Welcome to Houston USSR

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Welcome to Houston USSR

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Most of these pastors are making very good money, let's say well over 6 figures, from being pastors of these churches, but they take a small salary on record for tax purposes, they just spend the fuck out of the "church" money for personal purchases.

The cunts who own megachurches are the most practiced at this.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Willful misinterpretation as an excuse to throw a hissy-fit by white Christian victimization crowd who apparently can't get a fair shake in Texas.
=D>
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Batboy2/75 wrote:I can't wait to read the ramblings of those that will defend this bullshit.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:This is also about fraud, not speech, which was missing from the early news reports.
The allegations of improper conduct by the city attorney is not missing from early news reports:
http://www.chron.com/news/politics/hous ... 683735.php

Besides, if Houston's government had any confidence the bathroom bill would win in a citywide election, they'd have let the ballot measure go through.
Grandpa's Spells wrote:Willful misinterpretation as an excuse to throw a hissy-fit by white Christian victimization crowd who apparently can't get a fair shake in Texas.
More like the mayor got schooled in how to use the bully pulpit.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Yes, I'm drunk wrote:
Batboy2/75 wrote:I can't wait to read the ramblings of those that will defend this bullshit.

I was not disappointed. My low regard for my fellow Americans continues.

Too many Americans are only for unalienable rights when applied THEIR side or cause. They are more than willing to use, or shit by see used, the power government against their political or cultural enemies. They have no concept of true Liberty.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

I'm not sure if some posts are hidden but I didn't see anyone defend the mayors actions.

Topic author
Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

buckethead wrote:I'm not sure if some posts are hidden but I didn't see anyone defend the mayors actions.

In general, not just IGx.

Plus, there were some interesting posts from Shaf and Troy.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Batboy2/75 wrote:
buckethead wrote:I'm not sure if some posts are hidden but I didn't see anyone defend the mayors actions.

In general, not just IGx.

Plus, there were some interesting posts from Shaf and Troy.
That's a blatant falsehood. Neither of those two ever post anything interesting.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

The overarching point is that this is one more example of the far left trying to intimidate free and unfettered oppositional speech. Other examples include:
>> Brendan Eich of Mozilla burned at the stake for having the same position on same sex marriage that Obama did at the time.
>> Targeting the livelihoods of donors to Prop 8 in CA (see Obama comment above)
>> Massive attack on Koch's while silent on lib billionaires political donations (Steyer brothers, Bloomberg, Hollywod et. al.)
>> Attack on Scott Walker and conservative advocacy groups via a John Doe investigation by a county prosecutor (whose wive is/was a union executive).
>> IRS unbalanced and extreme scrutiny of Tea Party affiliated groups.
>> Harry Reid and 45 other Democrat senators signing on to rewrite the 1st amendment.

In other words, it's an intimidation tactic that has had some success across the country. Houston wasn't the right place to use it against preachers.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Wow. Victimville, population 1 donkey

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

buckethead wrote:Wow. Victimville, population 1 donkey
Nobody's bothering me, I'm not important enough and my political speech is just yammering. The tactics I mentioned are correct, Progressive leadership wants to stifle conservative speech.

GOP has a similar tactic with voter ID laws. They claim it's to stop voter fraud which, to a degree, is correct. What they really want is a few % fewer minority (Democrat) voters.

Since the balance of power is on the bubble in so many states & districts, a few percent of voters one way or another can make a huge difference.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party