Harvey

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Re: Harvey

Post by bennyonesix »

DrDonkeyLove wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:53 pm First off, yeah, development in Houston ran roughshod over maintaining watersheds and wetlands.
Second, it's serious as fuck down here, even now, I'm waiting for the Brazos River to crest, and hope it doesn't flood my area.
Third, anybody here using this as some kind of fucking soapbox for pro Trump/anti Trump or whatever can fuck right off.

Some other shit: 500K cars will need to be replaced. Huge numbers of homes will need remediation, I don't even know how many. Billions of dollars in infrastructure repairs will be needed. Between FEMA and insurance companies, there isn't going to be anybody getting a free house upgrade here.

You can bet there are truckloads of illegals here to start getting the work done. Also, I imagine I am going to be putting in a lot of volunteer hours helping folks get back into their homes. There is an army of people down here ready to volunteer and help
If ever there was a time & place for some kind of amnesty (maybe just temporary), this is it.

From a long distance away it looks like a well run, multi-racial, multi-ethnic effort that's inspirational in the midst of the chaos and tragedy.
Bullshit. The reconstruction would be done better and faster with non-illegal gouging contractors. Better still all union.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

bennyonesix wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 am
DrDonkeyLove wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:53 pm First off, yeah, development in Houston ran roughshod over maintaining watersheds and wetlands.
Second, it's serious as fuck down here, even now, I'm waiting for the Brazos River to crest, and hope it doesn't flood my area.
Third, anybody here using this as some kind of fucking soapbox for pro Trump/anti Trump or whatever can fuck right off.

Some other shit: 500K cars will need to be replaced. Huge numbers of homes will need remediation, I don't even know how many. Billions of dollars in infrastructure repairs will be needed. Between FEMA and insurance companies, there isn't going to be anybody getting a free house upgrade here.

You can bet there are truckloads of illegals here to start getting the work done. Also, I imagine I am going to be putting in a lot of volunteer hours helping folks get back into their homes. There is an army of people down here ready to volunteer and help
If ever there was a time & place for some kind of amnesty (maybe just temporary), this is it.

From a long distance away it looks like a well run, multi-racial, multi-ethnic effort that's inspirational in the midst of the chaos and tragedy.
Bullshit. The reconstruction would be done better and faster with non-illegal gouging contractors. Better still all union.
Bigly!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Great poast. Good work.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Shaf, would a blow-up inflatable sex doll be helpful right now?
Don’t believe everything you think.