Barefoot Science Shoe Inserts.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Barefoot Science Shoe Inserts.

Post by cleaner464 »

I bought these a few months back, as I have been dealing with arch problems and plantar fasciaitis for a few years. The orthotics I got from the foot doctor alleviated my condition, but never to any great extent.

I saw the TV commercial for BFS and I was intrigued. I decided to give them a try, and paid my money. What you get a few days later are two pairs of 3/4 length inserts for your regular shoes, and one pair of full length inserts for sneakers. Each insert has a cavity in the bottom that you fill with a support piece. The support pieces come in five levels. You start at level one, and every 5-7 days, remove the old support piece and put in one from the next higher level. They feel funny at first, but I adjusted to them after a day or two. I would hardly feel I was wearing anything by the time came to swap out a piece, however my feet and lower legs were persistently sore, like I had done a bunch of calf raises and walked 10 miles. Particularly with level 5.

I noticed after a few weeks that my feet hurt a lot less in the morning when I woke up, and that's when they'd usually kill me. Also, my lower back and knees weren't quite so tender. This improvement has continued until the present. I'm not 100% pain free, but a few months with BFS has done a lot more for me than years with the prescribed orthotics.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”