First Mueller Charges Filed

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

First Mueller Charges Filed

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Usually when the WH/FoxNews gang starts going apey, there is bad news coming. Apparently this is it this time:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-t ... SKBN1CX02C

Manafort? Flynn? It's getting real.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Re: First Mueller Charges Filed

Post by Herv100 »

Manafort/Podesta for 2013-14 dealings. Mueller gets his scalps and steps aside for imminent new special prosecutor for Uranium One, Dossier, FBI, Unmasking, etc.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Herv100 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 pm Manafort/Podesta for 2013-14 dealings. Mueller gets his scalps and steps aside for imminent new special prosecutor for Uranium One, Dossier, FBI, Unmasking, etc.
Ain't going to work my friend, although it might be fun to watch.

I predict they'll be some more #metoo tweets with Trump's name on them, now that Harvey Weinstein burst the dam. Enjoy watching Sarah Huckabee defend him.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

The feature may be great, it may not be. But lets not kid ourselves-- we haven't even seen the previews yet.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

nafod wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am
Herv100 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 pm Manafort/Podesta for 2013-14 dealings. Mueller gets his scalps and steps aside for imminent new special prosecutor for Uranium One, Dossier, FBI, Unmasking, etc.
Ain't going to work my friend, although it might be fun to watch.

I predict they'll be some more #metoo tweets with Trump's name on them, now that Harvey Weinstein burst the dam. Enjoy watching Sarah Huckabee defend him.
Yeah, actual "collusion" and real scandals are no big deal because they involve people you like. You're this intellectually dishonest and you're a teacher?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Herv100 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 am Yeah, actual "collusion" and real scandals are no big deal because they involve people you like. You're this intellectually dishonest and you're a teacher?
One of Hillary and Trump is actually in the Presidency, finger near the nuke button and can actually cause real damage. The other is a has-been who can't. Pretty easy to figure out where the attention needs to be.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Welp, I was right in the first part. Now we'll see about the second

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

BREAKING: Manafort helped Obama/Hillary/Pedostas/Soros overthrow Ukraine! LULZ

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

The sweet joys of Manafort Monday. Some of this be going on...

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????
10:25 AM - Oct 30, 2017
Uhhh, because you're the President and she's not, and you're a shitty judge of character (at best).

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Speaking of which

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Wait a minute, but did Manafort have INTENT? LOL

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Manafort: "This is from a long time ago and I was intoxicated. I don't really remember. Also, I am now living as a gay man."

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

papadopoulos, campaign guy digging dirt on hillary thru russian connections, pled guilty.

i predict more fun to follow.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

dead man walking wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:43 pm papadopoulos, campaign guy digging dirt on hillary thru russian connections, pled guilty.

i predict more fun to follow.
Also an "active cooperator," which I've seen referred to as "wore a wire."
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Herv100 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:54 pm Manafort: "This is from a long time ago and I was intoxicated. I don't really remember. Also, I am now living as a gay man."
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

Herv100 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 amYeah, actual "collusion" and real scandals are no big deal because they involve people you like.
"Real scandals" and "Uranium One" in the same reference? LOL.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Tony Pedosta resigns.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

JimZipCode wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 pm
Herv100 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 amYeah, actual "collusion" and real scandals are no big deal because they involve people you like.
I guess we'll see what the FBI informant says, huh?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Herv100 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:26 pm
JimZipCode wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:58 pm
I guess we'll see what the FBI informant says, huh?
Not sure they need an informant for the money laundering charges.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

from npr:
Apparent Russian agents began reaching out to Donald Trump's presidential campaign as early as March of 2016, the Justice Department established in documents released Monday, with appeals for partnership and offers of help including "dirt" on . . . Hillary Clinton.

What is now known is that Russia tried to infiltrate the Trump campaign — and did so successfully, at least at some level. . . .

The court documents also establish that Russia promised "thousands of emails" that would have "dirt" on Hillary Clinton to Papadopoulos in April 2016. . . .

"I will tell you this, Russia: If you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said, appearing to encourage Russia to continue digging.
the obvious connection is between hard-style kettlebell comrades from russia and u.s.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The first big takeaway from Monday morning’s flurry of charging and plea documents with respect to Paul Manafort Jr., Richard Gates III and George Papadopoulos is this: The president of the United States had as his campaign chairman a man who had allegedly served for years as an unregistered foreign agent for a puppet government of Vladimir Putin, a man who was allegedly laundering remarkable sums of money even while running the now-president’s campaign, a man who allegedly lied about all of this to the FBI and the Justice Department.

The second big takeaway is even starker: A member of President Trump’s campaign team admits that he was working with people he knew to be tied to the Russian government to “arrange a meeting between the Campaign and the Russian government officials” and to obtain “dirt” on Hillary Clinton in the form of thousands of hacked emails—and that he lied about these activities to the FBI. He briefed President Trump on at least some of them.

