Coffee.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Sassenach
ironslinger

Coffee.

Post by Sassenach »

Coffee is for closers.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

The Crawdaddy

Re: Coffee.

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Didn't we just do this a few days ago?
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

The Crawdaddy wrote:Didn't we just do this a few days ago?
It's been a week or so.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Do you see this watch?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

It takes brass balls to sell real estate.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

That bloated fuck ever told me to put down my cup of Joe I'd fling it in his face right before I kicked his nuts into his throat and spiral fractured his closest wrist and elbow.

"There you fuck, your closed."

Fuck with my coffee and you die! :axe:

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I'm thinking about quitting.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Me too Mickey. 15-20 cups in the morning makes me jittery.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Andy78 wrote:Me too Mickey. 15-20 cups in the morning makes me jittery.
Well, I've gotten up to a pot in the a.m. and 2-4 sugar-free Red Bull, Monster or Rockstar throughout the day. And from what I have read I will actually have more energy and be more clear headed without it all.

Dux
Sgt. Major

Post by Dux »

For the past 20 years I only drink orange juice in the morning.
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt "

JonnyCat
Staff Sergeant

Post by JonnyCat »

I totally agree you should give up the Bull and Monster, Mick, but don't go all Romney on us and throw out the Joe. Limit your coffee consumption to the good stuff (quality beans) and focus on espresso over anything else. There are benefits to coffee beyond the caffeine hit, but the main thing is to make sure you're savoring what you drink, and getting the most from your java. People who know me think I'm some kind of coffee-holic but the grand total of my daily consumption of coffee comes to 3 small cups of espresso a day, on average. Once I started drinking espresso, conventional methods of making coffee had less appeal and I drank less of it.

Good beans are one life's great pleasures. The aroma, flavor and experience of enjoying a nice espresso is one man's greatest accomplishments.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

JonnyCat wrote:I totally agree you should give up the Bull and Monster, Mick, but don't go all Romney on us and throw out the Joe. Limit your coffee consumption to the good stuff (quality beans) and focus on espresso over anything else. There are benefits to coffee beyond the caffeine hit, but the main thing is to make sure you're savoring what you drink, and getting the most from your java. People who know me think I'm some kind of coffee-holic but the grand total of my daily consumption of coffee comes to 3 small cups of espresso a day, on average. Once I started drinking espresso, conventional methods of making coffee had less appeal and I drank less of it.

Good beans are one life's great pleasures. The aroma, flavor and experience of enjoying a nice espresso is one man's greatest accomplishments.
This makes sense. Maybe I should invest in an espresso maker.

bigpeach
Buttnugget McTwistynutz

Post by bigpeach »

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Mickey O'neil wrote:
JonnyCat wrote:I totally agree you should give up the Bull and Monster, Mick, but don't go all Romney on us and throw out the Joe. Limit your coffee consumption to the good stuff (quality beans) and focus on espresso over anything else. There are benefits to coffee beyond the caffeine hit, but the main thing is to make sure you're savoring what you drink, and getting the most from your java. People who know me think I'm some kind of coffee-holic but the grand total of my daily consumption of coffee comes to 3 small cups of espresso a day, on average. Once I started drinking espresso, conventional methods of making coffee had less appeal and I drank less of it.

This makes sense. Maybe I should invest in an espresso maker.
If you go with a stovetop greca, it isn't that big of an investment.

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Most likely long term habitual coffee drinkers will never feel 'best' without it.

CharlieBob
Sarge

Post by CharlieBob »

Why be dependent on anything to feel "normal"? Caffeine can be a nice treat every once in a while, and a good pick-me-up when running on low, but should not be required for normal functionality. The nice part of this philosophy is that when I do actually need a pick-me-up I am sensitive enough that a single cup of coffee works fantastic. This way you also skip out on all the sugar and other shit in energy drinks, starbucks, etc.
"I swear by my life and by my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine"

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

Attention! Do I have your attention? I know I do because it's fuck or walk.
Interest. Are you interested.
Decision. Have you made your decision for Christ.
And action. They're out there waiting to give you their money. Are you going to close you cocksuckers? Are you man enough to close?
It's great to be first at last

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Ohhhh jeezz I'm sensing a bunch of tea drinkers here...

syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Hey! Tea is a great after coffee drink! Goddamn most expansive Empire in History was made by a bunch of tea drinkers.

Nice cup of Constant Comment, 2 sugars, a squirt of honey and a dash of cream.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

vern

Post by vern »

I've gotta close this next fucker or I don't eat lunch.
“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

beefheart
Sergeant Commanding

Post by beefheart »

You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?
ab g-d wrote:I can't understand how, given the training they did, the cavemen beat the dinosaurs.

Thatcher II

Post by Thatcher II »

beefheart wrote:You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?
All train carriages smell vaguely of shit.
It's great to be first at last

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Caribou Coffee has been on sale locally. Thanks to my trip years ago to the great North. I love this stuff.
The Armenian Artist and I split a pot each morning. One of life's small pleasures.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Giving up coffee makes about as much sense as giving up sex or violence.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Shade grown coffee benefits song birds who use the coffee plant as a natural habitat, reduces the need for fertilizers and herbicides, and promotes biodiversification. Unfortunately, the production of a shade grown coffee estate is almost 1/3 that of a non-shaded coffee farm. Therefore, there is an alarming trend towards technification or the planting of new hybrids in organized fields to maximize profits. Approximately 150 bird species live on farms of shade grown coffee, whereas non-shaded coffee supports s few as 20-50 species. Between 1980 and 1994 the songbird populations have steadily decreased. There are 70% fewer Tennessee Warbles, 30% fewer Baltimore Orioles, and 50% less Cape May Warbles due in part to technification. However, these numbers and the causes for the decrease in bird populations have been debated heavily. Until it is decided that growing shade grown, bird friendly coffee is economically feasible, the trend towards technification will continue.
http://www.coffeeresearch.org/politics/birdsafe.htm

You damn coffee drinkers and your technification!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule