Will they ever leave Lance Armstrong alone?

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Will they ever leave Lance Armstrong alone?

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

protobuilder wrote:Dick Pound?

Seriously?

No wonder he's pissed.

For realz...who can blame hime?

Me ...I blame him. He should have changed it.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
For realz...who can blame hime?

Me ...I blame him. He should have changed it.
That name rules. I'd kill for that name. You kidding me? It's a shame an old man has it who swam. It should be some guy who rips apart walls with his teeth

--- Sent from my iPhone because I can

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

You guys need to understand a couple of things:
1) Nobody in the general population gives a shit if he's doped. Nobody's life outside of other cyclists is affected by his doping or not. And nobody gives a fuck about other cyclists.
2) Buckethead is pretty fucking funny.
3) You guys need to watch out for Jay. He posts from his iPhone because he can. Needs no permission from anyone. It's what Henry Rollins would do.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Jay

Post by Jay »

baffled wrote:You guys need to understand a couple of things:
1) Nobody in the general population gives a shit if he's doped. Nobody's life outside of other cyclists is affected by his doping or not. And nobody gives a fuck about other cyclists.
2) Buckethead is pretty fucking funny.
3) You guys need to watch out for Jay. He posts from his iPhone because he can. Needs no permission from anyone. It's what Henry Rollins would do.
Fuckin a right. Rollins has the iRon I have the iPhone

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

What role will the recent discovery of the Higgy-Bosom play in international cycling? Only physicists with a Phd or higher should respond.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

USADA has an annual budget of 10 million and one in house lawyer. I don't see them winning the lawsuit.

Sent from my itouch as per usual, but I don't normally have douchebag auto signature on.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:they can pry the bacon from my cold dead hand.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Jezzy makes a very good point. Is it possible USADA may get outside funding to pursue the case? Is that legal? If it isn't, would they break their rules or laws anyway to prove a point? Can we all make up our own signature each time we post?
- Buck Brannaman

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jezebel Jones wrote:USADA has an annual budget of 10 million and one in house lawyer. I don't see them winning the lawsuit.

Sent from my itouch as per usual, but I don't normally have douchebag auto signature on.

Motherhood has not dulled your snark wit

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

...but it has ruined her vagina.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

Shapecharge wrote:...but it has ruined her vagina.
No. C-section FTW.

Sassenach
ironslinger

Post by Sassenach »

baffled wrote:Jezzy makes a very good point. Is it possible USADA may get outside funding to pursue the case? Is that legal? If it isn't, would they break their rules or laws anyway to prove a point? Can we all make up our own signature each time we post?
It appears they're already making up their own rules WRT the anonymous sources.

-- sent from my itouch because I have fabulous tits.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Fuck everyone. My attempt at snarky wit failed. I'll turn it off. Pricks. Bags of shits you all are.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Happy? Now you can troll my posts instead of the bad sig line

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

i was going to troll your avatar a little more but i was afraid it might result in a pillow biting fuck you all i'm doing bodybuilding thread.

. :goodman: s'all love bro...really

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:i was going to troll your avatar a little more but i was afraid it might result in a pillow biting fuck you all i'm doing bodybuilding thread.

. :goodman: s'all love bro...really
Haha.

I grew up on Black Flag. I happen to like the avatar because it's kind of cool. Either that or an animated gif from two girls one cup.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Jay wrote:Fuck everyone. My attempt at snarky wit failed. I'll turn it off. Pricks. Bags of shits you all are.

I didn't see the earlier mention of snark wit. Damn I'm an unknown copycat

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Discussing the National Hockey League in November 2005, Pound said, “you wouldn’t be far wrong if you said a third of hockey players are gaining some pharmaceutical assistance."[3] Pound would later admit that he completely invented the figure.
The Union Cycliste Internationale launched an enquiry, led by lawyer Emile Vrijman, former head of the Netherlands’ antidoping agency (and later defense lawyer of athletes accused of doping). In his 132-page report,[9] leaked to the media on May 31, 2006, Vrijman said no proper records were kept of the samples and that there had been no chain of custody and no process to ensure that the samples had not been spiked with banned substances at the laboratory. The report was highly critical of WADA and Pound, concluding that they had specifically targeted Armstrong and the UCI. The report also called for an investigation to "focus on the communications between Dick Pound and the media" and recommended that no disciplinary action be taken against any athletes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Pound#Controversies

Sounds like a Gloria Allred wannabe to me.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

i figured wada went ahead because they have someone like hincape on record saying he saw lance dope.

lance's current public accusers--hamilton, landis--have been discredited. hincapie is "clean" and a long-time lance lieutenant. if they've got him or someone like him on the record, then lance won't be able to talk his way out.

pure speculation on my part, but what other basis would wada have for going after armstrong?

that said, lance is a doper and he's fucking greatness and he's single-minded dick.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

No, they won't leave him alone though, if all they have after all these years and efforts are the eye-witness testimony of plea-bargainers, they probably should.

Perhaps they could go after entire sports that are dirty instead of spending millions to try and get something on retired (or semi-retired in LA's situation) athletes.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

rjudo
Gunny

Post by rjudo »

The Dick Pound's of the world need to give it a rest and a get a goddamn life. How many fuckin times has Lance been tested over the years and come up clean every time? When it might have mattered they couldn't nab him. Now it's just sour grapes whining. Funny this is based on guy's saying they've see him doping, but what should matter is the damn test, not someone s claims of him do something years after the fact. CnP oughta go give Dick a Pounding in his ass, on film.
food is medicine. that's why i'm drinking dr. pepper.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

They should just legalize PEDs for everyone, let parents police their own children and let these guys shatter every conceivable record as their hearts explode. Inform people of the potential risks, then let 'em go to deal with the costs as they see fit.

Bring back the old Eastern Bloc approach to athletics, dissolve USADA and WADA, let the Dick Pounds of the world get a real job, and let Lance be the self absorbed prick/greatest endurance athlete of all time in peace.
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Shapecharge wrote:What role will the recent discovery of the Higgy-Bosom play in international cycling? Only physicists with a Phd or higher should respond.
Shape. Did you do the coffee enemas and martinis over the weekend? What about the garlic stuffed olives? Eat them or shove them up your ass with? I bet Lance detoxed himself like that during training and before each race. When his secret comes out, Pound will be pounding garlic stuffed olives up his ass and praising Environmental Medicine doctors. That's what I think.You?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

baffled wrote:They should just legalize PEDs for everyone, let parents police their own children and let these guys shatter every conceivable record as their hearts explode. Inform people of the potential risks, then let 'em go to deal with the costs as they see fit.

Bring back the old Eastern Bloc approach to athletics, dissolve USADA and WADA, let the Dick Pounds of the world get a real job, and let Lance be the self absorbed prick/greatest endurance athlete of all time in peace.

YOu have a Presidential look about you, Sir.

Jay

Post by Jay »

baffled wrote:They should just legalize PEDs for everyone, let parents police their own children and let these guys shatter every conceivable record as their hearts explode. Inform people of the potential risks, then let 'em go to deal with the costs as they see fit.

I like this the best

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

YOu have a Presidential look about you, Sir.
president of a small island nation, about to be flooding by rising sea levels, perhaps.

we're not about to legalize any drugs, goddammit, neither marijuana nor cheaters' drugs.

we caught, castigated, and punished, bonds, et al. all we need to do it punish the last outlaw, armstrong. justice demands it.

baffled is punch drunk.

lance a cheating blight, an insult to our sense of fairness. plus he only has one ball.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.