K2 Kettlebells

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Monts
Sarge

K2 Kettlebells

Post by Monts »

Unless I find something cheaper, money-wise, K2 kettlebells are the best thing I've seen after the DD bells.

I just recieved my first 40kg bell from k2. I've already got a 40kg from DD. Side by side, they're practically identical. I weighed them both and they weigh the same as well.

Snatches, cleans and swings all feel the same too. Also DHL delivers for K2 Fitness and they're fast as hell. K2 shipped the order monday and it was here on wednesday the same week.

K2 kettlebells get my endorsement and I would recommend them in a heartbeat over a Dragondoor kettlebell if you don't wish to spend as much.
Preparing for the day when the zombies come.

HawkSC
Private

Post by HawkSC »

Monts,

What do you think of the outside coasting? I have a 32kg and the shiny slick coating makes it tough for me to do my ballistics with it. And it got real dinged up the first time I used it. I guess that the slick nature will help to develop my grip better.

Thanks,

Jim

Trip

Post by Trip »

That's the second comment I've read about coating. Are the K2 bells powder coated the same way the DD ones are?

HawkSC
Private

Post by HawkSC »

No. They used to, but they started using some type of epoxy paint by the time I purchased my last kb from them.

Jim

Trip

Post by Trip »

Well, to the best of my knowledge there is no kind of paint that is as durable as powder coating. If you don't really care about the finish on your bells thats fine. If you do want to maintain the factory finish as long as possible it might be something to consider.

Topic author
Monts
Sarge

Post by Monts »

I could care less about the paint coat. It's not a car, just a hunk of iron to be thrown around. I sand my handles to the bare metal anyways so chalk can stick better to the handles. I highly recommend doing such if you're into GS. My grip gets a hell of a workout anyway doing high reps and farmer walks.

DD's powder coating is better, but cheap paint can always be bought. It's a negligible distinction in my opinion.

Trip

Post by Trip »

Not everyone is doing GS injun. If you lose the finish then you gots to worry about rust.

HawkSC
Private

Post by HawkSC »

Trip,

I've had some rust on my DD kettlebells that were powdercoated from using them and banging them together. Sanding and painting with cheap paint such as rustoleum works well.

Thanks,

Jim

Trip

Post by Trip »

Banging your balls together is always a bad move IHMO. Let's bury this dead horse, I like K2 and they will at the top of my list when I decide to make another KB purchase. Just playing devil's advocate.

HawkSC
Private

Post by HawkSC »

Trip,

Man, you're tripping. I never said that I didn't like K2. I have several of their kbs. I don't like their choice of coating/paint.

Trip

Post by Trip »

HawkSC - you missunderstood. I didn't think that you don't like K2. The "ball banging" comment was a joke.

Topic author
Monts
Sarge

Post by Monts »

Good point Trip. And yeah, I know GS is limited in it's appeal. As for rust, I live in the Desert, rust is a rarity here. But I can understand this concern for people living back east. Still I'd give K2 a try and use rust proof primer for touch ups on the bells.