SteveMaxwells online training.

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
knuckles
Gunny

SteveMaxwells online training.

Post by knuckles »

Well..I signed up for a 3 month program..for lots of reasons..Ya, I know all the info is out there yadda yadda ..I needed a hand ,so, I asked for help...I have to take pictures and fill out the questionnaire and then I"ll get started .I will post it in the training journal. I will be honest as possible. Includeing any and all failures on my part, or any holes I see in any of it even if its just my personal likes and dislikes. I respect Mr. Maxwells abilities ,physical and otherwise..but im not looking for a guru, a buddy or a new daddy.Mr.Maxwell was my SRRKC in Oct of 06..I liked his style and look forward to working with him...My focus will be on weight loss. I want to do mainly bodywieght conditioning with Sandbags and sledgehammers and maybe a 53 kb thrown in..we will see what he says.

Uberselfempowered motherfuckers can write this thread off.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Re: SteveMaxwells online training.

Post by Crust Bucket »

Good luck with it Knucks!
I'll be interested in learning how this works out for you as I'm sure others will too.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Trip

Post by Trip »

Yes, please keep us posted.

Ericc
Sgt. Major

Post by Ericc »

Looking forward to seeing the log, good luck.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Knuckles, I will follow your progress reports closely. Remember that you should communicate any problems you have with Steve, so he can address them, rather than just here. Aloha!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

ab g-d

Post by ab g-d »

I know Steve takes this very seriously. I got into lots of interesting discussions about people Steve was doing phone consults with, what would work better, this is what I'm thinking, the guy did this or that, back in the days before the interdwebs were so handy.

Enjoy.
Growing old is not for sissies.

"I'm just here to regulate funkyness"
James Gandolfini in The Mexican

Topic author
knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles »

I have aquired a very intense chest cold so Im delayed in starting...Im takeing this pretty seriouisly as I already have a great respect for the man..oh ,and any concerns I have will be handeled with him directly ,I have no deisire to slander the guy. I have no allegiance with RKC or AKC or anywhere else so I felt that Irongarm would be the ideal place to post my progress. Feel free to call bullshit on me at any turn and any serious input is appreciated.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

knuckles wrote:I have aquired a very intense chest cold so Im delayed in starting...Im takeing this pretty seriouisly as I already have a great respect for the man..oh ,and any concerns I have will be handeled with him directly ,I have no deisire to slander the guy. I have no allegiance with RKC or AKC or anywhere else so I felt that Irongarm would be the ideal place to post my progress. Feel free to call bullshit on me at any turn and any serious input is appreciated.
Any progress on this knuckles? I have been curious regarding your experiences here.

grey

Post by grey »

I can't speak for Knuckles experience but after reading this thread and floundering in my own workouts I signed up for 3 months of training with Steve. The process began with a questionnaire (I also had to include photos) and then another performance assessment based on my goals.

I received my plan yesterday. It's a combination of bodyweight and kb exercises (most double). There is a heavy emphasis on legs because, as Steve wrote, my "lower body development is lagging". The program is unlike anything I've ever done or seen before. I did my first workout today. It was an ass kicker in the truest sense of the word. I'm already sore.

I may start a fresh thread in the training forum or training log forum. I'm not sure what format I will use as Steve politely requested (after I asked) not to post the actual workouts. He did mention throwing pr's and that kind of thing in there. I may post my pics (god I look shitty) and do some follow ups on a regular basis so that you can see the results.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

Post by GoDogGo! »

Any pix must be clothed, TIA.
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.

grey

Post by grey »

GoDogGo! wrote:Any pix must be clothed, TIA.
No problem. I'll reshoot.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Trip

Post by Trip »

good luck greystuff. Did you have predetermined goals going in or did you and Steve determine your goals together. Also are you using the KBs because you have them and want to or was it Steve's idea?

grey

Post by grey »

Thanks Trip. In the initial questionnaire Steve asked about my goals and what type of equipment I had or had access to. I told him that one of my goals was to increase calf/leg strength and size. I have a feeling though that had I not mentioned it Steve would have emphasized that anyway after seeing my photos. He's been quick to respond to e-mails and questions so I am sure that if I had difficulty pinning my goals down he would have helped.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

ab g-d

Post by ab g-d »

greystuff wrote:I can't speak for Knuckles experience but after reading this thread and floundering in my own workouts I signed up for 3 months of training with Steve. The process began with a questionnaire (I also had to include photos) and then another performance assessment based on my goals.

