many Ph.D's do you have?
I have never set foot in a college classroom.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Shiner Holiday Cheer-- lighter winter beer that tastes and smells like it's been spiced with cheap potpourri. False advertising.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

St. Bernardus Christmas Ale

If you like the Abt. 12, you must try this beer. Perfectly spicy with that same sweetness of the Abt. 12.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

Kennebunkport Brewing Co.

Their porter was disgusting. I almost returned it (Trader Joe's allows for stuff like that).
Their blueberry wheat ale was pretty good, even my wife liked it (she's not one for very many beers at all).

JosephBrau Double Dark Bock was also good, definitely worth it.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Had a bomber of Arrogant Bastard ale this weekend....tasted a lot like Sam Adams Boston Lager but with more flavor. Good beer.

"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Turdacious wrote:Shiner Holiday Cheer-- lighter winter beer that tastes and smells like it's been spiced with cheap potpourri. False advertising.

Having lived in the Austin area, where I paid 4 bucks for a six pack of Shiner Bock, I have a hard time paying 9.99 for a six up here and I like Shiner. I've even been to Shinerfest in Shiner, Texas back in the day.....and no, that's not a Shapecharge camping episode.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Pliny the Elder bitchos!

Very fine beer made by the Russian river brewery. I have 3 pints of this fine brew waiting for me on Christmas Day.

Good luck finding it though. Most places sell out of the one or two CASES they get a month.

Giving up the daily drinking of beer was a bitch, however my Saturday breaking of the beer fast is much more enjoyable.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Robert the Bruce Scottish Ale--- simply fucking awesome.
Shut the fuck up and train

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Found a great west coast DIPA yesterday (this is a tumbler pic, it was on tap down the street). Port distributes in MA, which is cool because I feel like we miss out on a lot of the west coast beers. Definitely worth checking out if you're an IPA fan. Interested in opinions of their other beers if anyone has tried them

Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I just had some Yeungling that someone had brought up from Pennsylvania. Overall, a very good drinking beer.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I just had some Yeungling that someone had brought up from Pennsylvania. Overall, a very good drinking beer.
They have a fairly broad distribution. I bet they sell it in your neck of the woods. It is all over the place here. Good beer and reasonably priced. Oldest brewery in the US they say.
Shut the fuck up and train

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Pliny the Elder bitchos!

Very fine beer made by the Russian river brewery. I have 3 pints of this fine brew waiting for me on Christmas Day.

Good luck finding it though. Most places sell out of the one or two CASES they get a month.

Giving up the daily drinking of beer was a bitch, however my Saturday breaking of the beer fast is much more enjoyable.
I used to live less than 15 minutes from this brewery. I might be able to get it since I'm now about 2 hours away and can usually find their beers since I'm still pretty local.

Not sure what laws are like or the feasibility of shipping it, but if people are interested I can take a look around.

This serves as a definite endorsement of Batboy's assessment.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Not sure if it is still the case, or if the quality is still as good-- but Alaskan's Smoked Porter was that way for a while. Local beer stores in the PNW got about five cases per year. Excellent with BBQ.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The fresh hop taste is strong, the hop sweetness is balanced with the bitterness well. This is the best fresh hop ale I've ever tasted that's available for more than one month a year. Reasonably priced too.

VO2 maxed
Sarge

Post by VO2 maxed »

Have you tried the Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale? Made with fresh hops shipped from New Zealand. Somewhat different character than the Northern thats made with NA hops.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Pliny the Elder bitchos!

Found a local source for pliny....picked up a bottle, going to drink it this weekend and looking forward to it.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

VO2 maxed wrote:Have you tried the Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale? Made with fresh hops shipped from New Zealand. Somewhat different character than the Northern thats made with NA hops.
No, but I'll try it. Thanks!

VO2 maxed
Sarge

Post by VO2 maxed »

Your welcome !
I think it comes out in the spring, since the harvest south of the equator occurs then.
So you may have to wait a bit ,unfortunately.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Along those same lines, Deschutes Brewery in Oregon has a beers called "Hop Trip" they release with the Cascade hops crop every year. They dry hop a strong IPA with fresh hops less than 1 hour off the vine. You could only get it in draft at a few places when I was living in the PNW. There was a good pub that got a cask every year and would have a tap party.

Well worth searching out if you live in the area.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

VO2 maxed
Sarge

Post by VO2 maxed »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:Along those same lines, Deschutes Brewery in Oregon has a beers called "Hop Trip" they release with the Cascade hops crop every year. They dry hop a strong IPA with fresh hops less than 1 hour off the vine. You could only get it in draft at a few places when I was living in the PNW. There was a good pub that got a cask every year and would have a tap party.

I'd love to try it, but its not available east of the Missisippi. I can't even get it shipped to me (its illegal to mail AB in Pa.).

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Guinness black lager and if I get through the sixer of that I'll start working on the Guinness foreign extra stout.

I love this stuff.

VO2 maxed
Sarge

Post by VO2 maxed »

Sam Adams Tasman Red IPA. Part of the Small Batch Series, so only available for a while.
Lots of hops (Tasmanian), but lots of malt too,like I prefer them.
Not for those who think an IPA should bludgeon your taste buds with super high bitterness units.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:Along those same lines, Deschutes Brewery in Oregon has a beers called "Hop Trip" they release with the Cascade hops crop every year. They dry hop a strong IPA with fresh hops less than 1 hour off the vine. You could only get it in draft at a few places when I was living in the PNW. There was a good pub that got a cask every year and would have a tap party.

You can't even get black butte porter or jubelale most places. *sob*