Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Men's bread

Post by Turdacious »

I've been trying to eat a little healthier lately, of course this means increasing the quality of my carbs. Something I have found that works well is Men's bread. Sometimes I've just got to have a sandwich.

The main ingredients are: red spring wheat flour, water, flaxseed, pumpkin seed. There is a bunch of other stuff, mostly seeds and exotic grains, in there too. All the ingredients are organic, and mostly sprouted. The grains and nuts are not overprocessed. They add a few things, like soy isoflavones and pea protein isolate, I assume to boost the protein content. Whether some of the more exotic stuff is good for you or not is beyond my knowledge. Either way, carbs are low, and the dietary fiber is high.

The downsides are that it costs $5 a loaf, and is not available in a lot of places. Still, it tastes pretty good, and at the rate I am eating it, a loaf lasts about a week and a half.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Admit it bitch, you want a hot loaf of MAN.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fatty, type with your pants ON.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It's cooler this way.

Mike Mahler
Gunny

Post by Mike Mahler »

Good stuff but hemp bread is better. Higher in protein and gets you high as a kite ;-)

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Mike Mahler wrote:Good stuff but hemp bread is better. Higher in protein and gets you high as a kite ;-)
For some reason I just had a flashback with Janis and some green tinted glasses. 8-[
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Do you have to go to a head shop to get it?

Abandoned by Wolves

Post by Abandoned by Wolves »

I agree with Mike, "Hemp" bread is da bomb. It's the most substantial, satisfying slab o' fibrous goodness you will ever encounter. "Man's Bread" is a great product, no lie, but it comes in a distinct second to Hemp bread.

I can find both these items at "Wild Oats", a kind of yuppie health food franchise that has stores in most major cities. Trader Joe's might have it, also.
"I also think training like a Navy S.E.A.L. is stupid for the average person. I would say PT like an infantry unit, run, body weight stuff, hump a little, a little weights and enjoy life if you are not training for specifics." -tough old man

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Hemp should only be used for its intended purpose. Stop your fake ass hippie.