dem darkies be pissed

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

dem darkies be pissed

Post by dead man walking »

A federal appeals court has overturned North Carolina's sweeping voter ID law, ruling that the law was passed with "discriminatory intent" and was designed to impose barriers to block African-Americans from voting.
the man keeps trying to undo the progress that society has made

the nigras aren't having it, uppity is here to stay.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Yes I Have Balls

Re: dem darkies be pissed

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

All it took was electing a black man as POTUS to flip people the fuck out.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Sureously. Lots of bad manners erupted this past 8 years.

We have one of the dumbest legislatures I know of. Everyone who voted for HB2 can't remember having actually read it. Including the democrats.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

I don't really get the voter ID thing; you really need no proof of identity to be able to vote in the US? Do you simply walk up and say "yeah, that's me"?

Also, is it really so hard to obtain a picture ID? I keep reading it's discriminatory against blacks and hispanics but...what prevents them from getting something that poor white people appear to be able to do?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

In some poor black communities, there isn't a DMV or anywhere to get a photo id within an hours drive. Furthermore, a lot of these satellite DMVs are only open a few days a week. So if you don't have a car, you're pretty much screwed. And even if you can get there and can get the ID for free, it can often be hard to get the other documents you need in order to get the ID. For example, a birth certificate which can cost money to procure. So, if you don't have a car, or an extra $25 you're screwed as well.

So, if you're going to require a photo id to vote, you should provide access to get one and it shouldn't require jumping through hoops to get the necessary documents. Also, the gerrymandering around here is ridiculous, again, forcing people to drive really far from where they actually live to vote makes voting kind of hard for a lot of people.

Time to just chip everyone at birth. Will save time. Works for dogs and cats, should work for us.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

a judge also overturned portions of a vote i.d. law that wisconsin had passed, writing, in part:
"the state’s current process for getting free IDs to people who lack such documents [as birth certificates]...is unconstitutional and 'a wretched failure' because it has left a number of overwhelmingly black and Hispanic citizens unable to obtain IDs."
so within the last week, tx, nc and wis laws to restrict voting rights have been overturned.

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

So Proto, you see how a person can vote here, there and everywhere multiple times. Although votes don't actually count in most states.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 »

I live in rural Ohio - but just guessing here - I could get to 50 voting locations on voting day during open hours. With no photo IDs needed I could probably vote 50 times all over the place - sounds like a great/bad idea to me.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

They can't get ID's because it's too hard, yet can sign up and receive a variety of state and federal benefits.

how does this work?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Tirofijo
Sarge

Post by Tirofijo »

TerryB wrote:They can't get ID's because it's too hard, yet can sign up and receive a variety of state and federal benefits.

how does this work?
Exactly.

For the foreigners here...the idea is of a national identity card won't be entertained in the U.S. There's an anecdote that Reagan shot it down in a meeting by saying "why don't we just tattoo a number on everyone's forearm." I don't think its been seriously considered since. Instead, we have 51 different drivers licenses and id cards which should be proof of identity but aren't proof of citizenship.

For the Americans...most/many countries require its citizen to have (and sometimes carry at all time and produce upon request) a national identity card. It proves who you are and that you are a citizen (or permanent resident, as the case may be.) Democrats would flip out if we did that in the U.S., because it is apparently inherently racist to require one to show proof of identity and citizenship before exercising their civic right (or getting their Obama phone).

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

syaigh wrote:In some poor black communities, there isn't a DMV or anywhere to get a photo id within an hours drive. Furthermore, a lot of these satellite DMVs are only open a few days a week. So if you don't have a car, you're pretty much screwed. And even if you can get there and can get the ID for free, it can often be hard to get the other documents you need in order to get the ID. For example, a birth certificate which can cost money to procure. So, if you don't have a car, or an extra $25 you're screwed as well.

So, if you're going to require a photo id to vote, you should provide access to get one and it shouldn't require jumping through hoops to get the necessary documents. Also, the gerrymandering around here is ridiculous, again, forcing people to drive really far from where they actually live to vote makes voting kind of hard for a lot of people.

Time to just chip everyone at birth. Will save time. Works for dogs and cats, should work for us.
LULZ at these nigger apologetics. Tyrone lives 61 minutes from the county seat...DAY DISTRIMINATING AGAINST MEH CONSTITUTIONALS. I wonder why you never hear white people bitching and moaning about this bullshit? Much like the wheel, farming, and surviving in harsh winter climes...we'll figure it out.

Niggers congregate in urban areas like roaches, but they're suddenly the most isolated sub-species in America. Jesus Fucking Christ...I have heard it all. Another bullshit political narrative spun up by Democrats, the NAACP, the SPLC and every other professional nigger sitting service to justify their existence and rationalize the need for the plantation to keep all the darkies safe from white males, Republicans, and cops.

"In some poor black communities"...I am literally crying right now. Like there's thousands of these poor black nigger towns tucked away in the middle of nowhere with no proximity to get a driver's license. LULZ...you'd think the conversation would be about lack of polling stations since these dystopian nigger bergs evidently don't have access to basic technology like photography and printing...HOW THE HELL DO THEY EVEN MAKE IT TO A PLACE TO VOTE? How is that even happening? Do they all load up on a nigger church bus every time there's an election and drive to the nearest white utopia so that they can eat at the café and scratch their mark on a rock before casting it into the election cauldron?

This is gold...keep it coming, Hillary.

Yes I Have Balls

Protobuilder wrote:Also, is it really so hard to obtain a picture ID? I keep reading it's discriminatory against blacks and hispanics but...what prevents them from getting something that poor white people appear to be able to do?
If your Google machine is broken:

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-bla ... ldnt-vote/

Also, you might like "Give Us the Ballot" by Ari Berman.

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

It's not just about the IDs, it's about gaming the system from multiple angles.
Today, a federal court struck down North Carolina's voter-ID law, one of the strictest in the nation. In addition to requiring residents to show identification before they can cast a ballot, the law also eliminated same-day voter registration, eliminated seven days of early voting and put an end to out-of-precinct voting. The federal court ruling reinstates these provisions, for now.

Supporters of the law, like North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory, have long maintained that requirements like these were necessary to prevent voter fraud. But time and time again, scholars and legal experts have found that the type of fraud these laws are meant to combat is largely nonexistent.

One of the most comprehensive studies on the subject found only 31 individual cases of voter impersonation out of more than 1 billion votes cast in the United States since the year 2000. Researchers have found that reports of voter fraud are roughly as common as reports of alien abduction.
The data also showed that black voters were more likely to make use of early voting — particularly the first seven days out of North Carolina's 17-day voting period. So lawmakers eliminated these seven days of voting. "After receipt of this racial data, the General Assembly amended the bill to eliminate the first week of early voting, shortening the total early voting period from seventeen to ten days," the court found.

Most strikingly, the judges point to a "smoking gun" in North Carolina's justification for the law, proving discriminatory intent. The state argued in court that "counties with Sunday voting in 2014 were disproportionately black" and "disproportionately Democratic," and said it did away with Sunday voting as a result.

"Thus, in what comes as close to a smoking gun as we are likely to see in modern times, the State’s very justification for a challenged statute hinges explicitly on race — specifically its concern that African Americans, who had overwhelmingly voted for Democrats, had too much access to the franchise," the judges write in their decision.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... ck-voters/

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Protobuilder wrote:I don't really get the voter ID thing; you really need no proof of identity to be able to vote in the US? Do you simply walk up and say "yeah, that's me"?

Also, is it really so hard to obtain a picture ID? I keep reading it's discriminatory against blacks and hispanics but...what prevents them from getting something that poor white people appear to be able to do?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Thud wrote:It's not just about the IDs, it's about gaming the system from multiple angles.
Supporters of the law, like North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory, have long maintained that requirements like these were necessary to prevent voter fraud. But time and time again, scholars and legal experts have found that the type of fraud these laws are meant to combat is largely nonexistent.

One of the most comprehensive studies on the subject found only 31 individual cases of voter impersonation out of more than 1 billion votes cast in the United States since the year 2000. Researchers have found that reports of voter fraud are roughly as common as reports of alien abduction.
Who would ever know? The old folks working the precinct don't know, the ballot goes into the box/machine/computer, and it's done. Who keeps stats on voter fraud that isn't caught? And what resources are devoted to catching it? None? Next to none?

If it's so incredibly rare, as we're told, it's also incredibly easy, as James O'Keefe proved by walking into Eric Holder's precinct and getting his ballot.

It's a game. As usual, WaPo goes to bat for one team.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Thud
Sgt. Major

Post by Thud »

TerryB wrote:
Who would ever know?
As the article said: 7 papers, 4 government inquiries, 2 news investigations and 1 court ruling

Yes I Have Balls

TerryB wrote:Who keeps stats on voter fraud that isn't caught?
Classic cluster-fuck of an argument right here.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I doubt voter fraud is a huge deal but basic ID cards for citizens is not a crazy bolshevik plot.

The legit job of the lawmakers should be to make it slightly easier to get your shit together...not to let people off the hook because grownupping is hard.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Why not provide a place at polling stations for people to obtain a gov't photo ID if they don't have a DL? If you don't have a drivers license or passport, you can get something official there.

Lessens the possibility of voter fraud w/o unduly burdening our darker and/or poorer brethren.

Too simple?
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

as the article by yes i have balls shows, you need an i.d. to get an i.d.

what i.d. is good enough?

catch 22?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

dead man walking wrote:as the article by yes i have balls shows, you need an i.d. to get an i.d.

what i.d. is good enough?

catch 22?

So...no one can get an id?

Fucking bullshit. You bring in your birth certificate (readily available at county records in most places, with a fee), SSN, mail addressed to your perm. residence.

Certainly dirt poor people face tougher hurdles for everything but holy shit, this is simple stuff. How you plan on getting a job without ID? You think someone incapable of basic adult responsibilities deserves the ability to vote? Hell Fuckin No.

Yes I Have Balls

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Fucking bullshit. You bring in your birth certificate (readily available at county records in most places, with a fee), SSN, mail addressed to your perm. residence.
Yeah, if you're white. Wonder how accurate the record keeping was in the white run governments of the Jim Crow south? Either the BC is non-existent or it was "lost" or the name was misspelled, or the date of birth is off. These things aren't carefully monitored in places where black people are worth less than a good pony.

Imma guess you didn't read the article I posted.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Fucking bullshit. You bring in your birth certificate (readily available at county records in most places, with a fee), SSN, mail addressed to your perm. residence.
Yeah, if you're white. Wonder how accurate the record keeping was in the white run governments of the Jim Crow south? Either the BC is non-existent or it was "lost" or the name was misspelled, or the date of birth is off. These things aren't carefully monitored in places where black people are worth less than a good pony.

Imma guess you didn't read the article I posted.
I read it an found it not compelling in the slightest...but that's not at issue. Certainly the government has a responsibility to provide access to the machinery of citizenship...records and ID being fairly basic moving pieces of those. But the vast preponderance of people we're talking about weren't born in the Jim Crow south, they were born later and have a duty independent of the franchise to get their shit together on a basic level sufficient for government benefits, taxation, employment screening etc.

Yes...we should do a better job of making the process of getting ID straightforward. No Fuckin Way should we be handing the keys to a representative republic to anyone who can't manage to figure that basic shit out.

EDIT: Let me be more clear...the debate should NOT be about letting undocumented people vote. Full stop. NFW. The debate should be as it is in other states with motor vote and the like, how do we BEST ensure everyone has the tools needed to become a registered voter...Lowering the bar has rarely benefited society, while trying to get everyone to meet basic standards will benefit society.

Yes I Have Balls

Blaidd Drwg wrote:how do we BEST ensure everyone has the tools needed to become a registered voter...
I agree with you... The GOP in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin do not.

How would you lead them towards your dream of all Americans being registered to vote vs. their on-going plan to limit black and poor people from voting Democrat?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:how do we BEST ensure everyone has the tools needed to become a registered voter...
I agree with you... The GOP in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin do not.

How would you lead them towards your dream of all Americans being registered to vote vs. their on-going plan to limit black and poor people from voting Democrat?

Lulz.

That's not my dream, it's what's reasonable given the circumstances. My dream would be for less access to the polls for a whole host of people on both sides of the aisle.