I received my plan yesterday. It's a combination of bodyweight and kb exercises (most double). There is a heavy emphasis on legs because, as Steve wrote, my "lower body development is lagging". The program is unlike anything I've ever done or seen before. I did my first workout today. It was an ass kicker in the truest sense of the word. I'm already sore.

I may start a fresh thread in the training forum or training log forum. I'm not sure what format I will use as Steve politely requested (after I asked) not to post the actual workouts. He did mention throwing pr's and that kind of thing in there. I may post my pics (god I look shitty) and do some follow ups on a regular basis so that you can see the results.
You should do that - call it "Paying to My Ass Kicked"

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

greystuff wrote:I can't speak for Knuckles experience but after reading this thread and floundering in my own workouts I signed up for 3 months of training with Steve. The process began with a questionnaire (I also had to include photos) and then another performance assessment based on my goals.

A few questions if you don't mind -

1. Does Steve address diet and supplements, or is this just pure training?
2. How much is the 3 months costing you?
3. How does it work? I mean, is there a weekly phone consultation, is this all online, a once a week chat, etc.? Did he give you a 3 month plan or a month to month plan?

I would really be interested in any thoughts, musings, updates, etc. you post on this.

Steve Maxwell is pure quality through and through. Best of luck with this.

ab g-d

Post by ab g-d »

newguy wrote:

3. How does it work? I mean, is there a weekly phone consultation, is this all online, a once a week chat, etc.? Did he give you a 3 month plan or a month to month plan?

I would really be interested in any thoughts, musings, updates, etc. you post on this.

I know Steve does address diet and Supps and I'll be posting something on this soon.

grey

Post by grey »

newguy wrote:

newguy, I'll be starting my log tomorrow and I'll address your questions then. Off to sling drinks.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

grey

Post by grey »

ab g-d wrote:

You should do that - call it "Paying to My Ass Kicked"
True dat. Though I may call it "Skinny Legs and All" or "Trading in the Chickens".
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

grey

Post by grey »

The log has been posted. Pics and all.

Here.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Bukaki On Dumbass Cotter
Corporal

Post by Bukaki On Dumbass Cotter »

Which exercise for the lower back is he having you do?

grey

Post by grey »

If you are joking, I think you can do much better. If you are not, well, there are no specific low back exercises.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Bukaki On Dumbass Cotter
Corporal

Post by Bukaki On Dumbass Cotter »

Why the fuck not? Just kidding- I don't give a shit.

Topic author
knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles »

Hey grey stuff, good on you...you picked up the ball where I had dropped it. I apologize...but all is not lost..your postings have encouraged me to fill out the questionair and figure out how to send pics of my fatass to the man and get started...I have been distracted to say the least...Lotsa oprah shit and just lame excuses..thanks for putting that out there...

grey

Post by grey »

knuckles wrote:Hey grey stuff, good on you...you picked up the ball where I had dropped it. I apologize...but all is not lost..your postings have encouraged me to fill out the questionair and figure out how to send pics of my fatass to the man and get started...I have been distracted to say the least...Lotsa oprah shit and just lame excuses..thanks for putting that out there...
Just get it done man. Once you've got your program it will all come together. Good luck. Feel free to pm me if you think it might help. Remember too, the voice that says you can't or not today isn't the only voice in there. Ignore the negative voice. Let it say it's peace and get back to work. Make it happen.
Training Log

Talk - Action = Shit

Topic author
knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles »

whelp I started...Itook four extra months to get my shit together put down the reds and stop the occaisional burger thing... but im working it..fits and and starts but ....im gonna be on top of this this coming week and beyond...heavy pulling and core work focus...omlet style training...and its just a bitch for me
Im out of shape ...but I wont ever keep trying to be a better person and a better physical being...broken reletionships , be damned....

I guess im not telling anyone anything they dont already know ...Mr. Maxwell is the real deal...knows when to yell at you and when to deal you a solid...Shorterm goal..lose thirty pounds minimum...longterm goal, the hardest sparten stuff...