Thanksgiving

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
motherjuggs&speed

Thanksgiving

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Before I go out I put on my winter jacket. It's not that cold but I want to wrap myself in it, my fortress of safety and comfort. I like that it's just cold enough to keep people from coming out, cold enough that the air is still, cold enough to be happy to be warm. The leaves make soft scrunchy sounds as I walk past the houses with the TVs glowing, the shadows against the windows, the smell of smoke from fireplaces. Solitude is often lonely, often unhappy, but on a day when everyone's inside I have the world to myself.

Ronald RayGun

Thanksgiving

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Spent it with some wonderful folks. Ate great food. Drank a bunch. All = Gratitude. Also, I LOVE having the world to myself. I often take walks @ 3ish AM. Even in this cold. Owning the world, or the very small patch of it I claim is fucking tremendous.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Thanksgiving

Post by nafod »

Glad you had a nice walk, friend.

I ate until I was in pain. Yum.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Thanksgiving

Post by Bram »

Got to connect with my Dad’s side of the family. It’s been a struggle to the last few years, and it was feeling like a futile battle, but I’m happy to have had some genuinely good experiences together with them over the past few days.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Ronald RayGun

Thanksgiving

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I spent mine as the only white, non-Spanish speaker in the joint. If there's one thing I've come to know about Mexican folks is that they want to make sure you're fed/not-sober. God bless em.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
motherjuggs&speed

Thanksgiving

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

¡órale!