Nappy!! Dog querstion.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Nappy!! Dog querstion.

Post by Shapecharge »

Hey tell me what you think about an Austrailian Cattle Dog/Heeler please. Could he be left alone for a bit while the wife and I are at work without the house being torn to shreds?

Totally unrelated...I've got some red bumps on the head of my dick, any idea what this is?

Bob Wildes

Re: Nappy!! Dog querstion.

Post by Bob Wildes »

Do you have a Queensland Blue Heeler or an Australian Shepard?
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

I`ve got an australian shepard and as long as there are balls lying around he is a happy dog!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

I don't have one yet...was maybe thinking about it. Got a friend that has some puppies available.

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

I had to work around a blue heeler for about 13 months when the world was young. He was a one
man dog and growled at almost everyone but his owner, my boss at the time. The Australian
Shepherds I dealt with were great dogs. Friendly to people that were worth a shit and hell on cows
that tried to get out of line.

It isn't uncommon for an Australian Shepherd to have eyes of different colors.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

You see them out here on ranches, working or just companions. Endless energy, smart, but despite Bobby's first hand knowledge, I can't see them being left along for long.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Shapecharge wrote: Totally unrelated...I've got some red bumps on the head of my dick, any idea what this is?
Ask Lenny.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

You need to ask why it is you believe you need a dog? What is missing in your life? Do you have any traumatic events from your past that you are suppressing? Have you talked to a professional regarding your insecurity issues?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Phaedrus wrote:Do you have any traumatic events from your past that you are suppressing? Have you talked to a professional regarding your insecurity issues?
He's still pissed about me using the BGE he got back in 1987 for high school graduation without permission. I've told him before I get permission when visiting his wife.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

He`s got a cat to play with as well.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Swamp Fox
Sarge

Post by Swamp Fox »

Dear Shape,
Condolences that Vinnie “the wonder dog” is no longer able to reciprocate your sordid sexual advances.

I have to tell you, if you try that shit on an Australian Cattle Dog aka Blue Heeler, he will rip your nuts off.
Just sayin!
Peace Bro,
YOIAIAMO!

Swamp Fox
Sarge

Post by Swamp Fox »

My Mom has had two Blue Heelers. One was the best dog she ever had, the other was the worst. Both were outside dogs, and I can’t imagine keeping one inside. They would get bored. Bored dogs often get destructive.
They are very smart dogs, very loyal, and benefit from having a job to do. Watch the ranch, herd the horses, ect.
They are biters.
Her first dog was well trained, and socialized, and he still bit three people. They were all people he perceived as a threat to her. The first was a yardman that jumped the fence in to her backyard. He was just coming to the house to see what she wanted done next. Dingo did not see it that way. The second was a Handyman working for my Aunt next door. He lived on her property, and my Mom detested him. The dog could sense that. He was at the fence one day talking to my Mom, and put his hands on the fence. Dingo saw this as crossing a line, he got bit. The third was my Aunt, a dog nut that he got along well with. She got in an argument with my Mom one day, and got a bite on the ass for her reward.
YOIAIAMO!

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

The Blue Heeler I was around would bite the tires of a back hoe.

He would ride in the back of the work truck. I was working for a Dairy Construction
Company at the time.

I had been around that dog for over half a year. seven days a week. The boss told
me to get into his truck one day at the finish of our work day. I got into the passenger seat.
The boss's driver side door was open. That fucking dog jumped into the cab, bit my hand, and bolted out
of the cab. Lucky for me, his habit of biting back hoe tires and other work machinery had
made is teeth dull and he didn't even break the skin.

My impression is you love a Blue Heeler if he is yours, but hate the ornery bastards if not.

The boss's son used to put a shitload of pepper in the dog's food dish and laugh like hell when the
Blue Heeler started sneezing like crazy after wolfing down the chow.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

ACD/Heelers are pretty much my favorite dog and we have a Blue Heeler. They're not for everone, but they are great. Hit me up on FB IM or call me early next week.

The can a dog be left alone in the house question has nothing to do with the breed. Raise the puppy right and you'll be good to go for the dog to be home alone....in good time.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X »

Oh, and the red bumps on your dick is from that rolling around with sweaty dudes/BJJ you're always doing.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Dogs are terrible, filthy creatures.

If you want to turn your house into a barn, be my guest, but it's disgusting and you will smell.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Tirofijo
Sarge

Post by Tirofijo »

I had a Blue Heeler growing up, but it was an outside dog and it had the run of a hobby farm and the chance to work cows. Still, he chewed down a crabapple tree in the backyard out of boredom.

Very loyal and protective. Would bark at cows 500 yards off the highway from the back of the pickup. I didn't experience it with this dog, but sometimes they are known to nip the heels of kids as they try to herd them (They heel cattle, after all.)

I wanted another one when the missus and I were looking for a dog a year ago, but I reluctantly decided against it.

No one asked for my opinion, but I'll put in a plug in for my current dog.

I ended up with a Catahoula that I got from a rescue. They were originally cow dogs but now are mostly used in the Deep South to hunt hogs.

Mine is extremely protective and a good watchdog while in the house. Gets absolutely furious whenever the mailman or UPS driver comes to the door. We have to put her on a leash when people come over and let her get used to them. She's fine after an introduction, but she's definitely not fine at first.

She is very attached to my wife, but at the same time she is as sweet as can be at the park with anyone that approaches her. Great with kids. Away from the house her protectiveness declines, though I suspect she wouldn't take kindly to someone assaulting my wife.

She can be demanding. If I'm late feeding her, she'll let me know by coming up to me and barking as loud as she can.

She's got one 'glass' eye (light blue) and one cracked eye (half blue and half brown. The colors are split vertically right down the middle. It's pretty striking. I get asked if she can see all the time.)

Not exactly an apartment dog, but she does fine inside our house. I imagine she's better than an Blue Heeler would be as an inside dog. This is my first Catahoula, but I couldn't be happier. The coloring may be an acquired taste, but I love the 'leopards'. Mine was grey with black spots, but now she's turned black with some gray hairs and some gray coloring on her ears.

Just throwing this out there since the Catahoulas share some of the same herding dog characteristics (loyal, protective) of the Blue Heeler but I think they are a little more manageable. They are also a lot bigger than a Blue Heeler. Mine was a malnourished 51 lbs when I got her. She weighs 70 lbs now, which is on the large size of the breed.

(Mine looked a lot like this, but is turning less and less gray. Mine also has a tail.)

(Not my dog, but I love this coloring. This is a 'red leopard.')

Topic author
Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I had to send the wonderdog Vinnie to the puppy island in the sky back in April. Mrs. Shape and I said we'd wait at least one year before deciding on another pup. The reason I asked about the Heeler is someone at work mentioned some pups from a friend will be available in a few weeks. I have also been told about the Black Mouth Cur as another dog to consider but then nothing really trumps a rescue from the pound which is what we did with Vinnie. However, I don't know for sure if the wife and I have it in us yet for another dog. On the bright side though, the Black Mouth Cur is supposed to be an exceptionally long lived dog...around 16 years. If we got one, when the time comes Mrs. Shape, can have me and the dog put down at the same time by the Vet at considerable cost savings along with mutual cremation so that's something to consider.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

if you do get the heeler, your and mrs shape's relations could suffer, should your new dog be like the one an acquaintance had. after he first got married it would growl at his bride when she touched him. they had to lock the dog out of the bedroom.

seeing as how you and mrs shape have been an item for awhile, she might choose to favor the new pup and lock you out of the bedroom--esp now that you have a grotesque unit. no one would fault her.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

My dog is awesome