Gracie Barra Fundamentals DVD Set

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Soupbone

Gracie Barra Fundamentals DVD Set

Post by Soupbone »

This is a 4 volume DVD set that covers the 16 week formalized curriculum for the Gracie Barra fundamentals program. Taking you through the techniques is Marcio Feitosa, Head Instructor at Gracie Barra America in Irvine, Ca. 3 techniques per "week" are covered and cover the basic self-defense curriculum as well as the ground techniques are organized by theme: Defending the guard, passing the guard, side mount control and escape, back mount control and escape and mount control and escape. He spends about 10 minutes discussing and demonstrating each technique from multiple angles including overhead. Production quality is decent and running time averages about 118 minutes for each volume.

Now, I am a Gracie Barra guy. I am proud of my affiliation. I realize every group has shortcomings, including mine and that no one is perfect. That being said, this series is all that and a bag of chips! I have always been one who admires a person with a solid foundation of the basics, and this emphasizes those non-flashy but ultra-essential basics.

Highly recommended.
I just started a blog called The Happy Grappler. Check it out at http://happygrappler.blogspot.com