Who doesn't make it through?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Primary Cabinet Reject

Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:44 am

Price-- Health and Human Services
No votes
Tillerson-- Secretary of State
13%
DeVos-- Secretary of Education
19%
Carson-- Secretary of HUD
No votes
Sessions-- Attorney General
No votes
Somebody Else
13%
Nobody-- They all make it through
56%

Total votes: 16

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Who doesn't make it through?

Post by Protobuilder »

seeahill wrote:My "someone else" is Scott Pruitt, EPA
EPA isn't a Cabinet department but he is a worse pick than Devos, who is as bad as you could imagine. However, I'm not of the opinion that Trump's an idiot and has no idea what he's doing but rather the contrary and instead of simply killing the Dept of Ed and EPA, he's going to put a person in charge who does essentially the same irregardless if it's intentional.

However, if I had to bet, I would say that everybody makes it through because as bad as the candidates have been, the questioning by democrats has been worse.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

dead man walking wrote:tell me the avg annual income in the school district, and i'll tell you whether the school is "good."

educational quality has nothing to do with r and d. it mirrors the economic status community in which the school is located.

(and yes, teachers unions aren't helping)

as for guns for grizzlies, the comment is a perfect example of her point that one size doesn't fit all. her response applies to maybe .0001 percent of all schools. it's a terrible example and reveals her lack of command of the issue. if you channel a dipshit and get called for it, you don't get a pass by blaming your foolishness on the dipshit
Here in Texas, the FBISD is so fucking huge, that while the average income is pretty good, there are distinct poor areas, with, you got it, poor schools in the same district. Teachers don't like teaching where they can get assaulted and where the students aren't interested in learning except for advanced placement classes

And anyone in AP classes general gets to one of the better high schools due to the academy programs

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

DeVos vote is happening. I watched her hearings and don't feel she is qualified but hearing Warren drone on and on and on to block a vote has nearly changed my mind.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

LOL

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Hopefully she will do away with the Dept of Education
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Tweet of the day is "Bye Flynnecia"

Hard for a guy that requires no confirmation to win the pool, but there it is.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Yeah this fucking sucks. If we get a neocon I am out.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:Tweet of the day is "Bye Flynnecia"

Hard for a guy that requires no confirmation to win the pool, but there it is.
You know damn well he talked about sanctions with the commies with Trump's blessing

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

bennyonesix wrote:Yeah this fucking sucks. If we get a neocon I am out.
donald prefers to surround himself with experienced cons
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

At least Trump eventually offed Flynn.

MSM seems to be forgetting when, in the Obama regime, Clapper lied under oath to congress about the gov't surveilling our cell phones. If it wasn't for Snowden, he would have gotten away with it.

He "revised" his testimony and all was fine. No MSM outrage or sturm und drang. Clapper made it to the last day of Obama's term w/o controversy.

The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

The real fight:
In early January, House Speaker Paul Ryan met on the issue of tax reform with a delegation from the president-elect. Attending were future chief strategist and senior counselor Stephen K. Bannon, future chief of staff Reince Priebus, future senior adviser Jared Kushner, future counselor Kellyanne Conway and future senior policy adviser Stephen Miller. As the meeting began, Ryan pointedly asked, "Who's in charge?"

Silence.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d141ce0f18
My bet is that Bannon will be out or riding pine in two months tops.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:At least Trump eventually offed Flynn.

MSM seems to be forgetting when, in the Obama regime, Clapper lied under oath to congress about the gov't surveilling our cell phones. If it wasn't for Snowden, he would have gotten away with it.

He "revised" his testimony and all was fine. No MSM outrage or sturm und drang. Clapper made it to the last day of Obama's term w/o controversy.

I don't think Clapper colluded with our enemies to win an election

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

nafod wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:At least Trump eventually offed Flynn.

I don't think Clapper colluded with our enemies to win an election
I don't think Flynn did either.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

what was the purpose of flynn's collusion?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

dead man walking wrote:what was the purpose of flynn's collusion?
After the election, it was a let the Russians know that the sanctions were temporary and that promises made before the election would be kept.

Do I know this for a fact? It is a million times more likely than the idea that 3-5 million voters swung the election for Trump. Or voters were bussed in to New Hampshire. Or we are at a peak in the murder rate, etc.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

nafod wrote:
After the election, it was a let the Russians know that the sanctions were temporary and that promises made before the election would be kept.

Do I know this for a fact? It is a million times more likely than the idea that 3-5 million voters swung the election for Trump. Or voters were bussed in to New Hampshire. Or we are at a peak in the murder rate, etc.
Maybe it was the new administration's equivalent of this.
As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time — “particularly with missile defense” — until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.

“I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

“This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
nafod wrote:

Maybe it was the new administration's equivalent of this.
As he was leaning toward Medvedev in Seoul, Obama was overheard asking for time — “particularly with missile defense” — until he is in a better position politically to resolve such issues.

“I understand your message about space,” replied Medvedev, who will hand over the presidency to Putin in May.

“This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility,” Obama said, expressing confidence that he would win a second term.
Obama was President at the time. Big diff.

Candidate Trump's campaign likely colluded with the Russians, trading hacked email releases for promises of better relations and an easily manipulable knucklehead in the White House.
WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

i'll give donkey credit. he's got the tit-for-tat rebuttal down.

critic: trump is playing footsie with the russians
donkey: well, obama played footside with the russians--see?

problem with that style of debate is, nothing useful gets accomplished. it's just a pissing contest.

if trump does something thoughtless, suggesting that obama did the same thing doesn't provide any incentive for trump to improve. leaning on the "obamas-did-it-too" argument is effectively an admission that trump is a dick, not an improvement. probably he's worse, because he said he was gonna be different.

spare me the whining: obama did that, too. the leakers are the problem. the media can't be trusted. these are all the weak retorts of a loser, more specifically an impulsive, poorly organized fat guy surrounded by a swarm of wanna-be power gnats.

do blondie and his circle have the ability to get things under control? for some, chaos is policy. pl54 is cheered by the out-of-control infantile anxiety of the left.

i'm curious to see it play out.

one final thought; if i were king, i would order the summary executiom of anyone who says, "fake news." gimme a fucking break.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Back to the original question, two of you were right. I wasn't one of them.
The fast food executive Andrew F. Puzder withdrew his nomination to be President Trump’s labor secretary on Wednesday amid growing doubts among Republican senators that he can be confirmed.

Democrats claimed victory.

“The simple truth is that given his relationship to employees at the companies he runs, he was not fit to lead a department responsible for defending workers’ rights,” said Senator Bernie Sanders, independent of Vermont who ran for the Democratic presidential nomination last year.

The chief executive of the CKE Restaurants fast-food chain, owner of Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr., had come under intense fire from Democrats and liberal groups who accused him of mistreating his workers, opposing the minimum wage and supporting automation in the workplace. The attacks on his policy views were compounded by intense scrutiny of his personal life, including allegations that he abused his ex-wife in the 1980s.

Senators were privately shown a videotape of Mr. Puzder’s wife appearing incognito on Oprah Winfrey’s television show and detailing her claims of abuse, which she later recanted.

Conservatives, including the editors of National Review and Breitbart News, focused their fire on his employment of an undocumented immigrant as a housekeeper and his failure to pay taxes for her services.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/us/p ... .html?_r=0

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

The people who leaked the Flynn info committed a felony. Shall Trump go after them with the same vigor that Obama used against whistle blowers and journalists?

Shall the extra-legal attack of shadow intelligence agents against a legally elected administration be tolerated? If so, should Snowden be pardoned? After all, he did what he did for a higher good.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

it was ever thus with leaks.

did trump know and approve of flynn's discussions with the russians?

why not just demonstrate he's got a pair and say, yes, gen'l flynn, with my full support, was engaging with the russians.

now go back to your business while the general and i attend to ours.

instead he's admitting there was something wrong going on, and he's stuck with the lame bullshit whinging about leaks.

the guy loved wikileaks? he just doesn't like donnieleaks.

live by the sword . . .

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Ben Rhodes is going to jail.

And I 100% agree with DMW. Tell the fgts to fuck off because Flynn did nothing wrong and was right in everything he said.

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx »

Flynn was a registered Dem, appointed to run the DIA by Obama. It also appears they knew about this before Obama left office. Possibly December. Why no investigation? Or did this fall under the FBI, "we looked into it ,and it wasn't malfeasance"?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mike-flynn ... 1487123221

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

benny agrees with me. i'm worried.

unfortunately, blondie missed his chance. all the cajones got deported or stopped at the border trying to get in.