Psy ops in Hollywood

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
motherjuggs&speed

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

"Files we obtained, mainly through the US Freedom of Information Act, show that between 1911 and 2017, more than 800 feature films received support from the US Government’s Department of Defence (DoD), a significantly higher figure than previous estimates indicate. These included blockbuster franchises such as Transformers, Iron Man, and The Terminator.
On television, we found over 1,100 titles received Pentagon backing – 900 of them since 2005, from Flight 93 to Ice Road Truckers to Army Wives."

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/ho ... 18191.html

Ronald RayGun

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Shout-outs to tax dollars going toward shit I enjoy.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by baffled »

I remember in Sociology 101 (a required class that I would have never taken on my own) they professor was harping all the time about this. From GI Joe, to Terminator etc, and on to Zero Dark Thirty, which came out a while after I graduated.

Wasn't the Obama White House open about slipping details to the producers of Zero Dark Thirty so the operation to kill Bin Laden would be more true to the events? Or was that one of the weird things Darth would talk about and used to jack it to when his New Gingrich figurine needed cleaning?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Bennyonesix1

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

It's not just Hollywood. It's newspapers and social media sites too.

It was widespread before Smith-Mundt Bill but went brute force hyperbolic after that.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by baffled »

What's the effect coined by the physicist?

He would open the paper and see in the science section or whatever that they almost always got the science startlingly wrong, so he just took it for what it was. Then, he realized that if they got the science that bad, how much more were did they get wrong or just flat out lie about?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Ronald RayGun

Psy ops in Hollywood

Post by Ronald RayGun »

These Hollywood Psy-Ops fuck faces need to quit dicking around and Psy-Op me a decent Green Lantern movie.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar