Dolph Lundgren

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Luke

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Luke »

Very sick apparently, not that he's really showing it. And that's my issue.

When a genetic specimen like him is felled with terminal illness, I'm way more bothered than someone who never took care of themselves, and wonder how much healthy living is really just about giving us a sense of control over something that is entirely out of ours.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Bram »

My mom died of cancer in her early 40’s. She ate very healthy, followed her passions, and was a kind soul.

Sometimes you choose the wrong table to sit at — cigarettes, too much sun, whatever. Sometimes you just get dealt bad cards.

Looked up Dolph Lundgren’s story. In 2015, he was given 2-3 years to live. He got a second opinion and that doctor gave him medication that supposedly shrinks the tumors of Lundgren’s kind of cancer by 90%.

Sending good thoughts Dolph’s way :)
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Bram »

As for healthy living….

When I do certain things (say running) for the wrong reasons (get shredded!), it feels like it drains life of it’s joy. But if I run because I love running, or want to explore a new town, or wonder if I can make it to that hilltop over there…then life gets better.

People often don’t know if their number’s up, it’s not a bad idea to try and enjoy the journey as long as it lasts.

Topic author
Luke

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Luke »

What I struggle to reconcile is, I was taught doing all the good things would circumvent sitting at the wrong table. Dolph's biochemistry, training, diet, powercleans, hooked up to the Soviet machines in Rocky, superior genetics...science had me believing it would fuck that cancer shit right off.

If the healthy stuff augments your life and you enjoy doing it - yep absolutely. I wonder about how worthwhile all the time spent debating about properties of supplements, practices and having longevity discussions is, when there's something that strongly looks like preordained fate that doesn't cowtow to the latest Life Extension blend.

It's mother's day here. My mum went a similar way to what Dolph's got going....so sorry to hear about yours Bram.

Ronald RayGun

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Ronald RayGun »

It's a real crap-shoot. My fam has the Cockroach/Peasant Gene, so we can abuse our bodies with heavy drugs & alcohol well into our 70s and skate into darkness. It's happened a few times that I've witnessed, anyway. Fair just ain't a thing.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Bram »

Hey Luke!

I’m sorry to hear about your mom too. Yesterday, I had the fortune to spend Mother’s Day with my aunt. The last few years I’ve celebrated the day by doing stuff my mom loved: meditating, visiting the local photography museum or taking photographs, cooking healthy Asian food. Sharing because maybe it’s something you’d like to do too, honoring what she loved in whichever ways she showed it.

:heart:

Topic author
Luke

Dolph Lundgren

Post by Luke »

That's the way to do it, Bram. Coincidentally we went out for dinner and my sister and I agreed we are much less worried and accepting about death now. My health OCD which used to be excruciating has largely gone.

I suspect my dad has got the same gene, Ronald. I hope it sticks with me.