72 Virgins for Qasem Soleimani

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Re: 72 Virgins for Qasem Soleimani

Post by johno »

How's this: "He was the military leader of a designated terrorist organization operating in Iraq. He killed & maimed US soldiers, attacked US allies, and invaded the US embassy. He was planning more murder. We had the opportunity, so we killed him."

PS - It has always been within Congress's power to defund the Iraq war.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

EN2WITtUUAIIyym.jpg
EN2WITtUUAIIyym.jpg (63.22 KiB) Viewed 4664 times
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:30 pm How's this: "He was the military leader of a designated terrorist organization operating in Iraq. He killed & maimed US soldiers, attacked US allies, and invaded the US embassy. He was planning more murder. We had the opportunity, so we killed him."
It's been that way, with plenty of opportunities, since I was there in 2008 (when I got "read in" to what was going on).

His plane should have had a mechanical malfunction, or he should have ate some bad Falafel. Killing him while a guest of the Iraqis was strategically dumb.

Trump promised to commit war crimes if the Iranians retaliated. The President. War crimes. Via twitter.

WTF? That should not ever be normalized. It shouldn't be "that's just Trump being Trump". It was fucking stupid.

Somewhere in our government someone told him to STFU on that. I guess he listened?

Luckily the Iranians targeted some empty targets and everyone saved face.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine’s Security Council, told Ukrainian media that officials had several working theories regarding the crash, including a missile strike.

“A strike by a missile, possibly a Tor missile system, is among the main (theories), as information has surfaced on the internet about elements of a missile being found near the site of the crash,” Danilov said. He did not elaborate on where he saw the information on the internet.

https://ktla.com/2020/01/09/uk-investig ... ion-grows/

So lemme get this straight, we kill one deserving Iranian general and its a huge catastrophe but Iranians kill 176 innocent people from all over the world and nafod doesn't have any concerns...why do you hate America?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:43 pm So lemme get this straight, we kill one deserving Iranian general and its a huge catastrophe but Iranians kill 176 innocent people from all over the world and nafod doesn't have any concerns...
Concerns about what? That folks are amped up on both sides, hair trigger alert, ripe for some nervous, over-zealous knucklehead to do something stupid and shoot down an airliner? Sounds like some Iranian checked that block.

We've been there before, by the way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm Trump promised to commit war crimes if the Iranians retaliated. The President. War crimes. Via twitter.

WTF? That should not ever be normalized. It shouldn't be "that's just Trump being Trump". It was fucking stupid.
He's acted like that publicly since the 80's. Only people who want an excuse to continue to hate him don't see this.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

He wasn't POTUS in the 1980s

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:17 pm He wasn't POTUS in the 1980s
Running your mouth on twitter is not promising anything. Trump's gonna Trump.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:43 pm So lemme get this straight, we kill one deserving Iranian general and its a huge catastrophe but Iranians kill 176 innocent people from all over the world and nafod doesn't have any concerns...
Concerns about what? That folks are amped up on both sides, hair trigger alert, ripe for some nervous, over-zealous knucklehead to do something stupid and shoot down an airliner? Sounds like some Iranian checked that block.

B..bu..but whaddabout the US? Really nafod, is that what you're gonna go with? Something that happened in 1988? LMAO. Iran attacked our Embassy on January 1, 2020. They punched their own ticket, then shot down 176 innocent people, and you still are trying to draw some moral equivalence between us. Sad!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 pm

B..bu..but whaddabout the US? Really nafod, is that what you're gonna go with? Something that happened in 1988? LMAO. Iran attacked our Embassy on January 1, 2020. They punched their own ticket, then shot down 176 innocent people, and you still are trying to draw some moral equivalence between us. Sad!
???

You lost me on the "moral equivalence" thing. Are you suggesting Iran purposely shot down the Ukrainian airliner? Or that someone fucked up? Just like we did in 1988, when everyone was locked and loaded for a fight right-this-second.

When you get to this point, it is super easy for someone to screw the pooch and kick off a real war. You want proof they are amped up? They just shot down an airliner.

Some dumbass militia gang in Iraq who decides he and his homies are personally going to revenge Qassim, in spite of Iran saying "chill out". What are the odds? What happens when a bunch of Americans get killed this way? Next step? Go to war?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Perhaps we misunderstand each other. I agree that it was likely an accident, and that accidents do happen, particularly when tensions are high. I also remember that the USA took responsibility for Flight 655, whereas Iran has denied all responsibility for this Flight 752 incident.

That said, killing Soleimani was the right thing to do based on a long list of his activities and there's no way to get around that fact, or to use it to justify what Iran is doing in response. The guy personally oversaw Quds Force, Hezbollah in Syria and Lebanon, Hamas in Palestine, Houthi in Yemen, etc.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:42 pm Perhaps we misunderstand each other.
I think so

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm
johno wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:30 pm We had the opportunity, so we killed him."
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pmIt's been that way, with plenty of opportunities, since I was there in 2008 (when I got "read in" to what was going on).
And Trump finally did something about it.

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pmKilling him while a guest of the Iraqis was strategically dumb.
That's one take on it. Another take is that it sent a clear message to Iran and to others.

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pmLuckily the Iranians targeted some empty targets and everyone saved face.
"Luckily" or "calculatedly." Because we were prepared to give their nuts another twist, and they knew it. And we knew they knew it.

W.B. Yeats

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

The NY Post has a NY Times video here of the Iranian launched Russian missile hitting the plane. If you follow the link on that page to other NYT videos you can see the debris falling from the sky and landing on a street, a giant row of body bags, and other sobering & depressing stuff. Make sure your sound is on. It makes it even creepier.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:33 pm "Luckily" or "calculatedly." Because we were prepared to give their nuts another twist, and they knew it. And we knew they knew it.
I agree the Iranians didn't actually want to kill anyone. I was impressed with the accuracy that they hit their targets with. That's a message too.

Glad my 409K didn't take a hit.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Yes, I think we can all see how impressed your are by the Iranians.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I know you didn’t mean it that way, but between the attack on the Saudi refinery with precise hits by all the missiles and drones that made it, and the ballistic missiles precisely hitting what they were aimed at, no mean feat on a good day, respect is owed for their precision targeting capability.

You’d think we would have jammed it or spoofed it or shot it down. Nope. Defenses didn’t work at either the refinery or our bases. That’s an eye opener.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:36 pm I know you didn’t mean it that way, but between the attack on the Saudi refinery with precise hits by all the missiles and drones that made it, and the ballistic missiles precisely hitting what they were aimed at, no mean feat on a good day, respect is owed for their precision targeting capability.

You’d think we would have jammed it or spoofed it or shot it down. Nope. Defenses didn’t work at either the refinery or our bases. That’s an eye opener.
You're right, they are very accurate when taking out civilian jet liners. U mad?
Fat Cat wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:23 pm Re: the missile attack, I'm wondering if there wasn't a back room deal where Iranian missiles intentionally missed so that they could have a face-saving attack while not doing anything that would force an American response.
I already acknowledged several days ago that it's very likely that the Iranians missed intentionally. They're goofs but not that bad. Then again, your friends:

-Favorite son got spread on toast by your orange commander.

-Held a funeral for him in which 50 were crushed to death and hundreds wounded.

-Fired a barrage of failure that did nothing but elicit laughter.

-Splashed a Ukrainian jetliner full of Canadians (wtf...world's most polite country. Seriously who does that?) and their own people.

-Botched coverup of said massacre.

Now they look shook domestically, limp dicked internationally, and at best a noxious compound of lies and incompetence.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 am
nafod wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:36 pm I know you didn’t mean it that way, but between the attack on the Saudi refinery with precise hits by all the missiles and drones that made it, and the ballistic missiles precisely hitting what they were aimed at, no mean feat on a good day, respect is owed for their precision targeting capability.

You're right, they are very accurate when taking out civilian jet liners. U mad?
That was Russian hardware, 2-0 against airliners.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

From the Wall Street Journal...those librul assholes...interdasting

See Spell's post in the future if you can't see this one.

Last edited by nafod on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Your image doesn't show breh.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

It do for me: Mr Trump, after the strike, told associates he was under pressure to deal with Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial in the Senate, associates said.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The WSJ has gotten enough things wrong to no longer have face value credibility-- the trend of editorial staff cuts has had consequences.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/main ... st-in-2017

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Most Wall Street Journal reporters are liberals. (Trust me, I’m married to one.) And they have gone after Trump plenty.
It’s the editorial board that’s conservative, but with a dash of Never Trump thrown in.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:53 pm It do for me: Mr Trump, after the strike, told associates he was under pressure to deal with Gen. Soleimani from GOP senators he views as important supporters in his coming impeachment trial in the Senate, associates said.

For perspective, the WSJ broke the Ukraine phonemail whistleblower report that distorted key portions of the conversation.
And, "associates said...." Leaks from the White House have been plentiful and often plenty wrong.

As to Spells's quote^, it doesn't pass the Smell Test. Trump already had comfortable majority support in the Senate.
Only a bombshell revelation at trial would endanger his Presidency.

W.B. Yeats