Before we dive any deeper into the Manafort-Gates indictment—charges to which both pled not guilty to Monday—or the Papadopoulos plea and stipulation, let’s pause a moment over these two remarkable claims, one of which still must be considered as allegation and the other of which can now be considered as admitted fact. President Trump, in short, had on his campaign at least one person, and allegedly two people, who actively worked with adversarial foreign governments in a fashion they sought to criminally conceal from investigators. One of them ran the campaign. The other, meanwhile, was interfacing with people he “understood to have substantial connections to Russian government officials” and with a person introduced to him as “a relative of Russian President Vladimir Putin with connections to senior Russian government officials.” All of this while President Trump was assuring the American people that he and his campaign had "nothing to do with Russia." [...]

The Manafort-Gates indictment is, in a different way, also dramatic. The amount of money allegedly at issue in breathtaking. According to paragraph 6 of the indictment, “more than $75,000,000 flowed through the offshore accounts” that Manafort and Gates controlled. Eighteen million of these dollars are specifically alleged to have been laundered. This money laundering “to hide Ukraine payments from United States authorities” allegedly took place through the entire period of Manafort’s service in the Trump campaign.
https://www.lawfareblog.com/robert-muel ... y-analysis

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

If I understand the situation, Putin helped Trump via collusion and financing $100K in online ads. Putin also helped Hillary by colluding w/the DNC to make Trump look like a colluding urophile. Between all that he managed to snag 20% of our Uranium output.

One side condemns the other while excusing themselves the MSM, as always, misses the real story.
PUTIN IS A FUCKING BOSS!
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

JimZipCode wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:32 pm
#FakeNews
What federal statutes are you alleging Donald Trump violated?

You realize that Clinton did the exact same thing? The only difference being she used a cutout?

If there is a federal law in which Trump is in violation of, do you think Clinton is absolved from moral blame because of the cut out?

Does not Occam's Razor favor that this is all the feds have? A bullshit lying in an interview and some financial shenanigans pre campaign?

Btw I hated Manafort and thought Trump should have stayed with Lewandowski.

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

bennyonesix wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:03 amWhat federal statutes are you alleging Donald Trump violated?
I spose you're talking to me, Buchwald? Since you're replying to my post? I haven't made any allegations about Trump violating statues, pissing on Nathan Bedford Forrest, or anything else.

Speculating, maybe campaign finance fraud? Perhaps anti-hacking laws if they received some of the DNC emails before Assange released them. I imagine Mueller can think of something. But tactically, he may not want to bring a federal indictment and let Trump open the can of worms of trying to pardon himself. Instead I could see him handing off to the New York state AG, and let them bring a case for corruption / racketeering / whatever. A state criminal proceeding, where Trump's pardoning privilege would be null.

That's all very, very speculative. Close to fantasy.

bennyonesix wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:03 amYou realize that Clinton did the exact same thing? The only difference being she used a cutout?

If there is a federal law in which Trump is in violation of, do you think Clinton is absolved from moral blame because of the cut out?
Why are you so obsessed with talking about Mrs Clinton? She was never elected president, so far as I'm aware. The last "Clinton Administration" ended 16 years ago.

Anyway, watching the conservative False Equivalency Machine rev up to top gear should be amusing, though honestly it's become pretty tiresome in its third decade.

bennyonesix wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:03 amDoes not Occam's Razor favor that this is all the feds have? A bullshit lying in an interview and some financial shenanigans pre campaign?
The simplest explanation is that Mueller is behaving the way special prosecutors and prosecutors of white-collar crimes usually behave. This is something else I don't know shit about. Politico quotes several such:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/ ... ump-244344
“In unsealing it, he knows he’s sending messages to at least three or four other operatives and their lawyers that he’s got somebody in his corner who could be damaging to their interests,” said Randall Samborn, a former senior aide on the George W. Bush-era special counsel investigation into who leaked the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson.
“I’d be very surprised if it’s the last indictment we see,” said Julie Myers Wood, a former lead prosecutor during Kenneth Starr’s independent counsel investigation into President Bill Clinton.
Several former federal prosecutors said Mueller made a smart strategic decision by waiting until Monday to release the Papadopoulos plea, which signals legal exposure to anyone who was in contact with the foreign policy aide during the campaign as well as people who were in touch with him in more recent months without knowing he was cooperating with investigators.
“The game has just begun,” said Paul Rosenzweig, a senior counsel from the Starr investigation. “Don’t expect a resolution anytime soon — this is just the bottom of the second inning in a long game.”
But sure, you could be right, this could be the end of it.