So, Minnesota

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

So, Minnesota

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I have no idea why they haven't arrested that cop. Clearly murdered the guy on camera. The longer they dig in the harder it will be to change course later. I don't get it.

I'm generally anti-riot, but of course people are going to riot.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: So, Minnesota

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Protests are heating up all over. St. Louis is getting jumpy over another killing. Now this one, which looks cut and dry against the cop.
Trump of course threatening to take control of the situation in Minnesota to clear out the protestors.
Not going to end well, I'm afraid.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm a firm believer in the belief that whatever the initial take is on a story, it is wrong. But this is a mind-boggling twist...say what????
Minneapolis City Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins said George Floyd and fired police officer Derek Chauvin knew each other for many years because they worked security at the same night club. On Monday, Chauvin, who is white, was captured on video with a knee on Floyd’s neck. Floyd, who was black, died.

Both men worked at El Nuevo Rodeo on Lake Street before their last encounter.

They were both bouncers at that restaurant for 17 years,” Jenkins told CNN. “So, Officer Chauvin, he knew George. They were co-workers for a really long time.”
Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pm I'm a firm believer in the belief that whatever the initial take is on a story, it is wrong. But this is a mind-boggling twist...say what????
Minneapolis City Council Vice President Andrea Jenkins said George Floyd and fired police officer Derek Chauvin knew each other for many years because they worked security at the same night club. On Monday, Chauvin, who is white, was captured on video with a knee on Floyd’s neck. Floyd, who was black, died.

They were both bouncers at that restaurant for 17 years,” Jenkins told CNN. “So, Officer Chauvin, he knew George. They were co-workers for a really long time.”
Yeah that's pretty weird. I hadn't heard that!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Cop has apparently been taken into custody.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Oh well thank God, now we can all be friends. This will change everything.

PREDICTION: The media will use this case to stoke the fires of black ethnonarcissism and fragility.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:36 pm
nafod wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:55 pm I'm a firm believer in the belief that whatever the initial take is on a story, it is wrong. But this is a mind-boggling twist...say what????

Yeah that's pretty weird. I hadn't heard that!
I could understand if they'd been married for 17 years.
Don’t believe everything you think.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

That is gay marriage in the midwest.