Westside vs. The World

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Luke

Westside vs. The World

Post by Luke »

A great look at the history of Westside, Louie and all its characters. I didn't know too much about Matt Dimmel so the coverage they gave him was interesting.

I agree with Adam Carolla when he says anything can be made interesting in a documentary format. However, this isn't one I think I could show my girlfriend and have her enjoy it for too long. It gets very inside baseball very quickly and doesn't really let up.

https://www.westsidevstheworld.com/

motherjuggs&speed

Westside vs. The World

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

It's on YT now, don't know for how long. It would have been a lot better without the voiceover and without attempting to explain things to people who aren't into PL and won't get it anyway. It paints a more complex picture of Louie Simmons and the Westside crew than the usual narratives.

Pete Rubish has talked about how Tren helped his strength more than anything but it also made him much more aggressive and hostile. I wonder how much of the attitude the Westsiders were known for was due to the magic beans and especially tren.

Topic author
Luke

Westside vs. The World

Post by Luke »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:45 am It's on YT now, don't know for how long. It would have been a lot better without the voiceover and without attempting to explain things to people who aren't into PL and won't get it anyway. It paints a more complex picture of Louie Simmons and the Westside crew than the usual narratives.

Pete Rubish has talked about how Tren helped his strength more than anything but it also made him much more aggressive and hostile. I wonder how much of the attitude the Westsiders were known for was due to the magic beans and especially tren.
I watched Rubish's video too. He was such a cock when he came onto the scene, I remember thinking how anyone could be in the same room with him for more than a minute. Turns out not many were. As an aside, his maturation as a lifter and person is interesting to see. Many other heavy hitters of that era faded away like Brandon Lilly. He can relate from both sides of the fence now.

With regards to the Westside magic beans, lately I was taken back to an old thread on here started by BobW when he was dying. It seemed Louie was about low/moderate doses and probably not a lot of wacky shit was used. On the Elitefts podcast with Rubish, Tate was saying good shit got pretty scarce, but didn't seem selective about what he took. Would love to know more about it.