The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Re: The couch thread

Post by Mountebank »

From that video's description:
Jake was also kind enough to compile my lifts from IronFest 2011 at August Schmidt's oly lifting comp at East Valley CF. I blow out a hammy on my 2nd Clean and Jerk attempt at 112 kg/247 lb (IIRC). Funny, sort of.
Um, who doesn't "recall correctly" blowing out a hammy just three weeks ago, and then he took a third attempt? True @F "do it until you're broken" brainz there.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Captain Quack wrote:From that video's description:
Jake was also kind enough to compile my lifts from IronFest 2011 at August Schmidt's oly lifting comp at East Valley CF. I blow out a hammy on my 2nd Clean and Jerk attempt at 112 kg/247 lb (IIRC). Funny, sort of.
Um, who doesn't "recall correctly" blowing out a hammy just three weeks ago, and then he took a third attempt? True @F "do it until you're broken" brainz there.
I'm guessing a liar. Nobody "blows out a hammy" and can't remember when it takes place. Ask anyone who has pulled one and they'll tell you he's fucking full of shit.

Who are we talking about?
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

rjudo
Gunny

Post by rjudo »

baffled wrote:
I'm guessing a liar. Nobody "blows out a hammy" and can't remember when it takes place. Ask anyone who has pulled one and they'll tell you he's fucking full of shit.

Absolutely. Blow a hamstring/adductor your gonna remember it. Nothing to see here, just another assfit bullshitter.
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

Did they "swing" the hammer like that in order to complete more "reps"?
That's got to be the most awesome thing I've seen in a while.
YES!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

tzg
Gunny

Post by tzg »

To be fair, I think the "IIRC" referred to the weight (110kg), not "maybe it was the second attempt". I think it's reasonable to forget that weight, it's not very much.

sanchezero

Post by sanchezero »

ButterCupPowerRanch wrote:Did they "swing" the hammer like that in order to complete more "reps"?
That's got to be the most awesome thing I've seen in a while.
YES!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
kipping sledge. more efficient power delivery means more gains over more modal domains.
have you ever been as far as even considered go want to do look more like?

Mountebank
Sgt. Major

Post by Mountebank »

@Fers, your dear fitness overlords are completely selling you out. Your cult is just too profitable to ignore.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-1 ... shoes.html
A partnership with CrossFit Inc. gyms in the U.S. will help to promote the Reebok brand, according to Becker. The agreement puts the brand alongside “the coolest and fastest-growing fitness philosophy in the U.S.,” he said. Reebok has started selling apparel through the website for the CrossFit Games and will sponsor the event, which is held in California in July.
[...]
Stronger Brand

“It is key for fitness-product makers to start cooperation with gym operators where the brand is part of joined campaigns for existing and potential members and trainers wear their apparel,” said Niels Gronau, a consultant for the leisure industry at Deloitte & Touche LLP in Germany. “It supports the brand’s strength and justifies a higher price level.”
Apparently the revenue-sharing program from R@@bok for affiliates has been announced. They are now on par with Zumba!

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

WildGorillaMan wrote:I just can't stop laughing my gorilla ass off at this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssvx5OHDSBQ[/youtube]
its the shakeweight elite!
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

baffled wrote:

Quit hating. "Hammy" is a code word for a Reebok VP. They've been planning this awhile.

ThespianDouche
Sarge

Post by ThespianDouche »

As seen on FB today
Crossfit: You know you're doing something really wrong when a Sports Law professor asks "Has anyone ever heard of CrossFit?" during the introduction to a lecture on negligence in sports law.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Turdacious wrote:
WildGorillaMan wrote:I just can't stop laughing my gorilla ass off at this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssvx5OHDSBQ[/youtube]
its the shakeweight elite!
When the apocalypse comes, and all you have is some cream, a churn, and a sledgehammer, YOU will have no butter for your toast. But the @Fers will, sir. The @Fers will.

ThespianDouche
Sarge

Post by ThespianDouche »

Butter isn't paleo and it's hard to zone.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Dale Saran, Elite Esq wrote:but my question is this – how much did you make as a result of CF providing you the nutrition gigs? Are you telling me you would have had such an audience but for CF? If you’re so above CF, then why don’t you give back every red cent you ever made on your nutrition certs and walk away? Do your own thing.
Dale speaks from experience here. It must have been hard as a starving solo, paying $150/mo affiliate fees on court appointments for pot charges and petty theft. Now that he's a big-time corporate lawyer, he's going to lash out at everyone who ever made fun of him for being slow. I imagine that's a lot of folks.

Dale is the biggest POS HQ has produced. Couch is a liar and a fraud, but this goes along with hucksterism. Bony "Yes Man" Goebbels is a bumbling incompetent that reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo. And Castro is actually quite competent as far as logistics are concerned.

But Dale...I've seen very few licensed attorneys act this way (the others have been disbarred). I can't imagine getting on an Internet forum and fighting with random posters about a client I represent. Even the muck-raking ambulance-chasing coke-addicted thieving barely-licensed shyster attorneys out there are embarrassed to be associated with Dale Saran.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

ThespianDouche wrote:Butter isn't paleo and it's hard to zone.
And toast is the paleo devil.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Gin Master
Sgt. Major

Post by Gin Master »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:
ThespianDouche wrote:Butter isn't paleo and it's hard to zone.
And toast is the paleo devil.
Hardcore Paleo disciples, like the assholes who rant about eating green beans, are getting to be up there with @Fers. Eat what you want, especially if you need to correct some disease, but don't spend all day talking about how carrots will kill you.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I was digusted at couch's lucidity in that last vid. Got to back the smack up, Gregg.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

WildGorillaMan wrote:So where is the RRG money?
You'd think that if HQ has the time and energy to increase profits by partnering with Reebok, they could put a little of that time and energy into getting policies issued in states other than Wyoming.

Weird, that.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Basically Saran's actions and posts have demonstrated exactly his level of integrity.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

Any chance the sledge hammer video is a spoof? It was made by Drywall.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

sanchezero wrote:...

I'm sorry, were you saying something?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Attachments
separated at birth.png
separated at birth.png (194.32 KiB) Viewed 7213 times
You'll Hurt Your Back

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:Any chance the sledge hammer video is a spoof? It was made by Drywall.
Does it even matter anymore? Reality and satire are indistinguishable at this point.
You'll Hurt Your Back

Gary John
Gunny

Post by Gary John »

This is the sledge hammer station scaled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jep2sYk ... detailpage

Now please embed (inbed) for me, cuz that is beyond my vast intra-net knowledge.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

You knew this was gonna happen, and it makes me smile. Once the Mouncey article hit the @fit boards, the kool-aid crew is going 'hot fire poker in the ass' crazy denouncing her and trying to tell everyone what @fit really is.

lulz

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=68987
The encouragement of poor form? Ha Ha! If your form breaks down because you punk out and get sloppy that is on you. If you read Jay Cutlers back training program and try to follow it and get injured it is on you. The magazine did not make you do it wrong you did. Same goes for CrossFit. Does form break down? Yes. Do people care more about time than doing things properly? Yes. Does CrossFit encourage poor form. No.
He needs to talk to Castro about the 20% slop.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Gary John wrote:This is the sledge hammer station scaled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jep2sYk ... detailpage

Now please embed (inbed) for me, cuz that is beyond my vast intra-net knowledge.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jep2sYkSWA[/youtube]