My answers to some US KB ?

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sean
Sarge

My answers to some US KB ?

Post by Sean »

I would like to get one so I could do the 2 kb drills and also to have a light kb for the resilient drills.
You could get two US KBs and have all of that - you can go below 16 kgs for medicine ball type of movements if you remove the handle and use the packing screws to hold the hollow plates together. You could also create a spacer with some PVC pipe and use less than 4 plates- should be OK for most the resilient drills

Do these work well with the DD bells or is there a big difference in the feel?
I would not want to do a 2 KB drill with a DD bell and a US KB. I also find the grove for LC and Jerks to be slighty different between the 2 bells

Do they sit flat on the floor so you can do things like the Renegade Row, etc?
Yes
Do they feel pretty good when you do snatches, cleans, or do the plates slide around?
No, you can feel things loosen up long before there is any actual movemnet of the plates. The feel is different from solid KBs, but it feels fine. I am noticing some pinching (see the evidence from it, rather than feel it) on my biceps during LC and SC jerks. I wear sweatbands so there is no problem on snatches. I think I need to rematch and or reoorder the plates to get the smoothest surface.

Sean