Dexter's Final Season

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Re: Dexter's Final Season

Post by msr2112 »

So far, this has been an exceptionally unexciting season. Especially when you consider that there's only 5 episodes left. Other than Jennifer Carpenter and Charlotte Rampling everyone, including Michael C. Hall seems bored.
I hate it when a show with a lengthy history feels the need to "go out with a bang" instead of just distilling down what the show is about at it's core.
The show is about Dex and Deb why add all these other characters now to waste everyone's time?
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I agree. There are some interesting things they could be doing, but it seems like they're not.

It seems like Dexter is trying to get himself caught or killed.

I'm almost positive that he's really just about to save someone, not the hot neighbor chick I was hoping would get a little naked, since she's dead now. Maybe Deb.

Maybe he kills the doctor (probably?), and he definitely offs his protege if he doesn't get offed by him in the finale.

That old captain, the one who was retired and came back. That asked Dexter last year if he was a killer or whatever when the thick cuban had her suspicions... I wonder what happens with him.

I'll be finishing the season, but I'll be glad when it's over.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

I hope Dexter does away with the whole fuckin bunch and then goes on his merry way.
All of them have turned more annoying this year not to mention into bigger sacks of shit. Vogel and that little bitch kid definitely need to go. He needs to do the deed and then take that Jamie chick and his son and find a cabin somewhere. :finga:
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

I'd bang Masuka's daughter until one of us died.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

SPOILER:

I was bummed the new neighbor died w/o getting naked. Newbie and maybe the doc are gonna die now. Either the blonde or Deb's are gonna kill each other off.
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Didn't see that coming...
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

Wow. This season is a disaster. How can they end a show about a serial killer this badly? There are 10 different ways they could have hit this one out of the park and they went this way with it.
Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift this heavy-ass weight!! -Ronnie Coleman

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

At this point, it really is like watching a stroke in slow motion.

Who's in on the ridiculously hot ex who likes to poison people offing herself and Dexter to cap things off?

Deb gets his son, the hot Cuban nanny gets pissed off, everyone gets an idea that Dexter's been a serial killer all along.

Or... we get a Sopranos style ending and everyone ends up even more pissed off than they already are with this season.
- Buck Brannaman

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

You could call this a train wreck, but train wrecks are exciting.

I do think they're getting unfair comparisons to Breaking Bad, but it's a safe bet Dexter's not going to be winning any more awards.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

There's a lot of gaping holes in the storyline these last few episodes but I agree with Stephen that watching has made me agitated wondering how they're gonna put this all together. Well they took care of the idiot Opie looking marshal fuckhead. Who the fuck knows but we'll be out of our misery this coming Sunday.

Hey, when does "The Americans" come back on?

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

That guy was Lem on The Shield. Kind of a tragic career.

I can't wait for the last episode so it'll all be over.

I think Ray Donovan has hit it out of the park though.
- Buck Brannaman

msr2112
Staff Sergeant

Post by msr2112 »

Any chance it ends with a good episode? Even in it's worst seasons they've usually ended with something exciting. I just want it to feel like there's actually something at stake.

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I think it ends with something sappy.
- Buck Brannaman

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

That was fucking stupid....

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Freki wrote:That was fucking stupid....
Not too far from what I expected. Too bad.
Tantum validus superstes

Topic author
baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Freki wrote:That was fucking stupid....
Compared to the rest of the season, it wasn't that bad.

That's not a compliment.
- Buck Brannaman

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Wow, eight years and this is it? Oh well. I was let down a bit. But as it already has been said, it could have been worse.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I moved Sunday, so I didn't have cable or Internet, and couldn't watch. I have a feeling I came out ahead.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Gav
Sgt. Major

Post by Gav »

Lem really can't make it to the end of a show. Gets blown up in the Shield and Sons, now stabbed in Dexter.
davidc wrote:I've found standing on my head to be particularly useful

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

That finale sucked dicks. There's no way they should have ended that show without the truth coming out. The only surprise should have been whether Dexter escaped, went to jail, or died.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.