Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Dave

Softwork(TM)(R)(C)(@)pat. pend....

Post by Dave »

I wrote this to Scott:

Initial impressions:

for a workshop production very good quality, sound was a bit off in a few places.

content is very good with a lot of discussion on the finer points.

You go into more detail on things than Vlad does. His wasnt in a workshop format.

One thing he covered that you didn't were rolls.

Your work looked very natural especially all the ad libbed work you did with Dan & some of the students.

Vlad did some sample work but it looked rehearsed

You covered groundwork alot, working from the ground. Vlad only discussed rolling and getting up. No grappling, of course thats not his background.

Overall I am impressed at at the $59.99 ( I believe thats what I paid) it was well worth it.

I'd be very interested in reviewing the integrating structure dvd.

It was good to see two guys that know what they were doing move so smoothly, freely and spontaneously. That is very rare.

Scott the article you pointed me too cleared up some misconceptions I had about Rmax, RMA/Systema and ROSS. So now that I've read it it puts a somewhat different light on what I saw of your's and Vlad's dvds.

While there are many similarities, there are many more points of departure where Softworkâ„¢ goes beyond what other styles/systems or whatever you want to call them, go.

Softworkâ„¢ is a positive addition to any serious MA collection. Serious study of the ideas presented in Softworks should help any MA person master their personal style and improve their skills regardless of the art studied.

Thanks

After some discussion both online & via PM's I wrote the following. Sonnon says that a) He is no longer involved in ROSS, b) RMAx is not Russian MA

It was good to see two guys that know what they were doing move so smoothly, freely and spontaneously. That is very rare.

Scott the article you pointed me too cleared up some misconceptions I had about Rmax, RMA/Systema and ROSS. So now that I've read it it puts a somewhat different light on what I saw of your's and Vlad's dvds.

While there are many similarities, there are many more points of departure where Softworkâ„¢ goes beyond what other styles/systems or whatever you want to call them, go.

Softworkâ„¢ is a positive addition to any serious MA collection. Serious study of the ideas presented in Softworks should help any MA person master their personal style and improve their skills regardless of the art studied.

Thanks

Dave

----------------------------

It really was a good dvd, much better than Vlad's
Fat Cat wrote: People have never really seen true mastery, so they don't even know that they don't have it.