Hipster Huckleberry Finn

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Holy Cow

Hipster Huckleberry Finn

Post by Holy Cow »

This is only about a year or two old by now.
Link to the free pdf: http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_69/999 ... 998839.pdf
Pap Finn wrote:It was 'lection day, and I was just about to go and vote myself if I warn't too drunk to get there; but when they told me there was a State in this country where they'd let that hipster vote, I drawed out. I says I'll never vote agin. Them's the very words I said; they all heard me; and the country may rot for all me--I'll never vote agin as long as I live. And to see the cool way of that hipster--why, he wouldn't a give me the road if I hadn't shoved him out o' the way. I says to the people, why ain't this hipster put up at auction and sold?--that's what I want to know. And what do you reckon they said? Why, they said he couldn't be sold till he'd been in the State six months, and he hadn't been there that long yet. There, now--that's a specimen. They call that a govment that can't sell a free hipster till he's been in the State six months. Here's a govment that calls itself a govment, and lets on to be a govment, and thinks it is a govment, and yet's got to set stock-still for six whole months before it can take a hold of a prowling, thieving, infernal, white-shirted free hipster, and--"