Chatbot GBT

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Bram »

https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

Not sure what the range of functions are, but typed in:

“Write an essay on Taoism”

And

“Write an essay on a pull-up program”

Both times it quickly spit out a decently written paper in ~20 seconds. The Taoism one only lacked a better conclusion (a carbon copy of the second paragraph). The pull-up program I disagreed with a few of the accessory exercises. But, these are like 1-2 sentences of correction each.

I thought it was dope and look forwards to using it more.
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Chatbot GBT

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

This thing is astonishing.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Chatbot GBT

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Bram, here you go for the next time
Prompt
compose an email that is firing a fitness/nutrition client who isn't complying with the program I laid out. Not accusatory, it's just not the right fit and he's got a medical need to get things under control, and isn't doing so with me. Make this less formal that your usual letters, but not filled with slang
Response
Hi [Client],

I wanted to reach out to you to discuss your progress with our fitness and nutrition program. Unfortunately, I've noticed that you haven't been following the program as closely as I had hoped.

I understand that you have a medical need to get your health under control, and I want to do everything I can to help you achieve that goal. However, it's clear that our program isn't the right fit for you.

I want you to know that I'm here to support you and help you achieve your health goals, but if you're not able to follow the program as it's laid out, I'm afraid I can't continue to work with you. I wish you all the best in finding a program that works for you and your needs.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best,
[Your Name]
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Bram »

=D>

Perfect!
"An adventurer comes back and tells you what they did, while an explorer comes back and tells you what they learned."

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Gene »

"Compose an essay on the over reliance on corporate media."

"The over reliance on corporate media has had significant negative impacts on society and democracy. Corporate media refers to media outlets that are owned and controlled by large corporations, rather than being independently owned or publicly funded. These media outlets often prioritize profit over the public interest and can be influenced by their corporate owners and advertisers.

One of the main problems with corporate media is that it can lead to a lack of diversity in the information and perspectives that are presented to the public. Because corporate media outlets are driven by profit, they often prioritize sensational and controversial stories over more important or nuanced issues. This can result in a narrow range of viewpoints being represented, as well as a focus on superficial or shallow coverage of important topics.

Another issue with corporate media is that it can contribute to the polarization of society. Because corporate media outlets often cater to specific audiences and have their own biases, they can contribute to the echo chambers and filter bubbles that exist online. This can lead to people becoming more entrenched in their own viewpoints and less open to hearing opposing perspectives, which can further divide society.

Corporate media can also have negative impacts on democracy. Because media plays a crucial role in informing the public and shaping public opinion, the influence of corporate media can give certain groups or interests disproportionate power in shaping the public discourse. This can lead to the public being misled or misinformed, which can have serious consequences for democracy."

Session - Dec 26 2022, 1518 hours.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Gene »

"compose an essay on the hazards of relying upon narratives rather than exploring facts."

"Relying upon narratives rather than exploring facts can have serious hazards and consequences. A narrative is a story or account that is often used to explain or interpret events or experiences. While narratives can be useful for helping us understand and make sense of the world around us, they can also be misleading or incomplete if they are not based on facts.

One hazard of relying upon narratives is that it can lead to misinformation and misunderstandings. When we rely on narratives rather than facts, we may be basing our understanding of a situation on incomplete or biased information. This can lead to misunderstandings and misconceptions that can have serious consequences, such as when people make decisions based on misinformation or when misinformation is used to manipulate public opinion.

Another hazard of relying upon narratives is that it can contribute to polarization and division. When people rely on narratives rather than facts, they may be more likely to hold onto their own viewpoints and beliefs, even if they are not supported by evidence. This can lead to the development of echo chambers and filter bubbles, where people are only exposed to information that confirms their existing beliefs. This can further polarize society and make it more difficult for people to have productive and respectful conversations about important issues.

A third hazard of relying upon narratives is that it can undermine the pursuit of truth and understanding. When we rely on narratives rather than exploring facts, we may be more likely to accept convenient or appealing explanations rather than seeking out more complex or nuanced understandings of the world. This can prevent us from gaining a deeper understanding of the issues and challenges that we face as a society.

In conclusion, relying upon narratives rather than exploring facts can have serious hazards and consequences. It can lead to misinformation and misunderstandings, contribute to polarization and division, and undermine the pursuit of truth and understanding. It is important to carefully consider the sources of information that we rely upon and to strive to understand the world based on facts and evidence."

Session Dec 26 2022 1522hrs local time

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Gene »

I spent half an hour conversing with it. It's not bad but there places where one can see patterns.... This is why I posted two essays and emotional topics.

Perhaps some kids will abuse it to write themselves papers? I inquired with Chatbot regarding this topic, on the off chance that others had asked. The entity offered a list of tools that teachers can use to detect plagarism.

Bennyonesix1

Chatbot GBT

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Can you ask this thing to write a paper on Vespasian and the Sack of Jerusalem without plagarizing?

Because hahahahahahaha if you can.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Chatbot GBT

Post by Gene »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:21 pm Can you ask this thing to write a paper on Vespasian and the Sack of Jerusalem without plagarizing?

Because hahahahahahaha if you can.
I don't know if this is plagiarized or not.....

"write an essay about Vespasian and the Sack of Jerusalem"

"Vespasian was a Roman general and statesman who served as Emperor of Rome from 69 to 79 AD. During his reign, Vespasian led the Roman military campaign against the Jewish rebellion in Palestine, culminating in the sack of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

The Jewish rebellion, also known as the First Jewish-Roman War, began in 66 AD when a group of Jewish nationalists known as the Zealots rose up against Roman rule in Palestine. The Romans responded by sending troops to quell the rebellion, but the fighting quickly escalated into a full-blown war.

Vespasian, who had previously served as governor of Syria and was known for his military prowess, was appointed commander of the Roman forces in Palestine in 67 AD. He quickly set about the task of defeating the rebels, and by 69 AD he had largely succeeded in restoring Roman control over the region.

One of the key events of the war was the siege of Jerusalem, which began in the spring of 70 AD. Vespasian's son, Titus, led the Roman forces in the attack on the city, which was defended by a group of Zealots led by Simon Bar Giora and John of Gischala. After several months of intense fighting, the Romans were able to breach the city's walls and enter the city.

The Romans then went on a rampage, looting and plundering the city and killing many of its inhabitants. The Second Temple, which was a central focus of Jewish religious and cultural life, was destroyed, and much of the city was left in ruins.

Vespasian's victory over the Jews was a major achievement and solidified his position as Emperor. However, the sack of Jerusalem and the destruction of the Second Temple were seen as a great tragedy by many Jews, and the events of the war continue to be remembered and mourned by Jews to this day.

In conclusion, Vespasian played a key role in the Roman military campaign against the Jewish rebellion in Palestine, culminating in the sack of Jerusalem in 70 AD. While Vespasian's victory was a major achievement, the destruction of Jerusalem and the Second Temple had a lasting impact on Jewish history and continue to be remembered and mourned by Jews to this day."

Bennyonesix1

Chatbot GBT

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

The key would be a command to not plagiarize. Idk if that is possible. But detecting cheating then would be very difficult absent some embedded code in the product alerting teachers. Or the thing uploading all essays to some database with teacher access.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Chatbot GBT

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Actually, I think a kid used this for a paper I gave him to write.