The Permanent Pain Cure- Ming Chew

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Ryan
Sgt. Major

The Permanent Pain Cure- Ming Chew

Post by Ryan »

Got this for Christmas after requesting it. The main reason I wanted it was because the author studied under Guy Voyer. Voyer is a Canadian osteopath who developed a stretching system based on hitting the fascial system.

I have to say I like this book. The stretches seem very effective, especially the ELDOA stretches which target specific areas of the spine by not only stretching fascial tissue, but also providing traction. The other section gives fascial stretches targeting certain areas/muscle groups.

He emphasizes that you have to follow certain nutritional regimes to provide optimal fascial condition, such as proper hydration, diet (anti-inflammation) and certain supplements. He provides guidelines if you have pain in an area before stretching it. There is also a strength training section.

The stretches can be a pain to learn because he is very specific about body position based on the running of fascial lines thru the body, however they seem very effective.

I don't know about permanently curing pain, but I think these stretches can be very helpful.

(Another good book is Stretch to Win- probably the best overall stretching book I've read.)
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin